babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida-Butler in game thread

Well, at the 13:00 minute mark, florida looks lackadaisical. Actually, they look like they're warming up pregame.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lets Go Butler.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say this will be like the Purdue game where FL pulls away in the second half.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by zootiehead View Post
    I'd say this will be like the Purdue game where FL pulls away in the second half.
    I'm not so sure. Butler is a lot better than Purdue. I think Butler has a great shot of hanging on.

babaoriley

If Butler covers, I'll be amazed. As lethargic as florida looks, the size difference is just too big. Then again, if Butler keeps getting open looks from downtown, you never know. By the way, notice how Butler's guys are dripping sweat, while Florida's players aren't. says a lot about the hard-nosed way Butler plays. if I didn't have money on florida, I'd be rooting for Butler.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I'm not so sure. Butler is a lot better than Purdue. I think Butler has a great shot of hanging on.
    Sometimes I think one's not betting Butler so much as Todd Lickliter . . . He should have them as prepped and rarin' to go as a HC can.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

I don't like how bad Florida has played, and they are only down 5. This could get ugly in the second half for Butler.

babaoriley

Right before this last timeout, Butler misses a 3, then just outhustles Florida for the rebound in the corner. The Gators better get their shit togather, quickly.

zootiehead

Fl -4.5

babaoriley

And they woke up. Butler is in deep, deep trouble right now. Just as you can't teach height, you can't make halftime adjustments that make up for such a size difference.

babaoriley

Wow, Fla -4.5 at half sounds too good to be true. I'm staying away, but that sounds like easy, easy, easy, easy money. I mean, EASY.

babaoriley

Glad I stayed away from the halftime bet. I really need Florida to cover -5.5. In a bad, bad way.

zootiehead

doggies lookin good tonight.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by zootiehead View Post
    doggies lookin good tonight.
    Hopefully USC can get it done.

FightForCalifornia
    FightForCalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!

That was a good game... Butler couldn't make their layups against Florida's bigs

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Great effort by Butler. They covert that wide open layup or the second chance opportunity with 2:45 left and it probably goes down to the final possession. What a joy to watch.

They finished 6-0 ATS as a dog

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not one to blame the refs for the games or anything, but where there not a TON of horrible calls that the refs either made or did not make that didn't go in Butlers favor. I think the refs really blew this one big and gave the game away for Butler. Butler got screwed on a ton of calls the refs tried to make up for it with 2 no calls in the final 1:30 for Butler, but by then they where down by to much to make it matter. I just think the refs in this game need to rewatch the gametape and see how bad their officiating was.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    Great effort by Butler. They covert that wide open layup or the second chance opportunity with 2:45 left and it probably goes down to the final possession. What a joy to watch.

They finished 6-0 ATS as a dog

Yeah great year. They overachieved big time all year long and beat teams with considerably more talent and size than them. Very solid team and well coached.....Butler is definitely a program on the rise and quite possibly the best in the state of Indiana.