EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Championship Game O/U: The Coach K Effect

The 411
    The entire universe believes this total will go UNDER tonight at between 128-129 depending on your shop. I say nay. Why? Why with all the numbers slamming the UNDER? Coach K. Duke is coming off a game against West Virginia in which they shopt just 9 free throws. That was 50% or so less than any other game they played in the tournament. Everyone is hounding the outside games. Duke made 13 threes against a West Virginia defense that looked lost. Does that mean Butler will be? Of course not, but have they seen any team that can rebound and kick it out the way Duke does + have shooters ready to rock the three? No. They may tighten this up as the game goes on, but Duke should have opportunities for put-backs and those spot up threes off the offensive glass once again. They won't hit as much as they did against the Mountaineers, but I also think Butler will shoot a little better than they did against Michigan State - although that might be debatable against this Dukle defense. But I really think this comes down to foul shooting. Both teams shoot it well [73% plus] and Butler has been getting to the line around 20 times per game in the tournament and there's just a feeling in my gut that says Coach K is going to badger the refs until he gets the calls if needed or has devised a game plan that will see some more dribble drives to potentially work to the line. I have a magic number tonight that will equal cash on the OVER at 127.5.

30 made free throws.

See you on the other side.

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Good analysis. Best of luck tonight.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

the way duke looked last game id be scared to bet the under however im always scared to bet a butler over, whats a guy to do? id say pass.......gl EP

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I am putting myself in the position that if my most hated college basketball team wins the national championship tonight, I am going to be paid for my suffering. If they lose, I will pay for the happiness of seeing coach K, a fake nice guy (i know who the real coach K is), lose to a team he should beat by 10 points.

In other words I have Duke ML and will be happy if they win or lose. I really am in a no lose situation here.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I am putting myself in the position that if my most hated college basketball team wins the national championship tonight, I am going to be paid for my suffering. If they lose, I will pay for the happiness of seeing coach K, a fake nice guy (i know who the real coach K is), lose to a team he should beat by 10 points.

In other words I have Duke ML and will be happy if they win or lose. I really am in a no lose situation here.

i got the same strategy going on, financial gain if the team i hate the most wins

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

if it's over duke wins ats, if duke wins ats its over, i'm banking on that

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i got the same strategy going on, financial gain if the team i hate the most wins
    and you have another reason to hate em even more if they lose tonight.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will add in addition to the 30 made FTs, need to get 42-45 FGs made. That's 84-90 points and you can guess that of the 42-45 FGs made, at least 8-9 at the least will be threes. So that's 92-98 points on FGs + the 30 FTs. That's my formula tonight. See you on the flip flop.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Always respected your opinions Eagles, BOL. Have Duke -7 & Duke ov 67.5. Play ball!