BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Thursday

3* Richmond -3'

Spiders rebound from loss at Xavier, and their match-up zone should cause problems for Dayton so long as they keep the Flyers off the boards. UR plays well off a conf loss (14-4 ATS L3Y), vs good defensive teams (15-5 ATS L3Y vs team allowing 64 ppg or less), and vs good teams (8-1 L2Y vs team outscoring opps by 8+ ppg). The Robins Center has always provided an underrated home court advantage, and Lord knows, it's an absolute pain in the ass just getting there through Richmond's awful airport.

BiffTFinancial

3* Pitt -11

Pitt by 15+. Pitt's defensive focus will shut Providence down completely. tempted to play 1H under too.

twoods215
    twoods215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I like this play. UR coming off a tough OT road loss, they will want to finish strong and show have a good crowd behind them tonight. They win by 6 or 7 points.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

yeah im going with you 2 on this one

kboiler
    kboiler's Avatar Become A Pro!

The entire big east is so schitzo. Hard to bet on them.

sorge6
    sorge6's Avatar Become A Pro!

richmond all day. get it before it climbssss

capri5421
    capri5421's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your write up is AWSOME. Biff really great write up. Love Spiders tonite. Good luck buddy.

BiffTFinancial

thanks, capri. growing up in Richmond and dealing with that airport should be worth something, that's for sure. Spiders have always seemed to catch a lot of breaks at the Robins Center (i know a couple of people who have hard-and-fast rules against betting against them there).

BiffTFinancial

upgrading Richmond from 3* to 4*. the more i think about it, the more i like it.

capri5421

I guess your from Virginia ? I'm from a little north of you NYC. Moved from NYC to the Sunshine State in 01. I miss the food. LOL.

BiffTFinancial

yeah, originally from Richmond, now in Cleveland. i don't blame you for missing NYC food. i've never lived there and i miss it just from visiting.

thinking long and hard about the UW/Oregon under (now 143'). i think that i may like the 1H under 67 a little better, if only because a home dog like Oregon might keep fouling at the end. 5 of Oregon's 7 P10 home games have gone under 1H, and in their last home game, they played to 47 total points against Cal, the team in the P10 that most favorably compares to UW in terms of pace. my concern is that UW has played some high-scoring 1Hs on the road, but if Oregon can slow down Cal to go under by 20 1H, they should be able to slow down UW, i think. i cap the game to finish in the low 130s, which definitely makes it a possibility. dunno why i'm having such trouble pulling the trigger.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Washington/Oregon 1H under 67

LT likes the game under 144, and far be it for me to quarrel with that play, but this is the final game at the Pit (MacArthur Court), so if Oregon is trailing late (and i think they will), there could be more FTs that usual given how important it is for them to win the final game at the Pit. Oregon has gone under 1H in 5 of 7 P10 home games, including playing to only 47 points (67 was the 1H number) vs Cal in their last home game, and Cal is the team that most resembles UW pace-wise. these two teams played put up almost 170 at UW in early January, but that was before UW or the rest of the P10 was familiar with Malcolm Armstead, who sliced up UW's defense on drives. UW is familiar with Armstead now, and keeping him out of the lane will be a focus.

Of late, UW has shown itself to be defensive-oriented on the road (that how they got the win in Wazzu last weekend), and Oregon is defensive-oriented at home, slowing opponent and holding them below their FGA/game average. Both will come out focused on defense in a game that both want. Even better? It's supposed to rain tonight in Eugene, and one of the nice things about the Pit (for cappers, not players) is that precipitation and humidity outside come directly inside. The house will be rockin, the ball slick and the players over-hyped with defense on their minds. i'm thinking a 1H with between 58-62 points.

capri5421

We think the same, I was going to say the 1st half of the Washington/Oregon game. 67 is very high for these two team's. Good luck buddy.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck bud, I like Pitt as well just can't get myself to lay DD is the BE

BiffTFinancial

thanks, capri. BOL to you too, pal.

thanks a lot, Ice. i don't normally lay DD period (if i like a home fave that much, i'll take them 1H), but i like this spot for Pitt. i liken Providence to Seton Hall, whom Pitt crushed in early February. granted, this isn't off a loss to rival WV like Seton Hall was, but free-wheeling offensive teams can have an awful time playing at Pitt, and i think that Dixon has them back focused like they were in early January. not often that i enter a night down 14.5 points (Pitt + UR), so i thought long and hard about it. BOL to you tonight.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    3* Richmond -3' Spiders rebound from loss at Xavier, and their match-up zone should cause problems for Dayton so long as they keep the Flyers off the boards. UR plays well off a conf loss (14-4 ATS L3Y), vs good defensive teams (15-5 ATS L3Y vs team allowing 64 ppg or less), and vs good teams (8-1 L2Y vs team outscoring opps by 8+ ppg). The Robins Center has always provided an underrated home court advantage, and Lord knows, it's an absolute pain in the ass just getting there through Richmond's awful airport.
    Dayton is notoriously bad on the road as well. They are a Jekyl and Hyde team that is very tough to beat at home but severely underachieve on the road. Think you are on the right side of this one. I am really surprised the line opened so low.

BiffTFinancial

thanks, mcbaseball. yeah, gotta admit, the fact that this play has become so public over the course of the day has me somewhat worried. it must be the must-win nature of the game for Dayton, because there isn't much else that would make sense, particularly after UR looked good at XU. someone should create a Dayton +4 lock thread about how they know someone who has a cousin on Dayton and that they've never heard of a team so pumped and prepared for a game....

capri5421

Replying to you going me a mover. The thing I'm moving is furniture ! lol. Hey I am poking around looking for 2nd or 3rd play, what do you think of Robert Morris -11 vs. C. Conn St.

capri5421

calling me a mover, SORRY. Not( going)

capri5421

That female in your Avater is nice. Who is she?

mcbaseball10

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    thanks, mcbaseball. yeah, gotta admit, the fact that this play has become so public over the course of the day has me somewhat worried. it must be the must-win nature of the game for Dayton, because there isn't much else that would make sense, particularly after UR looked good at XU. someone should create a Dayton +4 lock thread about how they know someone who has a cousin on Dayton and that they've never heard of a team so pumped and prepared for a game....
    Got the lock thread up for you Biff! Getting more responses than I ever do from my analysis threads. If you are flashy and make bold predictions then people will respond to your posts, funny stuff.

BiffTFinancial

capri, female in my avatar is Amanda Knox (aka Foxy Knoxy) the young woman from Seattle wrongly held in an Italian prison for a murder she didn't commit. at least, that's the way she tells it.

don't have much of a vibe for Robert Morris, sorry, but a quick look says it has potential. put it this way, don't think i'd want to be on the other side. don't have time to fully cap it as have to head home soon and put on my Richmond hoops t-shirt.

my cutting room floor right now has Seton Hall/Rutgers 1H under 69, Drake, and Buffalo/Miami over (Iceminers has solid write-up on this one and it's his POD as i recall). i capped about 8-10 games, and liked almost all faves. hate when that happens. my system didn't even like NMSU, and i was hoping it would.

BiffTFinancial

mcbaseball, that is fkn gold! hilarious.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Hey biff, I really like Spider and booked them this afternoon @-3.5.
    The more I read up and analyze the stats and shooting %, seem like both team is neck to neck if not Dayton is slightly ahead.
    I also noticed most of road games this year, Dayton only lost to Temple 8 points, the rest of the DT road games are lost 4 or less.

So we giving Spider the advantage because their loss to XU......and airport things , and I agreed with those factors.

The most scary part is I scan through the service section in thespread......all of the touts giving Richmon.
    Yesterday same sh*t happens to UAB. After I scanned through the service play in thespread, I really wanted to changed/cancel my UAB bet.....but what can I say, I didn't do the home work yesterday.....and have very weak mind.

Best of luck with your card today Biff.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    Hey biff, I really like Spider and booked them this afternoon @-3.5.
    The more I read up and analyze the stats and shooting %, seem like both team is neck to neck if not Dayton is slightly ahead.
    I also noticed most of road games this year, Dayton only lost to Temple 8 points, the rest of the DT road games are lost 4 or less.

So we giving Spider the advantage because their loss to XU......and airport things , and I agreed with those factors.

The most scary part is I scan through the service section in thespread......all of the touts giving Richmon.
    Yesterday same sh*t happens to UAB. After I scanned through the service play in thespread, I really wanted to changed/cancel my UAB bet.....but what can I say, I didn't do the home work yesterday.....and have very weak mind.

Best of luck with your card today Biff.
    hey, i hear you, none too pleased with everyone being on UR. and i was on UAB yesterday early, so this is 2 days in a row that this has happened to my 4* pick. makes for a tense afternoon. i'm not saying UR is hands down better team, but if we were talking about covering 6-7, i'd be more concerned. the airport thing, obviously a goof, but Dayton has been weak on the road and they will struggle against this zone. it will neutralize the athletic advantage on the front line, and Dayton doesn't have the shooters to bust it up.

UR has consistently shown up this year, and i've followed them long-term, and it has always seemed like they have a very underrated home court advantage. i've had a long-time rule against fading them there. i could definitely be wrong - i've been weak sauce for a week - but i still like it.

BOL to you tonight.

capri5421

We closed out the frist half on a high note. Let's go Spiders.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by capri5421 View Post
    We closed out the frist half on a high note. Let's go Spiders.
    i got so excited on the last steal, i confused the winthrop/radford 2H for the 1H and posted a moronic thread about it.

the Spiders have to rebound, obviously. they can. they have a bunch of big galoots who aren't talented but can body up. they should get into the bonus early and get their points at the line and from 3 perimeter guys and just hold Dayton for 20 minutes.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

they got this one

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Dayton/Richmond 2H over 67'

free throws and offensive boards

mcbaseball10

Game is going to come down to free throws. Lots of fouls early.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by mcbaseball10 View Post
    Game is going to come down to free throws. Lots of fouls early.
    yep. UR can't keep them off the boards.

capri5421

Gettin killed on the board's. Foul shooting looks like a problem also.

BiffTFinancial

giving the 3 point play was awful.

BiffTFinancial

4* UR -3' - WINNER
    3* UR 2H over 67' - LOSER

1-1 +0.7u, Pitt, UW/Oregon 2H under pending.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Oh my, it work out better for me.

Ticket #: 6457639
    Mar 04 07:00 PM

CBB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [518] RICHMOND -3½-110

03/04/2010 01:47 PM INTERNET / -1 Ticket #: 6459108
    Mar 04 07:00 PM

CBB