regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgetown -8.5 at Old Dominion

I'm chewing on this one. I'm thinking Georgetown might blow out Old Dominion and cover the 8 or 9 pretty easily.

Check out Old Dominion's recent schedule at the Las Vegas Invitational: North Carolina on 11/23 (lost 82-99) and Louisville on 11/24 (lost 53-64). That was a major grind, on the road in Vegas. Now they fly home, and face Georgetown on 11/28.

Old Dominion lost their three top players from last season's NCAA tournament team. They still have some talent (especially with respect to defense and rebounding), and they put up some brave fights in Las Vegas, but I think they are in for a little frustration this year. Especially on offense. Their shooting percentage fell to 33.9% in their last game, against Louisville.

I have a feeling Georgetown is going to have a terrific year. We have not seen them tested by a good team yet. They had a bad game against Ball State a week ago. Ball State induced them into shooting alot from outside and Georgetown was cold. Georgetown eventually won that 57-48, but they let it get close (within 6) pretty late in the game. Perhaps there was some weird emotion on the part of the coaches for that game (the sibling coaches, and the controversy at Ball State; google it if you have not read about that), or perhaps it was just a bad game for Georgetown. At any rate, I see Georgetown ready to come back from that and get a big win tomorrow. Georgetown will have had a full week to prepare for this one. They are going to be in good shape and raring to go after a holiday break, and after hearing too much about their lackluster game with Ball State.

I'm thinking Georgetown has far more talent than Old Dominion, and they will be motivated and in a good spot to showcase it. I see them beating Old Dominion by double digits -- just like NC and Louisville did.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by regularguy; 11-28-07 at 02:02 AM.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

I'm on ODU. Covering a spread this size on the road isn't easy. I simply don't have GT rated highly enough that this is a fair spread. GT might become great, but they aren't there yet.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

If I had to bet on this, HAD TO, I'd take ODU... G'town has struggled with teams early on, ATS wise, while ODU played UNC and Louisville very close until the final 5 or 6 minutes of the game

regularguy

Thanks for your views, guys. After sleeping on this, and reading your thoughts, I'm probably going to pass on this. I guess I have to accept that, at least for now, Georgetown might be a little bit anemic.
    Last edited by regularguy; 11-28-07 at 11:21 AM.

regularguy

OK, for kicks, here's what I'm going to do. I'm putting Georgetown in a 5-point teaser with Illinois.

Georgetown -2.5
    Illinois +7.5

It will be a small play. I just feel strongly that Georgetown will make a very good showing tonight, and I want to have some action on that. Also, I really like this Illinois team, and think Illinois +7.5 should be a strong play in this teaser.

McRich
    McRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    I'm chewing on this one. I'm thinking Georgetown might blow out Old Dominion and cover the 8 or 9 pretty easily.

Check out Old Dominion's recent schedule at the Las Vegas Invitational: North Carolina on 11/23 (lost 82-99) and Louisville on 11/24 (lost 53-64). That was a major grind, on the road in Vegas. Now they fly home, and face Georgetown on 11/28.

Old Dominion lost their three top players from last season's NCAA tournament team. They still have some talent (especially with respect to defense and rebounding), and they put up some brave fights in Las Vegas, but I think they are in for a little frustration this year. Especially on offense. Their shooting percentage fell to 33.9% in their last game, against Louisville.

I have a feeling Georgetown is going to have a terrific year. We have not seen them tested by a good team yet. They had a bad game against Ball State a week ago. Ball State induced them into shooting alot from outside and Georgetown was cold. Georgetown eventually won that 57-48, but they let it get close (within 6) pretty late in the game. Perhaps there was some weird emotion on the part of the coaches for that game (the sibling coaches, and the controversy at Ball State; google it if you have not read about that), or perhaps it was just a bad game for Georgetown. At any rate, I see Georgetown ready to come back from that and get a big win tomorrow. Georgetown will have had a full week to prepare for this one. They are going to be in good shape and raring to go after a holiday break, and after hearing too much about their lackluster game with Ball State.

I'm thinking Georgetown has far more talent than Old Dominion, and they will be motivated and in a good spot to showcase it. I see them beating Old Dominion by double digits -- just like NC and Louisville did.

Any thoughts?

Many of the items you addressed here is exactly what I have been thinking. I am on Georgetown.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

ODU could pull the upset if they catch G Town sleeping. I was thinking about ODU to win outright, but it's kind of hard to get a feel on G Town. G Town may come out show you why they are ranked #5 in the nation and blow ODU out. G Town barely beat Ball St and and ODU played Lousville and UNC tough for a half. Tough call.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

The better team is going to win this game. I like GTOWN to cover. I took them at -7.5.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

it's going to be white out conditions at odu tonite and they are undefeated when all the fans are asked to wear white (maybe only 8 or 9 times). my buddy just called me from down there and he said it is absolutely insane on campus right now. i posted about odu a couple weeks ago when it was homecoming down there and they proceeded to blow toledo out by 30 in an easy cover for me. even so, my boy is a little nervous about this one but we're still going to take the monarchs -8 and i'm going to tickle the ml and try to cash this bee-atch. good luck everyone!

Tres
    Tres's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Old Dominion +280 for 1x

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

had a bad read on this one i guess.

Capwizards
    Capwizards's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sorry that I just joined yesterday guys. I advised my customers to get after G'Town -4 1H. They had revenge on their minds and are the better team.