Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

My favorite college basketball theory

I am in the minority on this (and that's a whole other topic), but I like to wait - for the most part - to take my basketball games until after the public moves the line, because I feel the public is clueless, and on the wrong side more than in any other sport.
    Anyways, the reason for this post is to alert those who weren't aware of the incredible reverse favorite theory. The reverse favorite theory is in effect when the team who opens as the favorite is driven to be the underdog. While I try to take advantage of it in all sports, it is most successful in college basketball, now having covered 12 of the last 13. This is a better than average run, but just following this theory produces a profit year after year.
    Points Awarded:

MikeyPicks1 gave Razz 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I agree with you on this one Razz and I think as the season moves along the theory is even better.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to get down early and I do worry when the public jumps on my side of a game. I can't make heads or tails of College hoops. The rankings don't mean a thing...20 point dogs win straight up...it's crazy.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Updating, this is now up to 15-1 ATS last 16.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know a lot of times this is true (Ole Miss last night, Oregon St. tonight)...GL with this razz...

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

I've always done this in all sports but right now I have something else hitting incredibly - I am betting almost 100 % live and it seems many home favourites get behind early and the live line either makes them a dog or a much smaller favourite than they started. Out as - they almost always come back to win

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I agree with taking the team who opens as favs and closes as dogs. Also referred to as crossing 0.

In general I take favs early and wait on placing dogs til closer to tip. Especially for TV games.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    I've always done this in all sports but right now I have something else hitting incredibly - I am betting almost 100 % live and it seems many home favourites get behind early and the live line either makes them a dog or a much smaller favourite than they started. Out as - they almost always come back to win
    I've been doing this with halftime lines when a home favorite gets behind. I don't know how long this will continue.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I agree with taking the team who opens as favs and closes as dogs. Also referred to as crossing 0.

In general I take favs early and wait on placing dogs til closer to tip. Especially for TV games.
    Yes, especially for TV games but I think even more so for the 1st game of the day (especially Sunday before the NFL starts) and also the last game of the day, also especially on NFL Sundays.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Looks like we have one in college baskets tonight: Arky State started out as 1 point favorites and are now 1 point dogs.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Looks like we have one in college baskets tonight: Arky State started out as 1 point favorites and are now 1 point dogs.
    Ark St wins by 4 in 2OT.