tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 college picks

Davidson -3.5
    South Florida -4.5

Appalachain State lost 3 starters from a squad that defeated Davidson 81-74. Appalachain St has the following characteristics this year: Poor shooting, poor free throw shooting, not a rebounding team. They are young since losing three starters. For Davidson, this is really a revenge game. I think Davidson will win this game by more than 7 points.

South Florida defeated Florida Intl handly 79-50 last november. Florida Intl is undefeated at 2-0 and has only defeated Kennesaw St (83-74) and Florida Tech (80-66). I have not heard about those two schools. South Florida is slightly better than last year's squad. Even if Florida Intl improved over last year, South Florida will still win by more than 10 points.

Jpound21
    Jpound21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Wake Forrest -2.
    Iowa is on a 2 game slide and hasn't looked impressive at all. Look for wake to go in and take care of business and remain undefeated

Jpound21

well tab looks like both of us had a good night haha

tab

Good pick with

Quote Originally Posted by Jpound21 View Post
    well tab looks like both of us had a good night haha
    Whats up with tommorrow's picks in college ball. Let me know Jpound who do you like tommorrow and good luck

Jpound21

Tab... I usually wait till the day to make picks but seeing how ill be in class allllll day tom. I am going to go with my school. Take BGSU -1 over Furman. Furman is winless and is avg. 60 pts a game while giving up an avg. of 80 and letting their opponents shoot roughly 50%. BG however is holding their opponents to 39% shooting and should win this by 11 in my opinion.

tab

thanks

Tab... I usually wait till the day to make picks but seeing how ill be in class allllll day tom. I am going to go with my school. Take BGSU -1 over Furman. Furman is winless and is avg. 60 pts a game while giving up an avg. of 80 and letting their opponents shoot roughly 50%. BG however is holding their opponents to 39% shooting and should win this by 11 in my opinion.

Hey Tom, thanks for the insight. And good luck.

Tab

Jpound21

Tom? lol It's Josh

tab

BG will win easily

Tom? lol It's Josh
    Josh,
    THis is a very good pick. I was looking at Furman's starting lineup and every starter this year seems inexperienced which includes 2 freshman starters. I also was looking at last years game which BG lost at Furman. Last year's Furman squad was led by 4 seniors and a junior. I like BG on the revenge factor. I would still take BG even if BG had a squad in tact from last season. Furman has been about 500 team for the last 2 seasons. They are young team and the inexperience will hurt them. BG does have some returning starters. I was also considering BG at the half.
    There is another game that I really like. Its Colorado -6 against Denver. Denver Univ is a young team just like Furman and lost a few starters from last season's squad that lost 64-50 to COlorado. Lets cash in tommorrow.

Thanks,
    Tab

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice picks today guys, i went my own way and sweated s florida over 140, but looks like it was a clean sweeep here. keep em coming!!

Jpound21

so we're rolling with BG -1 and Colorado -3.

tab

Were rolling with BG and Colorado

so we're rolling with BG -1 and Colorado -3.
    I am just little concerned with what the spreads are going to be at SBG Global in the morning. Hopefully we can get Colorado at -3 or less. I still think that your school BG is probably the best pick on the board. It will be good that you can root for your own school.

Jpound21

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    I am just little concerned with what the spreads are going to be at SBG Global in the morning. Hopefully we can get Colorado at -3 or less. I still think that your school BG is probably the best pick on the board. It will be good that you can root for your own school.
    Especially with BG's new coach Louis Orr at the helm *a former big east coach of the year*. I am confident the falcons will win this game. Betus has colo. at -3 so i took it at that.

GL

Jpound21

BGSU game is looking amazing right now, I predicted 11...its currently a 20 pt game. keep it up falcons

Jpound21

geeze BG... lot of fouls early and Furman is already in the bonus early in the 2nd half... BG needs to keep scoring. Come on Falcons

Jpound21

9pt win by BG ...yahtzee

tab

Colorado up by 11 with 45 secs

9pt win by BG ...yahtzee
    Looks like I am having a monster day. I bet the first halfs of each game and made a grip. Looks like when we can agree on a pick we will win. I have not looked at tommorrow's spreads but lets agree on something like we did today. Good luck.

Tab

Jpound21

colorado covers as well ....another win for the good guys

tab

Josh,
    I have two picks for tomorrow and like to know what you think.

1. Detroit Univ pickem at E Michigan
    Detroit beat them by 20 last year and E Michigan does not
    look good this season. In a game against Oaklnad, E mich
    committed 15 fouls and 18 turnovers in one half. Detroit is
    a well coached team that always makes a run at the
    conference title.
    2. Portland State pickem at Portland Univ
    Portland State between Portland last year by 15. Portland
    won its last game by a very narrow margin.

Detroit is my big pick for tommorrow. What do you think.

Tab

Jpound21

Offense
    Det. avg 64pts/g.....47.5% fg......64% ft......44% 3pt
    E. Mi. avg 64pts/g.....40.7% fg......73.5%ft.....30.6% 3pt

----------------------------------------------------------
    Defense
    Detroit giving up 60pts/g
    Emich. giving up 66pts/g

E. Mich is a lot better rebounding team but I give a slight edge to Detroit on offense.

Detroit is currently getting 3pts

Tough game to call for me...I might wait till gametime to make a decision on this one.

Jpound21

Let me know what you think of the James Madison over E. Kentucky game
    Last edited by Jpound21; 11-28-07 at 12:23 AM.

Jpound21

Portland State does seem to be the way to go vs Portland.
    Portland State +2 as of right now.

Jpound21

Also REALLY like James Madison +2 over Eastern Kentucky

tab

James Madison

Let me know what you think of the James Madison over E. Kentucky game
    I do like James Madison even though I do not know much about the schools. I am going online and find out more info on the schools and it depends on what the spread is going to be.

I really like Portland St +points. Its +2 but I think if we be patient it will go up to +3 or maybe even +4.

Good luck and thanks for the info on your school.

Tab

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Wanted to say thanks for the picks last night-I played Bowling Green and Colorado on a parlay and also had Chicago Bulls -5 on a seperate bet, so it was a good night. Any thoughts on the Illinois/Maryland game? Illinois is a 3 point dog and they are much better from behind the arc. Also, Maryland is 0-5 ATS. GL tonight guys.

tab

Illinois/Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Bet The House View Post
    Wanted to say thanks for the picks last night-I played Bowling Green and Colorado on a parlay and also had Chicago Bulls -5 on a seperate bet, so it was a good night. Any thoughts on the Illinois/Maryland game? Illinois is a 3 point dog and they are much better from behind the arc. Also, Maryland is 0-5 ATS. GL tonight guys.
    I prefer to stay away from the Marland/Illinois game. I do not betting against a team that is 0-5 against the spread. I do like one game tonight and that is Portland State +1.5. I would take Portland State on the money line. In this game there is no such thing as home court advantage and Portland St is the better the team. Last year Portland St beat Portland by 15. It may be a close game early but Portland State will pull it out like Colorado did yesterday. Anyways good luck and stay in touch. We can always excange info about games and improve on our handicapping skills.
    Tab

Jpound21

Alright fellas, here are the picks i'm rolling with tonight...
    NC State +9
    James Madison +2

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Took Portland St. and Detroit on a small parlay. I am also looking into the NC State game, and have yet to make up my mind as to weather or not to bet the Illinois/Maryland game. The public is bringing the number down...so I'll probably lay off. Also, San Diego +8 is a possibility. GL with James Madison Jpound.

Jpound21

1-1 sigh

tab

Portland st looking good

1-1 sigh
    Josh,
    I was hoping that you would go 2-0. We were right about James Madison. I took them on the money line so that I would not have to lay wood. I bet 5 bills ($500) on this game and than went ape shit on Portland State at the half. I got Portland State +1/2. I won $900 as Portland was up at the half 37-35. I also took Portland State for the game on the money line at +105 for a cool $1000. I will go 2-0 today. I did not bet on Detroit but I was also right with that pick. Anyways, who do you like in tommorrow's games.
    Tab

Jpound21

congrats tab. Yea JM was a good one... NCSTATE just didnt show up. Owell I won a few NBA games tonite as well so not a bad day. Um let me see what I can find. Ill be in class til 6pm tom. so ill try n get some posts up here before i go to bed. congrats again...and to everyone else who won money on the day. Hopefully we can get this thread more awareness and get some more good cappers insight.

tab

Congrats

congrats tab. Yea JM was a good one... NCSTATE just didnt show up. Owell I won a few NBA games tonite as well so not a bad day. Um let me see what I can find. Ill be in class til 6pm tom. so ill try n get some posts up here before i go to bed. congrats again...and to everyone else who won money on the day. Hopefully we can get this thread more awareness and get some more good cappers insight.
    This was my best day ever. Lets do it again tommorrow and make lots of money. I do not know if it is a good thing, I have not seen a single game that I betted on the last 2 days. I am taking totally meaningless games and winning big money. The reason I took Portland State (ml +105) was not to lay any wood. THe spread opened up as a pickem. This morning it was Portland St +1.5. It's quite useless taking the points because the odds are against you in Portland winning this game by one point. I rather lay less wood and bet on the moneyline. THis line movement is really to create some confusion. I did not think that anyone would bet on Portland University in this game. I do not think there are any die hard Portland fans that would bet on their team. So I ask myself why did the line move and the same thing happened in the James Madison game. There was a 3 point movement in the Deroit game. I did not bet on that game. Again I was right on that game too. I am getting good at predicting games with big line movements.

Tab

Tab

Jpound21

Gonzaga +1 over St. Joes

offense:
    Gonz 76.7 ppg 50.5% fg 70% ft 33% 3pt
    St. J 71.5 ppg 50.0% fg 69% ft 39% 3pt

defense:
    Gonz 58.8 ppg 39.1% fg 29.1% 3pt
    St. J 62.3 ppg 41.6% fg 37.7% 3pt

Really like the zags on the road. should be close til the end where zags should win by 7.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Jpound21

Oregon -2.5 over Kansas State

offense:
    Ore 93.2 ppg 52.1%fg 64.6%ft 43.0% 3pt
    Kst 79.8 ppg 43.1%fg 65.1%ft 26.8% 3pt

defense:
    Ore 76.8 ppg 41.1%fg 28.7%3pt
    Kst 70.0 ppg 40.2%fg 37.1%3pt

I believe there will be too much offense for Kstate to stop. Remember..."Ducks fly together" and this holds true with 5 ducks avg. double figures. Oregon must put ALL of their focus on the beast Michael Beasly and make someone else try and beat them.

I look for an 84-79 win by the ducks. Quack Quack Quack
    Thoughts on this game?

tab

Love Oregon

Oregon -2.5 over Kansas State

offense:
    Ore 93.2 ppg 52.1%fg 64.6%ft 43.0% 3pt
    Kst 79.8 ppg 43.1%fg 65.1%ft 26.8% 3pt

defense:
    Ore 76.8 ppg 41.1%fg 28.7%3pt
    Kst 70.0 ppg 40.2%fg 37.1%3pt

I believe there will be too much offense for Kstate to stop. Remember..."Ducks fly together" and this holds true with 5 ducks avg. double figures. Oregon must put ALL of their focus on the beast Michael Beasly and make someone else try and beat them.

I look for an 84-79 win by the ducks. Quack Quack Quack
    Thoughts on this game?
    K State is overrated. K State relies too much on a freshman who has been lighting it up. He is still a freshman and will make mistakes. K State is a type of team that will cover one and than lose the next against the spread. They are too inconsistent to bet on two games in a row for me. I had them on Sunday and now will bet heavy against them tommorrow against Oregon. I like Oregon's offense and K State defense is not great. Oregon will put up about 85-90 points in this game and win by 6. THis is the only game I like tommorrow. In the NBA, I like the Warriors tommorrow against a tired houston squad that played Phoenix on WEd. I also like the Warriors at the end of the 1st quarter, half and the game. Do you have any insight on this game. Good luck and lets cash in tommorrow.

Tab

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jpound21 You've put up some real good games the past couple of days. Sorry NC St punked you. But you found some nice ones on Bowling Green and James Madison. I hit a nice parlay with GTown, Portland St, and J Madison thanks to your advice. 5-1 with my other plays for the night. Keep up the good work. I like Oregon and Gonzaga too.

12 Last