Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

Baylor Bears Plus the Points Tonight

Comprehensive Analysis:

Gonzaga gonna trot out some big ole cracka jacks to work the paint like it's the YMCA men's league but Baylor got them colored cats to zig zag and jitterbug, rain some threes and cross up them white folk.

We may have a 2007 New England Patriots situation on hand tonight boys.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why not they are big time also

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

All over it. Let's be honest. The best teams Gonzaga has played is USC and UCLA. Both decent teams, UCLA ton of heart. Baylor has played tough competition all year and should honestly be undefeated if not for Covid IMO. Baylor on another level athletically, defensively, 3 point shooting, playmaking in Mitchell. I'm not sure Gonzaga will have an answer for #45. Guy is a wrecking ball. If Baylor is making their 3's, I think they win. Baylor ran through Arkansas who put up a tough fight and are a hell of a team, and then made Houston look like a bunch of scrubs. Baylor is much more battle tested in the tournament, and also in the regular season.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Gambler's mindset for this game... Baylor had an easy win and Gonzaga struggled against the lowly UCLA

Baylor getting points? Give me Baylor plus the points

Not so fast, Gonzaga will win and cover the spread

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Zags will roll on these fools Eddy, sorry pal

CantFeelMyFace

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Gambler's mindset for this game... Baylor had an easy win and Gonzaga struggled against the lowly UCLA

You may be right. All i know is the highest seed Gonzaga has played is a 6 seed. The teams they beat in the regular season that were ranked play no defense except for WVU who almost beat them, and BYU even gave them a tough fight. Baylor will be by FAR the best defensive team they have ever seen. Baylor is also the best 3 point shooting team in the country. They were also undefeated in a wayyy better conference before they got COVID.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    You may be right. All i know is the highest seed Gonzaga has played is a 6 seed. The teams they beat in the regular season that were ranked play no defense except for WVU who almost beat them, and BYU even gave them a tough fight. Baylor will be by FAR the best defensive team they have ever seen. Baylor is also the best 3 point shooting team in the country. They were also undefeated in a wayyy better conference before they got COVID.
    Can Baylor win sure but comparing what other teams did against other teams doesn't mean much here. Baylor does well against isolation teams because they have a top defender but Zags can put up points in bunches with anyone on the court and pass the ball well. If Baylor hits threes they will be tough to beat but I wouldn't be surprised to watch them start to miss those shots on the biggest stage. They better hit them because Timme will be eating tonight. GL to all of you. Someone will be bringing home the bacon.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

anyone know what the spread was before the ucla game for this game? like how many points did it come down because of how close UCLA was to Gonzaga.

Eddy Munny

Nah, I'm not penalizing Gonzaga for the UCLA game, it's just that Baylor is every bit as good and they're the ones catching four and a half points. If these teams played a series like the NBA, it'd likely go the full seven... But it's one game at a neutral site, and I'm getting more points than I probably should on account of the fact that the other team is undefeated.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Any opinion on the Gonzaga personnel? I know they now get top recruits and got a tfr from Florida. Two comments:

1) They still play in a mid-major conference. They don't go thru the grind of playing Hvy-wts back-to-back.

2) When I saw them play, I was surprised that they have two white guys as top players. For 30 years, the white guys have bricked the NBA...w/ possible exception of Kevin Love. Are Timmie and Kispert up against it tonite?

Laurence89
    Laurence89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1540

Gamblers mindset would also say gonzaga is undefeated Baylor lost games...easy game for zags

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence89 View Post
    Gamblers mindset would also say gonzaga is undefeated Baylor lost games...easy game for zags
    Gamblers have that "what have you done for me lately" attitude. They judge teams by their last games mostly

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence89 View Post
    If that is how anyone handicapped this they need some fukin help immediately

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Nah, I'm not penalizing Gonzaga for the UCLA game, it's just that Baylor is every bit as good and they're the ones catching four and a half points. If these teams played a series like the NBA, it'd likely go the full seven... But it's one game at a neutral site, and I'm getting more points than I probably should on account of the fact that the other team is undefeated.
    UCLA played a perfect game. I know it's high scoring but UCLA actually slowed the pace down where Gonzaga was almost uncomfortable. Gonzaga likes to run more so than Baylor imo. We'll see. GL

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Any opinion on the Gonzaga personnel? I know they now get top recruits and got a tfr from Florida. Two comments:

1) They still play in a mid-major conference. They don't go thru the grind of playing Hvy-wts back-to-back.

2) When I saw them play, I was surprised that they have two white guys as top players. For 30 years, the white guys have bricked the NBA...w/ possible exception of Kevin Love. Are Timmie and Kispert up against it tonite?
    Gonzaga is one of the best 2 pt shooting teams in the history of the game.

They opened the season playing Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia, then would have played Baylor but it was cancelled.

After some cancellations they then played Iowa and then two games later played Virginia.

Only West Virginia kept it in single digits. Maybe not all heavy weights, but there is some weight on those opponents. At least it can't or shouldn't be ignored.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

They opened the season playing Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia, then would have played Baylor but it was cancelled.

After some cancellations they then played Iowa and then two games later played Virginia.

Only West Virginia kept it in single digits. Maybe not all heavy weights, but there is some weight on those opponents.
    apparently, most commenting earlier forgot about that part of the season

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1949

I like the Under.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Only West Virginia kept it in single digits. Maybe not all heavy weights, but there is some weight on those opponents. At least it can't or shouldn't be ignored.
    ku was not up to par this year really(for kansas), they do not score easily. auburn never had a chance too young and not good enough, I watched the west virginia game and another game where west virginia did nothing special but had gonzaga on the ropes and was leading the entire game ajayi is the x factor for zags he sparks things on both sides of the ball when they really need it. iowa can only score(mainly from distance) they dont play defense well enough to be elite. baylor is shooting the highest 3 pt percentage in the country when u watch u wouldnt think so and they did it in the big 12
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-05-21 at 01:44 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    apparently, most commenting earlier forgot about that part of the season
    Yeah, Gonza knows where they stand and aren't afraid to book the games for it, increasing that SOS.

The fact that they can wrangle transfers and attract top recruits pretty much takes them out of the mid major discussion, especially when they are running through power conference teams.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Flip a coin who knows?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Oh man this is clueless rationale.
    Baylor on kenpom is 27th in adjusted D
    USC is 5th(actual best defensive team zags have faced)
    Kansas who zags played is 14th
    Byu who zags played is 29th
    West v is 70th so your statement is again inaccurate.
    As for best 3 point team in the country, yes you finally got one statement right except it doesn’t matter. Look at the teams that lead that year in and year out.
    Do your research it’s not hard it’s all out there to find

goduke

Also zags led this game for the last 6 minutes against West Virginia. I would say “almost got beat” is quite an exaggeration

MrMiami
    MrMiami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27466

Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave MrMiami 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Going for the middle here...

2 Units on Gonzaga -190
    2 Units on Baylor +4.5 (-102)

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

On Baylor +4 -105

Eddy Munny

2 Units on Gonzaga -190

I wouldn't even know how to watch a game like that...

"Alright let's go Zags!"

"Hey now, rein it in a bit"

"C'mon Baylor make it a game for crissakes"

"Whoa there Bears, I didn't say take the damn lead"

"Thaat's more like Gonzaga, let's get the dubya... nice and easy"

"Hey, hey, hey calm down fellas... no need to pull away. Fukkin relax."

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Simple Eddy.

No rooting allowed until the last 30 seconds, if the bet is still alive then.

Let's face it, after a 39 plus minutes of play, those last seconds are all that matter anyway.

CantFeelMyFace

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    As for best 3 point team in the country, yes you finally got one statement right except it doesn’t matter. Look at the teams that lead that year in and year out.
    You shouldn't talk. You think they pay Gonzaga to "play down" to UCLA. Go back to your cave.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

When in question just go with the dog and points and pray for the best ..

Baylor it is.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1411

Ur square eddy

goduke

You shouldn't talk. You think they pay Gonzaga to "play down" to UCLA. Go back to your cave.
    So rattling off all the wrong points when its as easy as looking them up is okay? My statement you actually have no factual evidence to say isnt true. Your statement there is a plethora of information that shows you are an idiot. You lose

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25230

2 Units on Gonzaga -190

I have been mulling this over a bit.
    I might have to pull trigger now

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    LOL

I didn't think it was possible for you to embarrass yourself more than after the last game, but you stepped up to the plate and proved me wrong

Congrats

My God

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    I have been mulling this over a bit.
    I might have to pull trigger now
    Almost game time!

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required