SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ben Burns: Follow Florida -27½ vs Jackson St

Follow Florida -27½ vs Jackson St.

Game Time: 3/16/2007 9:50:00 PM
    By: Ben Burns

Whoa, Nellie! Florida is a 4-TD favorite tonight against Jackson State. Lay the points on the defending champs in this blowout; take the Gators over the Tigers.

The Tigers draw the unenviable task of facing Florida in the first round. Obviously, the Gators are going to win this game. Will they be able to cover the four touchdown spread though?

The Tigers boast the leading scorer in the SWAC Conference, Trey Johnson. However, they don't have a heck of a lot after that. The Tigers certainly don't have the type of athletes that the Gators bring to the table. They also haven't faced any teams even close to this level since November when they played Alabama, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Memphis. Those games didn't go very well, as the Tigers lost three of them by 30 or more points and the fourth by 21.

The Gators are better than any of those teams and they're peaking at the right time. They won their last three games against SEC teams that are better than Jackson State by double-digits, easily covering the spread in each. The Gators are now 23-2 their last 25 games on a neutral court, going a highly profitable 18-5-2 at the betting window. They're an even better 21-1 straight up and 19-3 against the spread in their last 22 tournament games overall.

Look for the defending champs to make a statement here, winning this game by more than 30 points and demonstrating that they are worthy of the number one seed overall.

Play: Florida -27½
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 11:53 AM. Reason: image does not exist

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Jackson St. in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under 143.5 much better.

dirtyjock
    dirtyjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn thats alot of points to lay. I dont think I have enough balls to lay that many

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, one game where I see florida covering the spread-look what Memphis did to this team-but also what the Sports Guy refers to as a "Milton Berle" game where you let up on the reigns a little to not show your hand, and end up winning by 20-25. Can;t play this game either way.