pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Can Furman pull off the upset tonight?

Was looking at the lines and I seen LSU is a -8.5 fav against a 12-0 24th ranked Furman squad... I have watched both teams play a couple times this year and I’m not sure the tigers are that much better if at all than Furman!!! Thoughts?
    Points Awarded:

castlegreyskull gave pinnacle420 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

yes ...

One of the most important home non-conference games in over a decade will be played Friday in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center when undefeated and nationally-ranked Furman comes calling for a 7 p.m. tip.The Paladins are 12-0 and ranked No. 24 in the Associated Press media poll and No. 25 in the USA Today coaches’ poll. Furman has also won its last eight true road contests. It was the first team in the country to reach 12 wins and is one of only nine unbeaten teams remaining in NCAA Division I.
    "To get an opportunity to play a top 25 team at home in the non-conference schedule is a big deal," LSU coach Will Wade said. "They're a very good team. They are certainly deserving of their top 25 ranking."
    Furman is coached by Bob Richey, a New Orleans native and old friend of Wade.
    "I was joking with him the other day and told him I wouldn't have scheduled the game if if I knew they'd be this good," Wade said.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Yep drew was thinking so too!!!!

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

im not buying furman

yea, they beat villanova

but a 2 point win at home vs gadner-webb?... 2 point win at loyola chi (no clue how many they lost), 2 point win at home vs western carolina, 5point win at home vs charleston southern???

no thanks

ill take LSU 1h instead of worrying about a backdoor cover

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Take the number

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Yes they are good but the line is fuked seems 2 good to be true to grab the 9 points

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Why Texas laying -9 against providence weird lines

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

A lot of weird lines. Texas, LSU, and Northwestern seem like nice plays if you like fading weird and public lines.

Altuve Cedeno
    Altuve Cedeno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8266

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    im not buying furman

yea, they beat villanova

but a 2 point win at home vs gadner-webb?... 2 point win at loyola chi (no clue how many they lost), 2 point win at home vs western carolina, 5point win at home vs charleston southern???

no thanks

Battle tested winning all those close games...plus the point# tonight for sure. First hal money line also on Furman.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Altuve Cedeno View Post
    Battle tested winning all those close games...plus the point# tonight for sure. First hal money line also on Furman.
    maybe some of those games were in a Thanksgiving tournament so not home (im not looking each game up)...but i wouldnt call those wins as battle tested

villanova was 24/71 from the field that game...its why they lost

RudyRuetigger

no team had a worse field goal percentage than villanova (33.8%)

that includes:

BobJones University (42.6%), NorthGreenville (44.6%), and Southern Wesleyan (40.4%)

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

They will lose handily.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im not buying furman

yea, they beat villanova

no thanks

I have a tough time buying LSU at hoops, feel like they get overrated quite often and usually kinda suck. That said furman has done nothing impressive imo, they have played the 325th ranked schedule so I’d say their numbers incredibly fraudulent, and fact they ranked a fukkin joke. They a top 25 team and sooners are not? Yea fukkin right, look at sooners schedule and resume!! Anyone ranking furman above okla or a bunch of other teams for that matter doesn’t know jack shit about hoops!! Kenpom has the 95 which far closer to accurate than that bogus number next to their names., if wasn’t for fact I didn’t like LSU I’d be with you, def will be looking for a spot to fade them against a team I trust. This one a pass for me.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I have a tough time buying LSU at hoops, feel like they get overrated quite often and usually kinda suck. That said furman has done nothing impressive imo, they have played the 325th ranked schedule so I’d say their numbers incredibly fraudulent, and fact they ranked a fukkin joke. They a top 25 team and sooners are not? Yea fukkin right, look at sooners schedule and resume!! Anyone ranking furman above okla or a bunch of other teams for that matter doesn’t know jack shit about hoops!! Kenpom has the 95 which far closer to accurate than that bogus number next to their names., if wasn’t for fact I didn’t like LSU I’d be with you, def will be looking for a spot to fade them against a team I trust. This one a pass for me.
    what makes this year different??

LSU was ranked 4th in recruiting for 2018 season

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

what makes this year different??

LSU was ranked 4th in recruiting for 2018 season
    I know, they always have players. They just never seem to live up to the hype, maybe poor coaching? They never play big time defense which for me what makes a team consistently good, flashy offenses cant always be on, defense can win ya a lot of games when you not making shots.

I think you correct looking to fade furman, like I said they look like absolute frauds far as being a top 25 team to me. Beating a nova team who playing like straight ass doesn’t mean much to me, and outside that nova game furman has played a whole bunch of cup cakes! Can’t even trust their numbers due to such a weak schedule imo.

I think LSU def more talented, just don’t trust them. Imo there better games to pick from than a game involving a overrated team vs a inconsistent one., think you on right side tho,, gl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LSU has rarely ever been good in basketball

Men do the research

bettingman6
    bettingman6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

I was thinking of betting on Furman. Good thing I didn’t.