Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Onlooker: Is Wendell White Playing for UNLV Rebels Today?

Calling onlooker. Come in, do you read? Over.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

He is going to play.

Review Journal
    But White will need to be a major contributor, as he was Friday by producing 19 points and eight rebounds in a 67-63 first-round victory over Georgia Tech.

He was in pain and struggling to breathe after suffering a bruised left rib late in the game. He said he slept well Friday, practiced Saturday and expects to play today at about 75 percent.

"He's sore, but I think he'll be fine," UNLV coach Lon Kruger said. "If he had to line up and play (Saturday) he could, but that extra 24 hours will certainly help in decreasing the soreness."

The key to White's game is his aggressive attacks on the basket. He said he was in pain when he jumped and shot the ball Saturday, but should not be forced to alter his style today. He did say he expects to take a few elbows from Wisconsin players.

"I took a few Vicodin and that was all right," said White, who suffered a broken jaw in early February and insisted he won't take a painkilling shot for the rib injury. "I've had too many shots this year and I'm scared of the needle right now.

"It won't be a factor. It won't stop me from doing what I need to do to help the team."

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Thanks onlooker.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

No problem CB.

White came up big in the game today, and Kruger finally got his shot back.

Hey, doesnt Wendell White look like a thinner version of Jerome Bettis?