regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Santa Clara +10.5 at Utah

Hi Guys.

I'm putting a small play on Santa Clara +10.5 at Utah.

I won with Nevada covering against Santa Clara, at Nevada, on Saturday night. I saw the game. Santa Clara is a very scrappy, determined team. I think the new coach has them motivated. The big guy (John Bryant) is not fast, but he has surprisingly good hands and a nice shot for a guy who looks like an NFL tackle. He is a force underneath. Also, Santa Clara has a couple of very good ball handlers/shooters out front. This is not a bad team. They will get some wins this year.

Utah also has a new coach, and looks to be pretty good. They are coming off a loss at Washington. They stayed pretty close, but didn't get it done.

Utah may well beat Santa Clara, but the thing that compels me to bet on Santa Clara is the way they stayed with Nevada. Nevada had a good night shooting, and went on two or three good runs. Each time Santa Clara fought back. Nevada won by 13, but the contest was really closer than that. If I remember right, Nevada finished with a 12-point run in the last few minutes, and Nevada hit a garbage 3 pointer right at the buzzer. I was a little bit lucky to get out of that one with the cover.

At any rate, I really like Santa Clara's chances of staying within 10.5 of Utah.

(For the record, I also will have a small pay on Princeton -- thanks for that call, Regul8er.)

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over better in this game myself. Utah has been pretty solid on offense and Santa Clara's defense was not great vs. a less talented offensive team in Nevada [compared to Utah I think]. GL with your play!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    Hi Guys.

I'm putting a small play on Santa Clara +10.5 at Utah.

I won with Nevada covering against Santa Clara, at Nevada, on Saturday night. I saw the game. Santa Clara is a very scrappy, determined team. I think the new coach has them motivated. The big guy (John Bryant) is not fast, but he has surprisingly good hands and a nice shot for a guy who looks like an NFL tackle. He is a force underneath. Also, Santa Clara has a couple of very good ball handlers/shooters out front. This is not a bad team. They will get some wins this year.

Utah also has a new coach, and looks to be pretty good. They are coming off a loss at Washington. They stayed pretty close, but didn't get it done.

Utah may well beat Santa Clara, but the thing that compels me to bet on Santa Clara is the way they stayed with Nevada. Nevada had a good night shooting, and went on two or three good runs. Each time Santa Clara fought back. Nevada won by 13, but the contest was really closer than that. If I remember right, Nevada finished with a 12-point run in the last few minutes, and Nevada hit a garbage 3 pointer right at the buzzer. I was a little bit lucky to get out of that one with the cover.

At any rate, I really like Santa Clara's chances of staying within 10.5 of Utah.

(For the record, I also will have a small pay on Princeton -- thanks for that call, Regul8er.)
    Great job! I put both picks on a three team parlay with the over on Denver football game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey pavy. Good to hear. I had those same three bets as separate straight bets. A good night.

And, Eaglesphan, thanks. That was a close call on the over. I thought you'd get that. Santa Clara had a major second half. I'll tell ya -- they have a decent combination going there. I don't know they can play with the likes of Gonzaga, but let's see what they do. By the way, I have been enjoying the early chatter here in the hoops threads. Good stuff.

Last edited by regularguy; 11-20-07 at 02:32 AM.