BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Wednesday

4* uab -3

capri5421
    capri5421's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great pick, If you look at my thread UAB is one of my lean's. Huge game for UAB, also senior nite. Memphis just dosen't look like a very good team at this point. Good luck buddy, I may trail you.

BiffTFinancial

hey, capri. we're on similar wavelength tonight. i like Irish a lot too, just locked them in at -1'. i've been cold, so going to make Irish 3*, if only to keep conservative. plus, i have some fear of UConn after getting beaten at home by Louisville, and ND's defense is always shaky. i can see why you're considering it for your POD, though, and i like it just a bit less than UAB. i have Irish by 7, leaning slightly under.

Memphis doesn't scare me much at all. this is an immense game for UAB and Mike Davis. i love backing a tough defensive team with a motivational angle at home. Memphis' offense relies so much upon upon the 3 and points off of turnovers, and UAB defends the 3 well and should protect the ball well at home. the line movement is becoming a little fishy on this one, moving to 3 then back to 2' at some places, but i'm hoping we see a dominant UAB defensive performance that makes the specific number irrelevant.

BOL to you tonight.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Notre Dame -1'

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Where you guys getting -1? I only have -2 I still like it though

BiffTFinancial

southpaw, i got -1.5 (sometimes the hook's a little difficult to read). Greek, 5 dimes, betjam all still have at -1.5. for the record, i don't think you can get it anywhere at -1 right now without buying at least a half-point. people who got it at -1 probably got it overnight or very early this morning (opened at pk).

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Charlotte/Rhode Island 1H under 72

both teams need this one badly, and i'm thinking Charlotte will slow it down early. Charlotte has lost 4 of 5, giving up 78.5 ppg in the losses. if they want to win this game, going shot for shot with URI's offense won't be the way to do it. in similar spots this season (3 games as road dog of 6-9, 4 games with total over 150), Charlotte has gone under in 6 of 7 1Hs.

URI went over 1H in its only game as a 6-9 home fave, but where total was 150+, 4 of 9 have gone under 1H. that doesn't sound so great, but when you take out the 4 1Hs against Fordham, St Joe's and UMass (3 of the 4 worst A10) teams, 4 of 5 went under 1H and the one that went over was vs Providence, a team that plays even more uptempo than URI. and the 4 that went under (XU, BC, Duquesne, OK State) - where game total was 150+ against a decent team - went way under. the conclusion i reach is that a decent team can keep URI's up-tempo attack from getting going by slowing the tempo at the outset. if Charlotte doesn't do so tonight, i'd sincerely wonder why.

like the game under 153' too, but think it could be close with some FTs at the end, as i don't think that URI covers, so like the 1H under better than game under or Charlotte and the points. finally, both teams coming off of 1H overs, which never hurts.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Georgia +8

way too many points at home. thinking a lot about UGA 1H +4', but in light of how Kentucky got worked at UT, i don't think that we'll see them come out quite as lackadaisacal. then again, Kentucky has been spotty in the 1H all season, and UGA hasn't trailed by that many at the half at home since Nov 27th vs Jacksonville State. of course, this is also the most points UGA has received at home in a game this season, so that's not surprising.

updated card
    4* UAB -3
    3* Notre Dame -1'
    3* Charlotte/Rhode Island 1H under 71
    3* Georgia +8

will have to think on that UGA 1H more. BOL to all tonight.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

NIce card, and GL

UAB is better than Memphis to me. But I cant bet on a Mike Davis coached team. Everytime they zoom in on him he never gives me any confidence in him. Pretty depressing.

BiffTFinancial

thanks, houli. i know what you mean about Mike Davis. it's sort of like putting money on the Cowboys then watching Wade Phillips run around like he just got called to come on down on the Price is Right after a big play, like he was so completely surprised that something he did worked.

that said, having witnessed Davis' failures at IU, he appears to be a better and more in-control coach now (though i remember how overwhelmed he was at IU at the end of his final season). it's not as if he's suddenly Izzo or Gary Williams, but this is a huge game for him. UAB lost at Memphis with 19 TOs in one of their worst defensive performances of the season while Memphis made 25-28 FTs. Davis has had a month to figure out how to get a better performance out of his team in what is essentially a must-win, and i'm counting on 30 days being enough time for him. well, that and the fact that Memphis is pretty miserable ATS and the number is small.

BiffTFinancial

updated card
    4* UAB -3
    3* Notre Dame -1'
    3* Charlotte/Rhode Island 1H under 71 - WINNER (54)
    3* Georgia +8

Charlotte slowed it down on almost every possession. stopping myself from taking UConn/ND 2H over 72'. UGA 1H +4' looks good too. let's just see if the Irish can take care of business.

capri5421

UCONN looked terrible, LOL. Irish pull it out. I'm pulling for you with your picks, UAB game justed tipped, I got it on. Good luck brother.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by capri5421 View Post
    UCONN looked terrible, LOL. Irish pull it out. I'm pulling for you with your picks, UAB game justed tipped, I got it on. Good luck brother.
    thanks, capri. Irish got it done, but you're right, UConn looked horrible. UGA getting run early 2H (1H covered by the hook) but they have time. go blazers.

capri5421

I'm watching all your games, you look good.
    good luck.

BiffTFinancial

updated card
    4* UAB -3
    3* Notre Dame -1' - WINNER
    3* Georgia +8 - LOSER

2-1 +2.7u. cmon, UAB. pull yourselves together.

BiffTFinancial

updated card
    4* UAB -3 - LOSER
    3* Notre Dame -1' - WINNER
    3* Georgia +8 - LOSER

2-2 -1.7u.

UAB game was a pretty strong indictment of Mike Davis' coaching "abilities" after all. UAB's 32% FG% and 3-24 3-point shooting were the primary culprits, but a good coach could've made adjustments to get his team through on a night when they're shooting poorly.

capri5421

UAB totally didn't show up, terrible loss for them. I guess Kentucky was a little to strong. Sorry for you loss. But you know what today is a NEW day. Other than my Richmond play, I'm looking at Washington/Oregon UNDER 144. I will let you know. I'll tell you this, Washington is the worst road team in D1. There lucky to score 50 points tonite. LOL. Good luck to you.

BiffTFinancial

thanks capri. oh well. UAB shooting was atrocious, though to be fair, Memphis' defense deserves some credit. was on fire for most of February, then last 10 days have been rough. time to get things headed back in the right direction.

will cap the UW/Oregon game at lunch. gotta like the fact that LT is already on it.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 03-04-10 at 09:39 AM.