209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Met some great guys, mostly senior men with some class, back 55 + years ago. Mason City, very close to the "The day the music died."
    Probably 5 miles from my sister's home?
    Damn photos will stick without the hs.

I was up in small sh!thole called Lawler. I think it's northern Iowa by the Minnesota border.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Iowa is a scrappy defensive team with good shooting. Good offense. They have a "shooter's chance" in the tourney. It seems the Purdue coach was resting his big man "Edey" today and he played here and there. Even with Edey not playing much they got out-boarded badly in this game. I wonder what the rebounds were when Edey was playing?

Definitely a weak spot for Iowa is lack of the bigs. Will be difficult to win a game with an "Edey" playing major minutes in the tourney against Iowa. They will have to shoot a high percentage, not turn the ball over, and be scrappy like today on defense.

Despite ignorant comments by one SBR low-IQ moron about me not knowing anything about CBB....all I have to watch is a teams first game in the conference tourneys to get a good grip on what they're about.

Iowa was a gift for me today no doubt ($$$), but game might've been different with major minutes from Edey.
    Points Awarded:

Wrongside gave hehfest 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Lotta teams are front runners these days, but Iowa loves it. They may win this tourney, but they will fold as soon as they feel pressure. Their numbers over the last 40 days suggest Elite Eight, but won’t happen, prob not even close.
    Congrats Iowa, you are a really good team — and sort of built well for the tourney. If you overachieve just a bit, you could be a final four team, sadly I foresee major underachievement

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Iowa is a scrappy defensive team with good shooting. Good offense. They have a "shooter's chance" in the tourney. It seems the Purdue coach was resting his big man "Edey" today and he played here and there. Even with Edey not playing much they got out-boarded badly in this game. I wonder what the rebounds were when Edey was playing?

Definitely a weak spot for Iowa is lack of the bigs. Will be difficult to win a game with an "Edey" playing major minutes in the tourney against Iowa. They will have to shoot a high percentage, not turn the ball over, and be scrappy like today on defense.

Despite ignorant comments by one SBR low-IQ moron about me not knowing anything about CBB....all I have to watch is a teams first game in the conference tourneys to get a good grip on what they're about.

Iowa was a gift for me today no doubt ($$$), but game might've been different with major minutes from Edey.

Therefore, its all about who they end up playing throughout. That's why its almost impossible to make a comment "They have no chance", etc. If they don't run into a team with major bigs up to the FF, then they have an advantage until they do. Hope this helps you fukkers. Unless you're an "America ONLY" fukker, I hope you lose (not Ukraine first, not Israel first, not Vietnam first, etc. America shouldn't be first anyway Donny, they should be ONLY)
    Last edited by hehfest; 03-13-22 at 05:03 PM.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Careful, Iowa turns out the best NCAA grapplers in the country.
    They take their wrestling as serious as Indiana takes their basketball.

Ever been to Kosciusko County, Indiana?
    Talk about Hicksville.
    They could murder you, bury you in a plot anywhere in the tens of thousands of farm acreage outside Amish country there it'll take a team of detectives and a decade to find your body.

Friendly people the Hoosiers are, just an odd lot they are.

Are you a mind reader? Thats my plan for 2 SBR members. Maybe 3

Fred The Hammer

5:47 I won on Iowa

Team A Wins a game that ends at 9 pm. Guess who's posting at 10:30 saying he knew Team A had it all along

Come on over Einstein anytime and post your "winners" on my thread. If you beat me then I'll leave. You don't know shit about anything.

Fred The Hammer

Also Iowa is 3rd in rebounding in the B10. Most teams don't have a 7'4 giant Mongoloid in the middle and another huge fat (but athletic) dude thats like 270 backing him up. Those 2 got 25 rebounds today. Iowa is fine in that department. Overall B10 was kind of flat this year. I'd be surprised if any of them made the FF

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    5:47 I won on Iowa

Team A Wins a game that ends at 9 pm. Guess who's posting at 10:30 saying he knew Team A had it all along

Come on over Einstein anytime and post your "winners" on my thread. If you beat me then I'll leave. You don't know shit about anything.

You're a "HOSER" dude. Note, I'm doing what I said I would.......If I bet b/w playoffs (incl. March Madness) I will bet small. Way smaller. I've PROFITED more gambling per month than you get from your military pension since you've been out. I owe some of that too a professional gambler that taught me the basics and I took it from there. Now, the reason I won't start a thread, is what I told a former poster here with initials "P.P.". He knows why. Why? I don't wish to help people like you that are disrespectful and ignorant jerkoffs. There are some people here that are cool as can be that I would love to help, but that would never outweigh helping the people like you. That's why if I knew more of the cool fukkers personally than I would help them personally.

I already know your type. I could go 111-1 record. But that one loss you would ride me about forever...especially if you liked the other side. GFY man.

[IMG]cae1[/IMG]

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

You're a "HOSER" dude. Note, I'm doing what I said I would.......If I bet b/w playoffs (incl. March Madness) I will bet small. Way smaller. I've PROFITED more gambling per month than you get from your military pension since you've been out. I owe some of that too a professional gambler that taught me the basics and I took it from there. Now, the reason I won't start a thread, is what I told a former poster here with initials "P.P.". He knows why. Why? I don't wish to help people like you that are disrespectful and ignorant jerkoffs. There are some people here that are cool as can be that I would love to help, but that would never outweigh helping the people like you. That's why if I knew more of the cool fukkers personally than I would help them personally.

I already know your type. I could go 111-1 record. But that one loss you would ride me about forever...especially if you liked the other side. GFY man.

[IMG]cae1[/IMG]

[IMG]cae2[/IMG]

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

[IMG]cae2[/IMG]

I put a small deposit in at Caesars because I like buying the 1/2 points there. Working it up b4 March Madness.

[IMG]cae3[/IMG]

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Careful, Iowa turns out the best NCAA grapplers in the country.
    They take their wrestling as serious as Indiana takes their basketball.

Ever been to Kosciusko County, Indiana?
    Talk about Hicksville.
    They could murder you, bury you in a plot anywhere in the tens of thousands of farm acreage outside Amish country there it'll take a team of detectives and a decade to find your body.

Friendly people the Hoosiers are, just an odd lot they are.
    I cannot confirm or deny that happens as that’s way north of me

However, damn near everywhere you go in Indiana you see a ton of basketball goals

That’s just how we roll

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by 209 life View Post
    state of iowa sucks. Bunch of fukkin corn cobs drinking busch beer in iowa. I couldn't wait to leave when i was there passing thru. Jabroni's
    this

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

................Illinois even worse

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Iowa vs Purdue for the big10 championship. I’ll take Iowa
    Hawks
    they got the look. I bet the go they farthest of any big 10 team. Not sure I agree w Kellogg just yet, that they go thru Kansas. But will be fun to watch

hawkeyeguy27
    hawkeyeguy27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3189

Keegan Murray Enough said. Iowa will do very well in this tounrnament as they are a very balanced team. Congrats to them on Winning the Big 10 tournament, they got screwed with a 5 seed, should of been at worst a 4 and at best a 5... won like 11 of last 12 games and won the big 10 tournament not sure how they dont get at least a 4 seed.. Although the stupid committee already had it all figured out before the championship game. GO HAWKS!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy27 View Post
    Keegan Murray Enough said. Iowa will do very well in this tounrnament as they are a very balanced team. Congrats to them on Winning the Big 10 tournament, they got screwed with a 5 seed, should of been at worst a 4 and at best a 5... won like 11 of last 12 games and won the big 10 tournament not sure how they dont get at least a 4 seed.. Although the stupid committee already had it all figured out before the championship game. GO HAWKS!
    Yes, Wisconsin got screwed a few times after the Champ game because the committee has things locked and loaded - That's the negative with playing the last Conference Final. And yes Iowa is dangerous and should be a higher seed!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Find a better player than Keegan Murray? A 6-8 mobile beast.
    He has the great potential to get Iowa to the Final Four.
    Let's do it Hawks!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy27 View Post
    You definitely know what you're talking about.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Everyone has bracket I seen live final four

they r ddommed

Fred The Hammer

Tried to get Richmond +6.5 1H, but MGM froze up and the game started. They won the A10 tourney....they're no joke. Down 13 or 15 to Dayton and beat them. Problem w/Iowa is they like to play fast, but they have too many white guys to press so decent teams can slow it easily on them. Just have to grind them out. Have to be able to beat them on the boards 2H

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Tried to get Richmond +6.5 1H, but MGM froze up and the game started. They won the A10 tourney....they're no joke. Down 13 or 15 to Dayton and beat them. Problem w/Iowa is they like to play fast, but they have too many white guys to press so decent teams can slow it easily on them. Just have to grind them out. Have to be able to beat them on the boards 2H
    I hate when that happens; let’s see how this second half goes. Iowa is on a run. I like Perkins. Bohannon has expired; he’s gotten worse.

stake1

fred: i think Bobby Mckillop had more to do with the spiders making it to the dance, than the spiders. A10 was one bid conference, until davidson gave the game away on Sunday
    a lot of times, a mediocre team like richmond will give the superior team= Iowa a run. using all that "we are not supposed to be here BS" as motivation. but then the cream rises to the top. Fully expect that is what Iowa does in the second half

Wrongside

Just like Richmond and VCu of old, that one year. They are on a long run. Iowa is uncomfortable, they want a big lead. Not gonna happen…

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Really hope rich can pull this off

gonna destroy half the brackets

Fred The Hammer

fred: i think Bobby Mckillop had more to do with the spiders making it to the dance, than the spiders. A10 was one bid conference, until davidson gave the game away on Sunday
    a lot of times, a mediocre team like richmond will give the superior team= Iowa a run. using all that "we are not supposed to be here BS" as motivation. but then the cream rises to the top. Fully expect that is what Iowa does in the second half
    Like I said though....they came back from way down to beat a very good def team in Dayton last Sat. They're pretty solid. Iowa playing dumb though? You get open 3s by going inside out and they're mostly shooting
    contested 3s

Fred The Hammer

Its over. Nice hit. Told my buddy I wouldn't be surprised. I would've hit Rich ML but I'm a B10 guy so have to like the Hawkeyes

stake1

hard to win when you are shooting 30%. yet they are still in the game, should be down by 15-20 points

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

1st team all American does nothing

McCaffrey still never gotten any team to sweet 16

stake1

And-one. terrible shooting day and yet he makes a play, doing whatever he can

stake1

spiders should be up by 20 points. just shows the difference between the quality of the teams

stake1

wow. kris murray hacked and no call???? that is the game. terrible no call

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Fire McCaffrey after the game

Piece of shit sitting on 3 time outs with under a minute to go

F uck You

stake1

yup. that was a huge missed call. game could have been tied. terrible. gene and haywood confirm

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

wow. kris murray hacked and no call???? that is the game. terrible no call
    That was horrifically bad. Not sure how they could have missed that.

stake1

where is the foul? wow haywood unloading on the refs here! he may lose his job

First 123 Last