suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

2010-2011 PAC 10 Basketball early predictions

This Conference SHOULD and I put a lot of emphasis into that should back to its old ways and begin building a power conference back to normal. Last year was just the fall of all falls for them. But they represented there conference well in the NCAAs. This being said here is my thoughts on the teams and how i think its gonna shake out in the end.

First of 8 of the 10 teams have atleast 1 ESPN U top 100 recruit coming to play for them. Washington State and Oregon did not recruit any ELITE talent for the 2010-2011 Campaign.

Klay Thompson the star of Washington States squad though has vowed that he and his team will make a lot of noise in the coming season. He announced that he is working his hardest on making this 2010-2011 season a very good one.

The OREGON DUCKS may have a load of money to hand out but no one feels the need to go play there. Why would a player in his Senior year of high school want to go play for a struggling PAC-10 program that hasnt had a quality season since Aaron Brooks became a phenom there.

A team that could be interesting would have to be the Arizona Wildcats. Im really unsure of how balanced or how top heavy this team is. They have ELITE talent. A great coach in his 2nd year at the school now and a excellent fan base. They could defintly be a sleeper in the PAC-10 and march on into the NCAAs. The team lacks size though. There big man is Kyryl Natyazhko at 6'10 he is going to be a Sophomore in the 2010-2011 season but only averaged 2 points a game. Parrom, Williams, and Hill will defintly look to increase there presence in the PAC-10 though and will work to become a deadly force.

Since I just finished talking about Arizona lets take a look at there Rivals. The Arizona State Sun Devils. I feel like im repeating myself over and over but this team has the Potential to be a big sleeper and make it into the NCAAs. They recently graduated Derek Glasser im pretty sure. Not Positive though. But return a star player in TY Abott and have a rather deep bench with experience. Playing off of the bench last year in his freshmen season was ESPN U TOP 100 Demetrius Walker. Im looking for him to have a stronger roll. Taking a look at there recruiting page I see they have recruited a top 100 player from Mater Dei High School. An ELITE high school program that is always showcased. Along with a Canadian player who is 7'2. Holy shit is all I gotta say. His rating is a 92 on the scouting report and weighs 245 lbs. He could become an instant impact player (Jordan Bachynski)

The Cal Bears are gonna have a rough one at it this year. There simply going to be way to young to be an impactful team in the PAC-10. They lose there Star player in Jerome Randle, Patrick Christopher, Theo Robertson, and Jamal Boykin. Thats 4 STARTERS. They return Jorge Guiterrez though who played off the bench and is a very good assist man along with DJ SEELY. They have a strong recruiting class coming though and its a strong one. Showcasing 2 top 100 players and a player from New Trier High School in Illinois which is a powerhouse school at all sports. I dont think its gonna be Californias year to shine though.

Oregon State somehow got a hold of a top 100 power forward after there disapointing season last year. They graduated a couple roll players but have a very deep bench with experience. Could be intersting to watch these guys play. I think they could be an above 500 team. Other then that though I dont have much to say about this teams future.

Stanford will be a complete flop a or an above average team in the PAC-10. They have a monster recruiting class defintly one of the biggest ones ive noticed. With 2 top 100 signees and 4 others in the high impact range this could be interesting to see if they somehow mirror last years Kentucky team full of freshmen. This Stanford team is gonna be run by young players in there Freshmen seasons. I expect to see a lot of fast paced action but also a lot of mistakes and errors.

UCLA is defintly my pick to win the PAC-10 for the season. I simply love what this team has and what there going to do. They have a POTENTIAL player of the YEAR CANIDATE in my oppinion in Tyler Honeycutt. He is a bombshell player that can shoot the 3 work the post drive the ball and plays extremely hard. He will be a sophmore this year and was a top 100 recruit in his freshmen season. He is a extremely talented player. Add there talented freshmen class with Josh Smith and Tyler Lamb and spice things up with Malcom Lee and Jerime Anderson. Wow this team is gonna be a handful. I expect big big things from this team. Last year was a rough patch. This year will be an impact STATEMENT SEASON.

USC has gone under a lot of trouble in the past year but they turned things around some last year even though they couldnt play in the NCAAs. They have some transfers coming from other school im pretty sure and a talented class of freshmen coming. This is gonna be a well rounded team in my oppinion, but im not quite sure how good this team is going to glue.

And last but not least the Washington Huskies my pick to finish 2nd in the PAC-10
    This team has it all. Size, talent,heart, and experience. Take Issiah Thomas with there top 100 recruit coming Terrence Ross the #5 Small Forward in the country and give him Abdul Gaddy a sickly ball handler this team could give havoc to teams. They lost Quincy Pondexter who will be greatly missed im sure but this team will still have plenty of size with Ammaning returning.

So all in all here is my take on the Pac 10 finishing

1.UCLA
    2.Washington
    3.Arizona State
    4.Arizona
    5.Oregon State
    6.Stanford
    7.USC
    8.Washington State
    9.California
    10.Oregon

trojanman
    trojanman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

nice analysis - being that i am Trojanman i have to speak up for my Trojans....

Best bigs in the conference in Vucevic (jr) and Stepheson (sr) - a transfer from Fordham that was top 100 out of high school and went to the famed St. Anthony's high school coached by hurley - averaged 15 points as a freshman in the Atlantic 10 conference Jio Fontan. Add in LA City player of the year and young and still improving wing Bryce Jones along with Michigan AP player of the year Maurice Jones and SC is a force to reckoned with - 7th place -no - top 5 in the conference for sure and depending on how the freshman play possible top 3. Depth with the bigs will be an issue as will youth.

SC will surprise a lot of people next year.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by trojanman View Post

Best bigs in the conference in Vucevic (jr) and Stepheson (sr) - a transfer from Fordham that was top 100 out of high school and went to the famed St. Anthony's high school coached by hurley - averaged 15 points as a freshman in the Atlantic 10 conference Jio Fontan. Add in LA City player of the year and young and still improving wing Bryce Jones along with Michigan AP player of the year Maurice Jones and SC is a force to reckoned with - 7th place -no - top 5 in the conference for sure and depending on how the freshman play possible top 3. Depth with the bigs will be an issue as will youth.

I appreciate the analysis man I new USC had a quite a few transfers coming in I was just to lazy to look them all up. I member reading a lot about so and so transfering to USC .

HOLLY26
    HOLLY26's Avatar Become A Pro!

pac ten. reallllly? out like fat girls in dodgeball

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

great write-up

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

usc wins easily

jennahazeplays

oregon will give them run for their money

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    great write-up
    thank you sir im working on the West Coast Conference currently. That is gonna be a extremely competitive league this year

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLY26 View Post
    pac ten. reallllly? out like fat girls in dodgeball
    what are you talking about? Is this a p ost? What Fat Girls?

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

10.Oregon

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by trojanman View Post

Im intersted in seeing how Jio Fontan does I member reading up on him a lot of controversy about him leaving Fordham to go play in a completely different conference in strength wise

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Nice write up.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

The OREGON DUCKS may have a load of money

jennahazeplays

cant wait for opening game!

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Thanks for the write-up. College basketball can't get here fast enough.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Thanks for the write-up. College basketball can't get here fast enough.

NP man I love CBB

plzkthx
    plzkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

very nice write up. I actually read the whole thing.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by plzkthx View Post
    very nice write up. I actually read the whole thing.

thanks man I do what I can I take my college basketball seriously

HOLLY26
    HOLLY26's Avatar Become A Pro!

pac 10 should not even be discussed

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLY26 View Post
    pac 10 should not even be discussed

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

bump

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes

UCLA - Im looking forward to a good season from this Bruin team being led by Tyler Honeycutt a future player of the year canidate.

Im calling it out now saying he is in the talks for player of the year

Shelton
    Shelton's Avatar Become A Pro!

ucla gonna take it

Bigpete2010
    Bigpete2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats what im talkin bout!!!

jessetopolski
    jessetopolski's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets all take a deep breath

Bookiller
    Wanna win badly??? fade my picks
    Bookiller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Thanks for the write up interesting analysis
    Can't wait for the first tip off

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

USC is a good pick and one hell of a write up. USC is 7th is about right...

GreenSickness
    GreenSickness's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm... Yea Must have Forgot "Cinderfella" Dana 'dane' Altman

Nice prediction
    cit champions baby!
    We can finally afford a half court line!

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

My Predictions

1.UCLA
    2.Washington
    3.Arizona
    4.California
    5.USC
    6.Oregon State
    7.Stanford
    8.Arizona State
    9.Washington State
    10.Oregon
    Last edited by numismatist; 10-16-11 at 07:49 AM.