regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nevada +2.5 at Central Florida

If you are looking for a NCAA basketball bet for today, here's one I am looking at. Nevada is a 2.5 point dog at Central Florida.

Nevada is without Nick Fazekas this year, and that will be a loss. But they still have Marcelus Kemp. He can score. Also, they have a talented Sophomore named Javale McGee, who will be a force underneath (by the way, look for him to be at the top of the list of shot blockers this year). Nevada also has a couple of inexperienced, but potentially excellent, guards: Brandon Fields and Armon Johnson (a freshman from Reno). The other starter is Demarshay Johnson, an excellent forward who sat out last year with an injury (I believe).

The coach, Mark Fox, is outstanding. His teams are very good on the road.

Central Florida was the second best team in their conference last year, behind Memphis. In the pre-season polls this year, the forcast is that they will fall to a significantly lower level in the conference. They have a very good guard, but some of their starters, like at Nevada, are untested.

UCF will be playing their first game in a new arena. I'm not sure what effect that will have -- it could possibly cut either way in my opinion.

It's real early, and hard to tell at this stage what these teams are really about, but I am thinking this is a good play on Nevada.

Small play on Nevada ML +120.
    Last edited by regularguy; 11-11-07 at 12:20 PM.