suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Doug Gottlieb get off of ESPN

I remember reading on the forums not to long ago about people saying how he was a thief and I was watching ESPN. You no listening to them guys all decide on whos gonna move on in the SWEET 16 and Gottlieb gets asked. So Doug what does this injury do the West Virginia Basketball team.

Doug says something like.

This is a huge injury! this is a completely different team with out Bryant now. Then espn goes to comparing Mazzula to Bryant and he brings up the point of which Bryant is the 2nd best assist man on the team. Which Mazzula is the 3rd best assist man on the team, but technically Mazzula would have more assists had he played the amount of minutes Bryant has.

Bryant avererages 9 points a game big deal Casey Mitchell is gonna be able to put that up. Everyone completely just threw him out the window, but Mitchell is gonna step up and handle the scoring load that Bryant puts up and Mazzulla is gonna be the assist man as usual.

Anyways I went to Wiki and wanted to read up on this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Gottlieb

capri5421
    capri5421's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never knew about the ************.

hokieneer
    hokieneer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bryant has done little to help the team sense postseason started. He was lost in the Big East tournament, and has been losing a lot of minutes to Joe for a few weeks now.

Bryant played very well the early to mid part of the season. He'll never be as good of a passer or defender as Joe, but he's a lot better offensive player. He's just been in one long awful shooting slump for about 3 weeks (maybe his foot has been a problem that long)? Bryant being out wont' hurt WVU's chances against UW, and really him not playing is just a half step or so worse than how he's actually been playing the past 3 weeks.

I think WVU needed the offense he had mid-season in order to make a run through the final four to the title game. Maybe Mitchell and Pep can handle that outside shotting load, but neither of them can handle the ball like Bryant.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Does one transgression really mean we have to label someone a thief for his entire life? I don't always agree with Gottlieb, or necessarily like him, but everyone makes mistakes.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Without looking at what he did as a player with the CC scandal, I am not a fan of him. He is way overopinionated a lot of the time and I can't stand that. I know he needs to have opinions on a radio show, but the way he goes about it sometimes annoys me.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Who cares what he did his FRESHMAN year of college, lots of kids do stupid shit then

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suckerforparlays View Post
    I remember reading on the forums not to long ago about people saying how he was a thief and I was watching ESPN. You no listening to them guys all decide on whos gonna move on in the SWEET 16 and Gottlieb gets asked. So Doug what does this injury do the West Virginia Basketball team. Doug says something like. This is a huge injury! this is a completely different team with out Bryant now. Then espn goes to comparing Mazzula to Bryant and he brings up the point of which Bryant is the 2nd best assist man on the team. Which Mazzula is the 3rd best assist man on the team, but technically Mazzula would have more assists had he played the amount of minutes Bryant has. Bryant avererages 9 points a game big deal Casey Mitchell is gonna be able to put that up. Everyone completely just threw him out the window, but Mitchell is gonna step up and handle the scoring load that Bryant puts up and Mazzulla is gonna be the assist man as usual. Anyways I went to Wiki and wanted to read up on this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Gottlieb
    First off let me say I don't care for the guy, not because of his past actions, just because I rarely agree with his analysis and picks.

Second, the credit card incident was in fact true, but if you are going to post about someone or their background, I would suggest using a reputable source in the future; Wiki in any form, Wikipedia, WikiAnswers, etc. are not creditable sources.

Third, everyone makes mistakes and yes it was a poor decision on his part but lets keep in mind he was probably only 17 or 18 at the time and it was probably his first time away from home on his own. I will give him the benefit that he learned his lesson from his poor choice in his freshman season at ND because I have not heard anything negative since about the guy.

Bottom line, I don't agree with the guy on the majority of BS that comes out of his mouth and think he is terrible at discussing college hoops, but hey he has a dream job that many of us would want in a heartbeat and was able to move on from his early, poor actions.

Pecos Bill
    f\*\*k you Angie!
    Pecos Bill's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares..i hate his voice

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suckerforparlays View Post
    I wasn't saying it to be a dick bud, and I didn't tell you that you had to, only merely suggested it. There is not an accredited college in the country that views Wiki as a creditable source because anyone can add information to it and there is no way of verifying that all the information is in fact correct. Also, thanks for the other link, good read.

dknight734
    dknight734's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

don't like most of the analysts on espn

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Anyone is better than Hurd/Herd. God, I can't stand that guy.

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

gottlieb always looks like hes terribly hungover when i see him on HD

i guarantee you he pops pills

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    gottlieb always looks like hes terribly hungover when i see him on HD

i guarantee you he pops pills
    lol....was thinking the same thing watching him tonight. Looked druged UP for sure