NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Kansas St. (+9.5)???

This is a #2 vs a #5 seed and Kansas St. nearly beat Kansas in overtime back in January. How are the Jay Hawks a 9.5 point favorite.....seems way too high.

Kansas St. (+9.5) seems like the play here for me.

Thoughts?

gonnakillit
    gonnakillit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas St. almost beat Kansas at home where they are much better, but they didnt, they lost. Now they are playing in Kansas' stadium... It is a lot of points, but I deffinately wouldnt feel comfortable with my money on Kansas St.

fsu2010
    fsu2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO, the only +EV play here is Kansas State ML. Either they hang in the game and pull it off in the last two minutes, or they get steadily beaten down, and Kansas makes it a double figures game after late FTs.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was leaning Kansas St but Kansas is looking better

NYSportsGuy210

You guys aren't even saying why you think one or the other.....

NYSportsGuy210

......Kansas St. plus points looks good so far.

gonnakillit

Kansas is better, Kanasas already beat them on the road, Kansas St. is much better at home than on the road

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

They aren't "seeds"

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Kansas will blow out Kansas St today. Either take kansas -9 today or stay away from this game.

fsu2010
    fsu2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't want to write out a detailed explanation why Kansas St ML is the only play, but I can assure you I'm not randomly posting things. Reasonable time and consideration have gone into picks that I post on here. I tend to get very detailed and go on rants when I explain my thoughts behind picks and I'm attempting to Pre-Game for the FSU game in 2 hours. Long story short, if Kansas is going to lose at home this season, this is where it's going to happen. I think that Kansas is either going to come out and play well as a team and win by double digits, or they're going to struggle (as a team) and get upset. If you look at KU's schedule the majority of comparable conference home games have been won by 10+ points (except for I think Baylor who is nothing like KSU because BU they either shoot lights out or not). KSU is going to have to play tough all game and do what they do best (which is get offensive rebounds and lots of second chance points). Essentially, if KU shoots well, KSU loses by double digits here. KSU is also horrific at FT% (pretty sure they're like 275th ranked or something under 66%). Granted, KU isn't much better at FT% (maybe like 150th/70%), but with the home field advantage look for them to shoot well from the line. Fortunately though, with the KSU ML they only need to win approximately 20% of the time for this to be +EV. I'd say they're like 25-28% to win here. I'm going to stop ranting now.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by gonnakillit View Post
    Kansas is better, Kanasas already beat them on the road, Kansas St. is much better at home than on the road

boy u sure do not kno how bak ur statements up. do sum research be4 u say sumthin thats way off. k-st. is one of the best road teams in college hoops pal, 8-1 in true road games n several of them blowouts. this team is equally dangerous on the road.

gonnakillit

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    boy u sure do not kno how bak ur statements up. do sum research be4 u say sumthin thats way off. k-st. is one of the best road teams in college hoops pal, 8-1 in true road games n several of them blowouts. this team is equally dangerous on the road.

First of all you should learn the english ****ing language before you post something....and second of all Kansas St. is a better home team than road team. You can't just look at record. So if Kansas beats Kansas St. in their place what do you think they'll do in their own place?

Yeah they have a good home record, and I didnt say they sucked on the road. But they are better at home than on the road.

gonnakillit

Oh and by the way.....Kansas St. had all the shit teams in conference on the road:

Texas Tech
    Oklahoma
    Iowa St.
    Nebraska
    Colorado

So when 5 of your 8 road wins are to the worst 5 teams in conference that'll scew numbers real quick. They did beat Baylor on the road by two, and lost on the road to Missouri

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

why would anyone take this gibberish seriously? what an awful post.

ringemup

First of all you should learn the english ****ing language before you post something....and second of all Kansas St. is a better home team than road team. You can't just look at record. So if Kansas beats Kansas St. in their place what do you think they'll do in their own place?

Yeah they have a good home record, and I didnt say they sucked on the road. But they are better at home than on the road.

Yea, ur trying to use the logic that kansas beat them at k-st. n so they will easily win on their home court. nice try pal, that analogy doesnt work all the time. besides this kansas team is not as experienced as their championship team of a few yrs ago n realli don kno wut to expect coming off their first loss in a while,,,id like them if they had couple more veterans in there but that is not the case... u must not be very basketball savvy to say that k-st is better at home than they r on the road, there rnt many teams in college hoops yr in n yr out that can say they have only lost 1 true road game late into the season, no u don kno shit that is pretty obvious to me

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i dont even remember that k-state kansas game, i thought i would remember if that was an upset but espns website said state did win
    or i was probably just still drunk from last night.
    Last edited by Glitch; 03-03-10 at 04:08 PM.

bruceBRUCEbruce

u must not be very basketball savvy to say that k-st is better at home than they r on the road, there rnt many teams in college hoops yr in n yr out that can say they have only lost 1 true road game late into the season, no u don kno shit that is pretty obvious to me
    it's obvious to the rest of us that you're a ****ing moron.

gonnakillit

Yea, ur trying to use the logic that kansas beat them at k-st. n so they will easily win on their home court. nice try pal, that analogy doesnt work all the time. besides this kansas team is not as experienced as their championship team of a few yrs ago n realli don kno wut to expect coming off their first loss in a while,,,id like them if they had couple more veterans in there but that is not the case... u must not be very basketball savvy to say that k-st is better at home than they r on the road, there rnt many teams in college hoops yr in n yr out that can say they have only lost 1 true road game late into the season, no u don kno shit that is pretty obvious to me

just cause their road record is better than their home record doesnt mean they are better on the road dude.

You're obviously the idiot. The 5 worst teams in the conference were all road games for Kansas St. Their only tough road games were at Baylor where they won by two and @ Missouri where they lost by 6. And neither of those teams compares to Kansas.

I think it's evident to anyone that has read your posts and mine that you're the idiot....not i

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    why would anyone take this gibberish seriously? what an awful post.

what the **** do u kno bout basketball, this k-st. team beat UNLV by 15 on the road, the same UNLV team that spanked BYU by over 20. yea u prob don have the balls to call the upset.....gibberish? u dont kno shit pal

Jrod124
    Update your status

to say K state has no chance is retarded

gonnakillit

what the **** do u kno bout basketball, this k-st. team beat UNLV by 15 on the road, the same UNLV team that spanked BYU by over 20. yea u prob don have the balls to call the upset.....gibberish? u dont kno shit pal

hahahahahhaha UNLV...please. They are crazy overrated.

You're a ****ing idiot with all your basketball "savvy"....hahaha the same savvy that tells you Kansas St. is better on the road than at home. You idiot. Stop looking at stats blindly and actually try to find out what the stats mean.

Jrod124
    Update your status

actually just locked in K State +9.5

gonnakillit

I dont think that anyone said K St. has no chance............

Although I'll say it now. They have a chance to cover the 9.5 points.....they have ZERO CHANCE of winning the game SU

ringemup

just cause their road record is better than their home record doesnt mean they are better on the road dude.

You're obviously the idiot. The 5 worst teams in the conference were all road games for Kansas St. Their only tough road games were at Baylor where they won by two and @ Missouri where they lost by 6. And neither of those teams compares to Kansas.

I think it's evident to anyone that has read your posts and mine that you're the idiot....not i

wow u talk like kansas is the greatest ****in basketball team of all time, pal i could give u a list of teams in the past that are 2 times better than this kansas team currently.....the ranking is great but it dont mean shit... u mus be a ****in idiot i said they r jus as dangerous on the road, not that they r better road team than at home, get the ****ing point u mutt

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    to say K state has no chance is retarded
    they can actually win this game if collins has an off-night.

Jrod124
    Update your status

really no chance to win SU? Interesting, I am not playing the Moneyline, but I think it wouldn't be the biggest upset of the year if they won tonight

gonnakillit

wow u talk like kansas is the greatest ****in basketball team of all time, pal i could give u a list of teams in the past that are 2 times better than this kansas team currently.....the ranking is great but it dont mean shit... u mus be a ****in idiot i said they r jus as dangerous on the road, not that they r better road team than at home, get the ****ing point u mutt

THAT'S THE POINT SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE JUST AS DANGEROUS ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause they can beat Baylor by 2? Cause they can beat the 5 worst teams in conference on the road? Cause they lose to an average Missouri team on the road?

Please show me where they are dangerou on the road.

GOD YOU'RE DUMB. And this whole time I havnt pointed out once "how great Kansas is" I've simply stated that Kansas St. hasnt played a team nearly as good as Kansas on the road. And that's simply a fact.

Get over yourself.

P.S. If you want anyone to read what you say and think you have a ****ing clue then try writing in English instead of ****ing Ebonics

Beat up the book
    Beat up the book's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

to answer the ? at home, coming of a loss.

Jrod124
    Update your status

I am enjoying this thread though haha, nice debate

ringemup

couple yrs ago there was an upset no1 had the balls to call...texas a&m went down to kansas to face the same team that would go onto the win the national championship the next yr...i put 3.5 Gs on a&m ML that game n cashed in i see sum of the same qualities in this k-st. team they have a toughness to them mentally n play very aggressive on the offensive end while always solid on D i see the revenge factor here as the ultimate deciding factor as to who covers the number here but a SU upset is def. in the cards as well

bruceBRUCEbruce

if you had any points to bet, I'd make a wager with you. but you don't...

if you can't spell or type correctly, it's a sign of a weak brain and a narrow mind.

ringemup

THAT'S THE POINT SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE JUST AS DANGEROUS ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause they can beat Baylor by 2? Cause they can beat the 5 worst teams in conference on the road? Cause they lose to an average Missouri team on the road?

Please show me where they are dangerou on the road.

GOD YOU'RE DUMB. And this whole time I havnt pointed out once "how great Kansas is" I've simply stated that Kansas St. hasnt played a team nearly as good as Kansas on the road. And that's simply a fact.

Get over yourself.

P.S. If you want anyone to read what you say and think you have a ****ing clue then try writing in English instead of ****ing Ebonics

so wut the **** is ur consensus? u calling kansas for the cover, lets see how much of a ****ing idiot u are. ur calling me dumb? ur talking to sum1 thats made 20K from under a 100 dollars 3 times before i kno mi shit

Jrod124
    Update your status

no need to insult each other guys

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    if you had any points to bet, I'd make a wager with you. but you don't...

if you can't spell or type correctly, it's a sign of a weak brain and a narrow mind.

did u come in here to talk basketball or mumble ur pathetic little comments. jus shut the **** up if u don wanna discuss the matchup.

gonnakillit

so wut the **** is ur consensus? u calling kansas for the cover, lets see how much of a ****ing idiot u are. ur calling me dumb? ur talking to sum1 thats made 20K from under a 100 dollars 3 times before i kno mi shit

I just place a 1 trillion dollar bet that you are in fact mentally retarded. The payout will only be 1 million because all evidence points to you being retarded, but hey it's easy money

12 Last