princesspolamalu
    princesspolamalu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow....UConn Women -1100 Field +567

5Dimes has the UConn women at -1100 and the ENTIRE field +567. I know they are a great team and havent even played a close game this year. Is there any value in taking the field. I know they beat Stanford earlier this year to hand them their only loss. I would have to think that Stanford at least has a shot. Any thoughts???

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

The field has zero chance......
    UCONN is just insanely good and the depth of women's basketball is poor.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

lol princesspolamalu love that. first time i heard him speak, i started cracking up. he has the voice of a 10 year old little girl

princesspolamalu

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    lol princesspolamalu love that. first time i heard him speak, i started cracking up. he has the voice of a 10 year old little girl

LOL....It wasnt that I was even trying to insult the guy. Im from Pittsburgh, a female and he is my favorite player. Thus the screen name. However you are correct in the sense that he does speak like a little girl.....but he certainly hits like a grown man.

However back to the topic.....I have to agree the UConn is far superior but stuff happens...you never know.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares, its just girls...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

it would probably be like taking the field against the dream team in '92. Not worth it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait till the draw comes out at least before you place any bet.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Can I load up on UCONN?

princesspolamalu

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    it would probably be like taking the field against the dream team in '92. Not worth it.
    Ha this is the funniest thing I heard today but prob all too true. Remember Angola??

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree that the line is amazing. Who would ever think you would see aline like that ?

The Huskies havent won by less than double digits since their final four loss two tears ago. WOW. I dont care how weak the Woman's game might be, that is just amazing. UCONN just keeps reloading and getting better. They were good with Rebecca Lobo, then Taurasi, but wow now they are even better.

Stanford had them down by 2 points at halftime, so maybe Stanford can give them a game. Or maybe UCONN just didnt play well and then at Halftime they turned it on. You have to figure UCONN is getting to the final 8 pretty much without a doubt, so its more like you are getting the +567 on a field of 7 teams, not 63 teams.

I mean yeah they could lose before, but you know they wont. Still I could never lay the -1100 because you know everyone is shooting for them and maybe they get a "we cant lose" attitude. They will lose somewhere just like UCLA did when it won 90 or whatever in a row, just a question of when.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way, those who dismiss women's basketball when betting miss out. There are some lazy lines set by bookies because I generally don't think they have a clue what to do. They had a lot of "wack" lines posted during conference tournaments where they gave some decent underdogs a ton of points.

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    By the way, those who dismiss women's basketball when betting miss out. There are some lazy lines set by bookies because I generally don't think they have a clue what to do. They had a lot of "wack" lines posted during conference tournaments where they gave some decent underdogs a ton of points.

I agree with you! I think there's lots of betting value here if you keep your eyes open. I had UCONN in last year's final I think at -20 or something like that and of course they covered.

alwcb
    alwcb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

UCONN will win it but do you really want to put that much money on womens basketball ughh

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    So true and I was thinking of posting the same thing while reading this thread. I totally cleaned up this week, especially on totals where they seem to just set lines by averages and ignore everything else. Women's basketball is like challenger tennis in many respects. Invest the time to learn the game and it is the easiest of bets out there.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If this happened in Mens sports (which it never will) people would not stop talking about it. This is why I dont watch women's basketball.