SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Vanderbilt, Georgetown Under 131½

Vanderbilt, Georgetown Under 131½

Game Time: 3/23/2007 7:25:00 PM -
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com/

Georgetown may be the best defensive ream remaining in this tournament, and the Hoyas have been going Under with regularity, so look for more of the same tonight.

Georgetown has been playing arguably the best defense in the country for several months now, and we look for that unit to keep this game below this posted total.

The Hoyas have held five of their last six opponents under 60 points, and they are allowing just 56.8 points per game on a miniscule 38.2 percent shooting for the entire season. Georgetown is coming off of a typical 62-55 victory over Boston College in which they held the Eagles to just 21 field goals in 55 attempts. Now Vanderbilt scored 77 and 78 in the first two tournament games respectively thanks to some deadly three-point shooting, but we do not feel that the Commodores will be able to approach those figures vs. this stingy Hoya defense.

Finally the Under is now a fantastic 28-10 in the last 38 Georgetown tournament games of any kind, and we look for that trend to continue in this contest.

Play: Vanderbilt-Georgetown Under 131½

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can actually see this one going over, but I am not touching it. Good luck LT.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not disagreeing with your play LT. However, I feel Vandy ML offers enough value for me to play.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I like Vandy here too....no opinion on the total...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I like Vandy here too....no opinion on the total...
    ML or spread double B?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I'm rolling with Vandy +7.5, I hope to see 8.

Have no opinion on the total, good luck guys.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

just the spread....It's going to be tough for Vandy to win this game outright. But Vandy does mix it up on defense and has enough offensive firepower to be in position to win this game....but GT defense is solid and they are well coached and I see them winning by 3-6 points tonight.

Keep in mind that trend I shared last night about playing on teams that lost during the regular season and then meet up again during the post season (a revenge angle). After Tenn +5 cashed last night, it is now at 13-3 the past 10 years. Vandy falls into that same system tonight. Had Tenn won last night, Memphis would have fallen in tha system...still like Memphis though tomorrow. I like Vandy +7.5 here....but I agree there is certainly value in the ML.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Vandy +8

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, there were a few +8's out there. I like vandy and the over personally. If vandy if off from downtown, they'll lose by 20, but if they're on they could very well compete the entire game.