Wolf40
    Wolf40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tonights Games - Write ups

Gonzaga -4 vs St Mary's - I love this matchup the Zags dominated the season series winning 80-61 and 89-82 (it wasnt that close if you watched the game). The Zags have won 6 in a row. Its hard to not take the zags in this spot but something tells me to be careful. I think it might be time for St Mary's to pull the upset. Although Gonzaga has been playing well I have seem some lulls in their play the last couple weeks and after St Mary's got snubbed from the tourny last year in this exact same spot after losing to the zags they will be as motivated as a team can be. I'm torn right now Heart and motivation VS athleticism and Matt Bouldins leadership. Won't play this until late lets see where the line goes! I'm liking the over right now though I think 1 team will hit the 80's.

Wofford -4 vs App St - I'm a big Socon guy and am 5-0-1 so far during this tourney but this one has me thinking. I was hoping for a Wofford -1 line and I was going to jump on it but App st can play and I see this one being a battle. App beat Wofford 77-76 @ Wofford and lost to them at home 74-68. App has won 6 out of the last 7 in this matchup. Guys this is going to be a nasty game both these teams hate each other and both play with energy and passion. These teams are athletic and play off momentum in a big way. My heart says Wofford but my mind says App St. If I can get 5 i'm going with App st. They have the best player on the court and I think Wofford is getting slightly over valued because they have won 12 in a row.

North Texas vs Denver PK - NT had a huge scare last night while Denver had a blow out. N. Texas won the only matchup this year 64-59 @ Denver. NT has won the last 5 in this matchup. Denver seems to foul alot from what I have seen and N. Texas seems to get teams into some foul trouble so I lean N. Texas here and to be honest I don't see Denver winning 3 days in a row away from Denver. I think the scare last night will refocus NT and they will play well tonight. ***Here's what scares me I took Denver last night becasue of the line and felt their was some sharps on Denver. We have the same exact case here. Why is this a PK? Watch out fellas something isn't exactly right with this one.***

Old Dominion -9 vs William Mary - ODU beat them twice this year 61-42 @home and 58-55 @ W&M. ODU has won last 4 in this matchup and is clearly the more athletic team here. W&M lives by the 3 and has trouble scoring in long spurts. I love ODU to win this game BUT the 9 is a different story. I'm up in the air with this one right now.

West Kentucky -4 vs Troy - these teams are 1-1 on the year both winning on homecourt. WKU won 87-69 and Troy won 77-69. Both teams have good senior leadership. I think alot of people will like WKU in this spot but I'm leaning Troy they are playing good ball and will keep this one tight and I think they can even win it outright

@Siena -8 vs Farifield - Siena is clearly the class of this league and the most talented. Fairfield is playing the best basketball and is on a hell of a ride. Siena wins this game at home BUT do they cover. Its a tough one, Siena hasn't been playing great and Fairfield has. Siena won 69-67 @ home and 81-73 @ Fairfield this year. Siena has won the last 5 matchups and 8 out of last 10 BUT the 2 losses were at Siena. the Road team has covered 8 out of 9 ATS in this matchup. The easy pick is a good Siena to blow out a lesser Fairfield team at home but the numbers say different. I'm leaning Fairfield to cover right now!

Hope these short write-ups help, I'd love to hear people's thoughts!
    Goodluck on a GREAT night of basketball

mrkron
    mrkron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Wofford lost to App St by one but if you look at the stats App shot 70 percent from the floor and 50% from 3 land and only won by one. Last time out they still had respectable numbers but were beat by 6. I really like Wofford here. BOL

mrkron
    mrkron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Also like N. Texas. I think they rolls Denver had a decent games and lost to them. Really like N. Texas here. Denver shot it's load last night.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Wofford have an inside guy to deal with that fat guy on App St? it seemed last night that COFC fronted the big guy and they'd just lob the ball over their head and he'd score every play...At least when I was watching the 1st half. Butts or something like that was his name. Looked to be 6'8ish and about 700lbs.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Does Wofford have an inside guy to deal with that fat guy on App St? it seemed last night that COFC fronted the big guy and they'd just lob the ball over their head and he'd score every play...At least when I was watching the 1st half. Butts or something like that was his name. Looked to be 6'8ish and about 700lbs.
    Seymore Butts.............

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Siena seems to play their best basketball in the 2nd half. They should cover

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Im not saying that App State wont win because they very well could, but I like wofford in this situation..The win last night was big for App but is kind of decieving..CoC shot less than 30% from the field..and when App beast citadel by 10..App turns the ball over ALOT and I see Wofford exploiting that today..I really dont see brand dropping 37 again tonight..when they last played brand only scored 5 points..Butts did have a good game last time out going 5-5 from the field and grabbing 13 rebounds, and Wofford may have some trouble with him..but put it this way App shot 65% from the field that game and only won by 1 with Wofford shooting mid 40s..unless App comes out on fire tonight and shoots about 55% and doesnt turn the ball over like they do..I see Wofford taking this

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

Asked LT in his thread, but what do you guys think of over 135 in the Woffard game?

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

good write up wolf, for me I like DENVER, THE LINE IS SUSPICIOUSLY LOW.

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Housemoney View Post
    Asked LT in his thread, but what do you guys think of over 135 in the Woffard game?
    I think you proceed with caution...they hit the 150s last time because App State shot 65% from the field...last time Apps big man butts went 5-5 and 13 bounds..with no one on Wofford really able to cover him well App may slow things down and try to get him the ball...App does turn the ball over alot so that may lead to pts off turnovers..the one kid on App that dropped 37 last night may come out hot/cold..if hes cold does he keep chuckin?..he only scored 5 against Wofford last time but has consistenly been scoring like in the teens lately..I personally like Wofford in the game, but really can give you great insight on the over..I know wofford likes to spread the ball and get everyone touches..Im not gonna touch the O/U in this one

scottdills
    These pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
    scottdills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adj. Eff.: 108.7 to 103.6 ( App )
    FTA / FGA: 44.5 to 41.8 ( Wofford )
    Eff. FG: 54.9% to 49.6% ( App )
    Off. Reb.: 35.4% to 33.1% ( App )
    Height: 75.9" to 75.0" ( App )
    Experience: 2.14 years to 1.88 years ( App )

App takes five of the six stats I consider most important. Also, your write up mentions they lost to Wofford at home, but that is incorrect. The teams played only once this regular season with App winning on the road. Wofford is extremely overvalued because of their win streak against weak opponents. For me, everything points to a close App win and trip to the Tournament.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Wofford is good and passes my eyeball test..... They beat some SEC programs this year...
    Let the -4 ride
    (similar scenario to Winthrop vs. Coastal Carolina)
    They are just better.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I took the over 135 in this game.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

if i knew a bit more bout wofford or had watched them play be4 i could take a position on this game. but i did watch app. st. play las nite on 360 n it looked like they were firing on all cylinders n have the rite combination to win a conference championship with an efficient inside game n timely outside shooting, n they play with a lot of emotion. now that being said i dont kno how wofford matches up but theyve beat sum good teams out of their conference n absolutely dominated the SoCon..if i had to take a position here knowing wofford has the revenge in this spot n with app. st. coming off an almost perfect performance i would lean on wofford to win strait-up but its only a guess.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

Watched the line drop to 133.5 on the Wofford game and pounded the over.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Wofford is just good... CHA CHING................ follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$