GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Late Night Discussion Thread: Championship Saturday

A few lines up, a few more hours for the rest. Here is the card for tomorrow boys...Thats right. Every game is on TV. What do you guys think of the lines out now? What you guys think some of these lines will be?

Conference USA Championship
    11:30 AM (CBS)
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    UTEP vs. Houston

America East Championship
    12:00 (ESPN2)
    Burlington, Vermont
    Boston @ Vermont

SEC Semi Finals
    1:00 (ABC)
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Kentucky vs. Tennessee

Atlantic 10 Semi Finals
    1:00 (CBSCS)
    Atlantic City, New Jersey
    Temple vs. Rhode Island

ACC Semi Finals
    1:30 (ESPN)
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Duke vs. Miami

Big Ten Semi Finals
    1:40 (CBS)
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ohio State vs. Illinois

MEAC Championship
    2:00 (ESPN2)
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Morgan State vs. South Carolina State

SEC Semi Finals
    3:00(ABC)
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Vanderbilt vs. Mississippi State

ACC Semi Finals
    3:30 (ESPN)
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    NC State vs. Georgia Tech

Atlantic 10 Semi Finals
    3:30 (CBSCS)
    Atlantic City, New Jersey
    Xavier vs. Richmond

Big Ten Semi Finals
    4:00(CBS)
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Minnesota vs. Purdue

Southland Championship
    4:00 (ESPN2)
    Katy, Texas
    Stephen F Austin vs. Sam Houston State

Big 12 Championship
    6:00 (ESPN)
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Kansas State vs. Kansas

MAC Championship
    6:00 (ESPN2)
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Ohio vs. Akron

Pac 10 Championship
    6:00 (CBS)
    Los Angeles, California
    California vs. Washington

Mountain West Championship
    6:00 (VS)
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    San Diego State @ UNLV

Big West Championship
    8:00(ESPN2)
    Anaheim, California
    UC Santa Barbara vs. Long Beach State

SWAC Championship
    8:30 (ESPNU)
    Louisiana
    AR-Pine Bluff vs. Texas Southern

Big East Championship
    9:00 (ESPN)
    New York, New York
    West Virginia vs. Georgetown

WAC Championship
    10:00(ESPN2)
    Reno, Nevada
    New Mexico State/Nevada vs. Utah State

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

UTEP-7....thats the ticket this team has been my atm machine and i dont see it stopping

2daBank

leaning RI +3.5 but thinking it will go up and not for sure yet

2daBank

hoping they set some crazy low number for Ku baiting everyone in, if that happens ill be on K-st

2daBank

Gtown dont care about the number

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

UTEP and MINNESOTA

LATINOSERIO
    LATINOSERIO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1152

Georgetown seem like there on a mission. I think wv lucky streak ende tom.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    UTEP-7....thats the ticket this team has been my atm machine and i dont see it stopping
    I agree with this. It looks a little high indicating that they want some Houston money. If UTEP can pound Tulsa I don't see them having trouble with Houston.

leaning RI +3.5 but thinking it will go up and not for sure yet
    This one has me going back and forth. I love the value Temple -3.5 provides but it just looks like a trap. You know they had to know they would get flooded with Temple $$$ and URI needs this game while Temple doesn't at all. Dangerous game to play on Temple.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

on the same side except i like temple ALOT why are you leaning RI

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

How about Mississipi State over Vandy? They should be dogs in that one and I really don't see much in Vandy outside of their home court advantage.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Over in temple game i like

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    I agree with this. It looks a little high indicating that they want some Houston money. If UTEP can pound Tulsa I don't see them having trouble with Houston.

This one has me going back and forth. I love the value Temple -3.5 provides but it just looks like a trap. You know they had to know they would get flooded with Temple $$$ and URI needs this game while Temple doesn't at all. Dangerous game to play on Temple.

biggest thing about this 1 is RI saw a similar type team in slu today (granted not the same level) but same kind of defensive team that tries and dictate pace and they really showed improvment from the 1st time when stl beat them as in that game they got rattled because they feel more comfortable in a shootout....but if there coach can beat into there head that if they work on d these teams are not gonna score a lot and that what happened today sure teams like temple, slu, dayton are gonna cause you some droughts on offense but if they dont let that frustrate them and they realize that even though there d isnt as good these teams offenses arnt that good so if they battle on d they can score enough points to win

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    How about Mississipi State over Vandy? They should be dogs in that one and I really don't see much in Vandy outside of their home court advantage.
    I don't like that Vandy team. If they show up motivated, they might pound Mississippi State. The Commodores seem to go as Ogilvy goes, and he's in and out from game to game. Too erratic to get a gauge on.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

biggest thing about this 1 is RI saw a similar type team in slu today (granted not the same level) but same kind of defensive team that tries and dictate pace and they really showed improvment from the 1st time when stl beat them as in that game they got rattled because they feel more comfortable in a shootout....but if there coach can beat into there head that if they work on d these teams are not gonna score a lot and that what happened today sure teams like temple, slu, dayton are gonna cause you some droughts on offense but if they dont let that frustrate them and they realize that even though there d isnt as good these teams offenses arnt that good so if they battle on d they can score enough points to win
    Well the thing that worries me is that was the defensive performance of the year yesterday. It's hard to expect them to have that type of performance again. Especially, against an efficient team like Temple. Temple has owned URI this year. Temple is by far the better team and will frustrate URI with the slow pace. The true question is here does Temple want it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't like that Vandy team. If they show up motivated, they might pound Mississippi State. The Commodores seem to go as Ogilvy goes, and he's in and out from game to game. Too erratic to get a gauge on.
    This is true for Vandy. They are wild. However, I love Miss St's team. I am hoping they are +3.

2daBank

mississippi is the state that gave me a shitload of prison time for weed so i try and never bet any team from there as that state will continue to fuk me for life...i remember ole miss col fb game against mem i had under and with ole mis up big and the ball with no time left 1st they run a play fake that doesnt work then last play instead of kneeling and getting game over they run a 30 yard td that screws the under...fuk that state and there marijuana laws are a fukkin joke, actually there whole legal system is a joke told my lawyer sure i had a supreme court case but they would have me with no bond and it would take me longer to make it out of the state than it would to take there shit deal....totally irrelevant i know but when i even hear MIssissippi i want go crazy
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-13-10 at 01:30 AM.

2daBank

[quote=GiveMeaBJ;3568449]Well the thing that worries me is that was the defensive performance of the year yesterday. It's hard to expect them to have that type of performance again. Especially, against an efficient team like Temple. Temple has owned URI this year. Temple is by far the better team and will frustrate URI with the slow pace. The true question is here does Temple want it enough?

that what im saying though slu slow pace drove them nuts the 1st time as well, gotta learn from your mistakes...im not asking them to turn into this defensive juggernaut im just asking them to not get flustered when and if temple puts them in a drought as temple isnt gonna light up the scoreboard and i also like a rythem jumpshooting team facing a zone after they just played a game i think there shots fall

C-Low420
    C-Low420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utep has been $$$ dont know how i cant take them tmw.
    Leaning Temple and Kentucky also

2daBank

argument number 3 BJ...everyone gonna love temple.....sorry they just dont strike me as being any better than all the other quality a-10 clubs...of coarse thought the same bout dayton/xavier but lets be fair that was a fuk job

2daBank

guess the late night discussion is over? i just ate a addy im ready to discuss some shit

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

oh man i feel like a f\*g now I didnt realize there was a thread already started lol

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Temple is the better team by far...they gonna handle business tomm

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

guess the late night discussion is over? i just ate a addy im ready to discuss some shit
    addy can do that to ya, im currently doin some research myself, these conference tournys have been unpredictable so far to say the least

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    Temple is the better team by far...they gonna handle business tomm

bro if there is one thing ive noticed about you (been a minute since i saw you but nothing changed) you love these "free money" games.....let me tell you a little secret no team in the a-10 is that much better than the other and for the most part besides a few teams most teams are rather equal talent wise they all just have different strengths and weaknesses

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by talnted View Post
    addy can do that to ya, im currently doin some research myself, these conference tournys have been unpredictable so far to say the least

yea back in the day when meth was the real deal that was my thing but now days much rather eat a addy now and then to work

Rbyrne

yea bro cuz i been in atlantic city....just got back and up 20 stacks...Temple is the best pick on the board

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Discussion not over. I am bored, just went to have a cig and get a drink. Not going to sleep until I can get these bets in for tomorrow either at TheGreek or 5Dimes. I really don't know what to make of this Temple game. I think it is Temple or nothing for me. I just love the spot for them tomorrow. But, I see the argument with playing URI.

Another game that has my interest is San Diego State @ UNLV. I like UNLV a lot, think we see another low number here. Think San Diego State may have accomplished all they wanted in this tournament. Now it is going to be nearly impossible to leave them out of the NCAA field. Think this game means a bit more to UNLV at home trying to win this tournament.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    yea bro cuz i been in atlantic city....just got back and up 20 stacks...Temple is the best pick on the board

thats sweet, what you play? doesnt change the point i was trying to make though

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

bro if there is one thing ive noticed about you (been a minute since i saw you but nothing changed) you love these "free money" games.....let me tell you a little secret no team in the a-10 is that much better than the other and for the most part besides a few teams most teams are rather equal talent wise they all just have different strengths and weaknesses
    Yes, but this year I think Temple qualifies as one of the teams that is a bit above in the talent department. But your right for the most part all of these A-10 teams are identical in overall talent.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Also, I see a lot of hype about Miami. Am I the only one who thinks Duke is going to abuse them if Collins doesn't play?

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Just a couple notes here on that Duke/Miami game.

Collins is listed as doubtful for tomorrow and everything I have seen has him not playing.

Now in their only meeting this year Duke won on the road @ Miami 81-74. But, the score is misleading. Duke slept through the first half and was down 37-25 at half time. Duke got focused and won the second half 56-37. Collins contributed 9 boards and 21 points for Miami. Looking at any other match up between the two teams really will get you nowhere. Las year the only reason Miami pushed Duke into overtime was because Jack McClinton lit them up for 34 points.

So how did Miami get those upsets to get here. Well against Wake it really came down to a hot shooting night behind the arc. They sunk 8/17 from 3. Against Va Tech they plastered them on the boards 42-29. The problem is Duke guards the perimter very well. Teams are shooting just 27% against them from deep on the season. Duke rarely gets out-boarded and when they do it is usually by 1 or 2. Barring a terrible day for Duke I just don't see how Duke doesn't run them out of the gym.

Rbyrne

blackjack....i think duke rolls but probly staying away from that game

stitchez
    Dont burn your colts stuff
    stitchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

2dabank... Lets get this tomorrow.. Have it big on Utep.. they are who keep me alive..
    Damn Dayton

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stitchez View Post
    2dabank... Lets get this tomorrow.. Have it big on Utep.. they are who keep me alive..
    Damn Dayton

i mean yea dayton shouldnt have blown the lead but that bitch made ref cost us the cover....that was the most pathetic end of game shit i ever saw i cant fukkin believe after they looked at the replay they still called that tech!!!!!! what a fukkin joke that ended those kids season when clearly both sides where in the wrong and it wasnt that big a deal anyway if anything should have been a double tech dayton kept ball for last shot(hopefully a miss so we wouldnt have had to deal with ot)

2daBank

them and ND the only 2 games i missed and i could make a case for being robbed in both but oh well must have been doing something right if i played 10 games and it took those two fuk jobs to get my only losses

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Looking at the UTEP game now. Houston was actually the last team to beat UTEP back in early January. Since then they have won 16 in a row and are 10-6 ATS. However, that loss had a lot to do with Houston shooting 11/20 from 3. However, in their last meeting (7 point UTEP win) it had a lot to do with Houston having a bad shooting night at 35%. I think this is going to be closer then most think. I think I am laying off but will be rooting for you guys.

12 Last