bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michael Jordan weighs in on gambling

I'm sure he dad instilled his kids the dangers of gambling after what happened to him back in the early/mid-90's.

Jordan weighs in on gambling

November 7, 2007, 9:40 PM CST

Michael Jordan has cautioned his sons about gambling—to a point.

In an interview that airs Friday morning just after 8:30 a.m. on NBC's "Today Show," the former Bulls great tells Matt Lauer, "I want people to understand, gambling is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is fun and entertaining."

Jordan's son, Jeffrey, a freshman on Illinois' basketball team, joins his father in the piece, which was taped last month in Champaign.

The younger Jordan said he has prevailed over Michael in basketball. When asked if that gave him a thrill, Dad, ever competitive, said, "No. Not at the moment."

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive seen micheal blow a game too ,needed 2 points drove underbneath didnt shoot, looked at the cameras smiled , and dribbled for about 4 second against the bullets --- 1 point bulls would have covered

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by greek View Post
    ive seen micheal blow a game too ,needed 2 points drove underbneath didnt shoot, looked at the cameras smiled , and dribbled for about 4 second against the bullets --- 1 point bulls would have covered
    The guy has a net worth of 400 million dollars. Do you think he bet on his own games? Very unlikely.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolute Bullshit. Put yourself in this guys place. You are worth more money than you can even start to blow. You LOVE the game and the sport. You love to win, and when you can win big and rub their faces in it. You are gonna shave points?? for what?

Sounds to me like you lost a wager or two and are always looking for a reason to blame the loss other than looking in the mirror.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also remember the 72 win season the Bulls had when they were a covering machine. I mean it didn't matter what my locals set the line at, because they always blew out everyone that year.