Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan State, lol

I know it's only exhibition, but they just lost to Grand Valley State 85-82 in double ot. Aren't these guys the favorites to win the big ten? Just keep this in mind when capping in the near future.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I caught this one myself ILL.

I really don't think this loss was as big as some people might think. I'm sure Izzo was trying new techniques and find out which players worked best in tough situations.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I agree with you bigboydan

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is more parity in CBB than people ever realize. When you have a powerhouse team like MSU, playing exhibition to a smaller school, the advantage is always with that small school. I can only guess that Izzo was playing with different lineups, and trying a few other tricks to see what may work. Meanwhile GVSU goes out there and just let's it all hang out for a big emotional victory.

That being said, it is a bit unsettling that MSU could not pull away from a team that has supposedly inferior talent.

As for Big Ten favorite... These polls are always dead wrong. MSU has been the Big Ten team for years now so they get that title based on reputation alone. Maybe they had a better recruiting year than OSU or whatever. Means nothing.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

After talking to a buddy who watched the game he told me Izzo played a tons of freshmen the whole game. Izzo knows what he is doing. I don't think he at all wants to throw any game, but I do think he wants to lose a couple early so the team knows what that is like. No good coach wants an undefeated team. By guess is MSU will be top-10 material like usual when January rolls around.