TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

New Blog (Truth Behind "Trap" Games)

As I check SBR this afternoon, I see many uneasy bettors wondering why Villanova is only giving 3.5 points at Cincy or why USF is only giving 2.5 points to DePaul. The fact of the matter is that these lines are pretty accurate. On a neutral floor, would you back Villanova -8.5 against Cincinnati? Would you back Villanova -13.5 at home against the same Cincinnati team? If the answer is no, then the game in question is hardly a trap. In college basketball, the universal point spread advantage for home court is 5 points. On a neutral floor, you would add 5 points to the road team to get the correct line. I, like many others used to believe in these "traps" but the truth is that traps don't exist. For every game, there is a VERY logicial explanation or formula for the lines that the makers come out with. Another tip I'd like to share is that games that the public view as traps, usually end VERY close to the opening line. I myself am thinking of a teaser involing Villanova and South Florida, maybe even a ML parlay

bigbank
    bigbank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

good job breaking it down. I to love ML parlay.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Nova covered and USF is up 3 with like a minute left. "Trap" games tend to always be VERY well lined in the end.

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

I think its more people creating the trap because they think "WOW of course nova will cover 3 points!" so in a way its a trap but you definitely know what you're doing in terms of lines and capping games.