runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Boston College -4.5 @thegreek

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

I am a little concerned about this line. Virginia is 0-8-1 in their last 9 ATS. All 9 against ACC foes. BC has been playing well despite that loss to NC State over the weekend. The line is 5 and 5.5 in some places now. This will be an avoid for me. Virginia seems like they will fall into a cover at this point.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maseda17 View Post
    I am a little concerned about this line. Virginia is 0-8-1 in their last 9 ATS. All 9 against ACC foes. BC has been playing well despite that loss to NC State over the weekend. The line is 5 and 5.5 in some places now. This will be an avoid for me. Virginia seems like they will fall into a cover at this point.
    That's beginning to be my concern too.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

all the acc lines are a concern for me today. i mean gtech only giving 3.5 to unc? wake and there small number to mia? think ill just wait for round 2 of this tourney as im not sure what to expect but it seems the general perception is the books are giving away free money today and im not sure i buy that

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

all over this play as well.good luck

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think ill just wait for round 2 of this tourney as im not sure what to expect but it seems the general perception is the books are giving away free money today and im not sure i buy that
    That's quite a great idea.

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

A confusing line is what the oddsmakers want so there is 50-50.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by runnershane14 View Post
    A confusing line is what the oddsmakers want so there is 50-50.

there not going to be 50/50 on any of those games...especially wake and gtech

kingofgamble
    kingofgamble's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Beware first round of ACC. Lines are funny!

rolltide10
    rolltide10's Avatar Become A Pro!

These lines are a driving me up a wall... going into today I thought there might be some plays. I can't tell if bookmakers are trying to run a trap or if they took a hit of acid before they worked on them. I am tempted to monitor movement closely, all should be pounded by the public. If there is a dog that dosen't move much, then that may be were the big money is going, and possibly your play. But then again I am known for my over analysis. How the **** knows?

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide10 View Post
    These lines are a driving me up a wall... going into today I thought there might be some plays. I can't tell if bookmakers are trying to run a trap or if they took a hit of acid before they worked on them. I am tempted to monitor movement closely, all should be pounded by the public. If there is a dog that dosen't move much, then that may be were the big money is going, and possibly your play. But then again I am known for my over analysis. How the **** knows?
    This is no over-analysis. Some of today's lines don't make much sense but I don't think the books have suddenly become so generous that they want to hand out money to the public.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    This is no over-analysis. Some of today's lines don't make much sense but I don't think the books have suddenly become so generous that they want to hand out money to the public.

i hope not because days they do that everyone around here wins and i get killed..lately ive tried to get some of that "free easy money" but it just doesnt work for me

rolltide10
    rolltide10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I know there not giving it out, but something is up. Tech -3.5 on UNC?!?! Wake -4?!?!

When I looked at the games last night I had Tech at -7 and Wake at -6... and when lines move in my favor its never a good thing. But I dont want to touch Big 12 today... everything was screwy except Iowa St. and Ok St. and Big east is a little tougher to pick than yesterday. I guess I am venting because I was hoping that these plays would be big ones today.

mojomaker11
    mojomaker11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think i might pull the trigger on this one.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

It's important to keep in mind for these tourny games that some teams are playing for their lives, and some teams are playing not to get hurt...surely, the mentality of some of these teams is sketchy...I look at a game tomorrow for the prime example. Wisconsin vs. Illinois. I have no idea what the line is...but Wisco just pounded the Illini, IN Illinois over the weekend...but the line will likely come out a little lower than you'd expect, because it's a big bubble game for Illinois, and only means a potential higher seed for the Badgers. Sometimes, that factor matters, sometimes, it doesn't. A team like Wisconsin will just come to play no matter who they are playing, so the deflated line for the Badgers will work in the public's favor, but sometimes, Vegas has it right...now, finding which spot is which, that is the difficulty, and that is where the money is to be made or lost.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

Bc -5

I did a ML parley of Cuse, Nova and BC. If that hits letting it all ride on GT. I think people who still love UNC because of their name are keeping this line lower than what it should be. GT can still make the big dance with a strong showing in the ACC tourney. So much to play for vs a team that has nothing to play for. Hopefully I am right but the ACC this year has been brutal, at least for me.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

this VA team is lousy. lost their last 9 games. line is a

BC should roll by about double digits...but you never know

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I like Boston College to cover this spread. Virginia has not won a game since Feb. 3, which puts them at 1-9 over their last 10 games, and they seem to have mailed it in. In those 9 losses, they have lost by an average of just over 13 points, including a 13 point loss to Boston College on March 3rd. I know that 81% is on BC, and the line is a little fishy and low, but I really think Boston College is the play here.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBball View Post
    I did a ML parley of Cuse, Nova and BC. If that hits letting it all ride on GT. I think people who still love UNC because of their name are keeping this line lower than what it should be. GT can still make the big dance with a strong showing in the ACC tourney. So much to play for vs a team that has nothing to play for. Hopefully I am right but the ACC this year has been brutal, at least for me.

ive had my moments in the acc mostly with clemson as ive had them pegged all year and did make a killing fading unc early and playing mia at home but lately its turned into a real fukkin crapshoot..i dont think you got anyone left who believes in unc as the unc ppl learned long ago to leave them alone....with the way the lines set it seems to me the only ppl betting unc today are the books....are they wrong sometimes? sure but im not trying to test them on this game....gl today

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LTCOL27 View Post
    I like Boston College to cover this spread. Virginia has not won a game since Feb. 3, which puts them at 1-9 over their last 10 games, and they seem to have mailed it in. In those 9 losses, they have lost by an average of just over 13 points, including a 13 point loss to Boston College on March 3rd. I know that 81% is on BC, and the line is a little fishy and low, but I really think Boston College is the play here.

that is how i felt about tech yesterday playing colorado, amazing how some of these teams turn it on out of no where

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

I think there the lines are well-set by Vegas for these early games. One of my stronger leans today is Texas A&M giving the points...but these early games are tough...I think BC wins here, so I'll just go big on the ML and take the early cash for the rest of the day.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Plus, no Sylven Landesberg for UVA means BC has much greater chance!!!! He was UVAs leading scorer with 17 ppg...BC beat UVA WITH him in the line up by 13 only a week or so ago. BC should roll here. 9 or 10 point victory.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

UVA

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    UVA

keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

north carolina will come out blazing saddles! they will win

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i NEED BC to win this game today. I have BC and Syracuse in an early morning ml parlay just to start the day off with a bang. It paid 95 to win 91. Just 2 winners.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    i NEED BC to win this game today. I have BC and Syracuse in an early morning ml parlay just to start the day off with a bang. It paid 95 to win 91. Just 2 winners.
    I'm with you Bama...let's get this early morning ML play!! BOL to us!!

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Infamous......i wish I could tell you how bad I need this. Horrible money management yesterday almost depleted my account and the ole lady will kill me if I go to reload

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

B.C. beats UVA by 13 a week ago, and then UVA's star player is out, and the line is only B.C. -5?

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Infamous......i wish I could tell you how bad I need this. Horrible money management yesterday almost depleted my account and the ole lady will kill me if I go to reload
    I'm with you buddy. Let's get this Bama!!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

This just doesnt pass the sniff test for me. BC only -4.5 with Virginia in terrible form with Landensburg suspended. Smells fishy.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Look at Virginia go! Great avoid play.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

UVA