Artichokes13
    Artichokes13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

Artichokes 2018-2019 CBB

I wanted to start keeping track of my bets. Feel free to comment whatever. I love talking hoops.
    Ball State -6**
    The cardinals return the whole starting unit plus they added transfer KJ Walton to the mix (15.1PPG). This offensive-centric team is one of the better ones in putting the ball in the hoop. They are 6-3 with one of the toughest schedules in all NCCAB so far. Basically I am saying they are the real deal. Already beat Evansville by 10 this year. Evansville shot above their averages in FGs that game. Expect them to come back to earth a little bit.

Artichokes13

Arizona +3**
    The better team with the points. Cross country trip for the Wildcats, but they are a better defensive squad. Defense travels. Also, they are better at Offense too. Frankly I just think UofA is better in every category, plus Chase Jeter, Duke transfer, can straight hoop. The final verdict for me was Arizona is a way better team at the charity strike and Alabama averages near 20 fouls a game

Artichokes13

Already seeing Ball State line go down. I will hit again if it gets to -4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichokes13 View Post
    I wanted to start keeping track of my bets. Feel free to comment whatever. I love talking hoops.
    Ball State -6**
    The cardinals return the whole starting unit plus they added transfer KJ Walton to the mix (15.1PPG). This offensive-centric team is one of the better ones in putting the ball in the hoop. They are 6-3 with one of the toughest schedules in all NCCAB so far. Basically I am saying they are the real deal. Already beat Evansville by 10 this year. Evansville shot above their averages in FGs that game. Expect them to come back to earth a little bit.

Artichokes13

LSU -26*
    Incarnate Word is a bottom 10 team in the whole country. LSU will have a good shot at the field of 64. So if you go off that there are about 300 teams in between them via the talent gap. This is basically P5 v DII so I will lay the points.

Artichokes13

San Diego -18
    Team is the real deal on both ends of the court and well Northridge sucks. Thats it.

Artichokes13

1-2-1 YTD

Hit UofA 2nd half to make it a push of a day
    Ball State- Gave up 30-4 run. Cant let that happen.
    UofA- Down 22 in the 1st half, but made it competive. Actually had a chance to win
    LSU- Whoever made Incarnate Words schedule isnt the nicest person
    San Diego- up 22 with a 1:42 left.... Backdoor cover for Northridge

Artichokes13

Hofstra @ Manhattan Under 132.5

Small play. I do not really do over unders but Manhattan cannot put the ball in the bucket. 53 PPG and 345/353 in pace of play. However, they rate 90-150 in Defensive efficiency and rating. Hoping they can slow down a good Hofstra offense who also plays at a slower rate. Last year they won 63-61.....so my assumptions is even with late game fouls and FTs they still didnt crack 130 as a collective unit. Still just a small cash play. Not a great card at all tonight. Hopefully tomorrow has one or two games worth playing.

Artichokes13

2-2-1 ytd

Manhattan did what they did best in not scoring, however they got torched by Hofstra. That team just flat out is not very good at hoops. Anywho a cover is a cover.
    Points Awarded:

jimmycage gave Artichokes13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Artichokes13

Colorado -5

I like the buffalos here even though they are traveling to the Pitt. Top scorer Mckinley Wright IV as well as a couple of other key pieces from last years team. Even though they are without their top big man from last year the Buffs are a top 100 team in both defensive efficiency and defensive adjusted rating. It also helps that the Buffs can score too. I also like the fact that Colorado is way more efficient on the boards. I like Colorado to come into the Pitt and pull away in the 2nd half to cover the 5.

Artichokes13

Fordham -3

5-0 at home this year. Just took down an above average Rutgers team as well. They are lead by two freshman guards and a couple of transfers. I like Fordham to pace this game and win on the boards. NJIT has some good shooters so I believe it will be won on guard play, however I give Fordham the edge with it being in their own backyard and with them having a slight rebounding edge.

Artichokes13

Liberty -20

This is Richie McKays best team since he has been the HC at Liberty. They legit returned everyone from last years 22 win team. They have won every home game this year by 22+ and I dont see this trend changing against one of the worst teams in the Country with SC State. To put it into perspective they beat the lowly Alcorn State team by 22 and a pretty decent Georgia State team by 26.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

GL tonight Arti

Artichokes13

Thanks, man! 2-2 day. Forgot to put in NY st. Francis

Artichokes13

St Francis NY -3

they have played 6 of their last 7 games on the road. Back home for awhile and they are gonna enjoy being back at their own school for awhile. Umass isnt that much better either plus they struggle on the road. I will lay the 3

** I forgot to put this one in as it was a super late play**

Artichokes13

4-4-1 YTD

St Francis NY- blew a 12 point lead half way through the 2nd half but they dug deep and played some really good defense to close out the game. FTs became an issue but they held them off late to cover the spread by a few

Liberty- They just kicked the shit out of SC state. I thought 20 was a weird number mainly because they have won every home game by 22+ and SC state was the worst defense they have faced all year

Fordham- Missed their last 7 shots. had 48 points at 5:53 marker and didnt score again until :13 marker. That being said they only lost like 53-50 so kind of impressive. They just needed one of those late 3s to go (0-7) and they could of easily covered

Colorado- Turnovers KILLED them. down 9 at the half I hit** them 2H -5.5. I had confidence they would come back and if it was for two late threes they would of covered both game and 2nd half. They didn't seem prepared at all to start but really found themselves second half.

Artichokes13

Lipscomb +11.5

Chris Mack is doing a fine job over at Louisville, however Casey Alexanders Bison squad is senior lead and poised to make a name for themselves in March. I have been on this team before and they did not just cover the spread, but they destroyed it. Now I don't think they can walk into the KFC Yum! center and win outright, but I believe Alexander will have his squad ready to fight for 40 minutes. I expect a close game throughout and Lip to cover the double digit spread.

Artichokes13

Houston -3

This is a team I love to cover just 3 points. When it opened at 6.5 I wasnt so bullish on the Cougs, but I see a good value at just -3. I love Javonte Smart and Tremont Waters as much as the next guy, but the Cougs are just breaking in their new stadium and I think their student section is going to be live tonight. It also doesnt hurt that the Cougs have a better defense in every equated category and have a slight rebounding edge even though they dont have the size LSU has. If Houston can make their 3s often and win the rebounding battle I like them to cover the -3.

Artichokes13

Murray St +2.5

The racers have one of the best young players in the Country in Ja Morant and LeRoy Buchanan and Tevin Brown can hoop too. I like the Southern Illinois team and they return just about everyone from last year, but Murray has been a defensive force this year. I expect Murray to own the glass and TO battle and come away with a W. Furthermore, Murray Kentucky is about a two hour drive to SIU so it is not like they are going far.

Artichokes13

Umass +10
    Hartford -5.5
    *Late adds that I was unable to get into the thread last night.*
    Hartford had a bad Bryant team so I was going to be on Hartford regardless I just was hoping the line would tip to 5 before tipoff, but it didnt so I had to settle for 5.5

Umass was a tail of both KDF and DOM. I checked it before and really thought 10 was a lot but was unable to pull the trigger. When I saw other guys on SBR taking Umass I said screw it. So thanks to those guys. They are good at what they do

Artichokes13

9-4-1 YTD

Hartford- Even though Hartford historically had struggled with Bryant I figured this was a good opportunity to ride with em as just 5 point favorites. Bryant won 3 games last year (beat Hartford at their place) and seem to be on pace for another tough season. Hartford dropped 90 and took this game easy.

Umass- Complete tail. Never doubted in 40 minutes they could cover the 10. Thanks DOM and KDF

Murray St- JA MORANT

Houston- Won the rebounding battle. Came back from 15 down and over the course of 40 minutes were able to correct their off shooting night and shoot over 40% from the field.

Lipscomb- Tough team. They will be around come March. Wish they won because I like this team but Coach Alexander must be proud of how his team fought in such a hostile arena.

Artichokes13

Boston +2

I like the Terriers to go to Dartmouth and win outright. This Boston team is 100th in Defensive rating and 120th in adjusted defensive rating. Dartmouth is 190th in Defensive rating and about 240 in adjusted defense. That being said Dartmouth makes their money shooting the longball with efficiency. This BU team starts a 6-5 G and a 6-7 guard and is deep at the forward position. I expect the, to get their hands up and play good defense. What worries me about BU is turnovers but if they can keep it close in that category I expect them to cause troubles for Dartmouth on the offensive side of the ball and lean on their bigs to score down low.

Artichokes13

Samford -6

Value pick here. At -6 (-110) I jumped on this because of value. Furthermore, I like Samford to dominate the glass and get to the line early. They are a good FT shooting team while Morehead St. struggles from the charity strike. Samford is a team that fouls a little to much, but i will take it if they play the better defense.

Artichokes13

Wisconsin -21 1H

Taking a page out of the TTU playbook and playing the big spread 1H only. I have just recently gotten into big spread and I am 2-1 so far. My only lose was SD didn't cover the -18 v Northridge. However, they were up 16 at the break and 24 in the 2H they just took their foot off the gas and Northridge kept pushing the ball up court for easy buckets late. I saw with the TTU game (-37) that they were up 35 at the break and still didn't cover. So with all that being said and Savannah State barely playing defense at all 350th out of 353 in defensive efficiency I could see a 45-20 halftime lead for the badgers

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Best of luck

Artichokes13

Thank you kind sir

Artichokes13

New Orleans +13

a tail of Ayo and KDF.

Artichokes13

11-6-1

Did not see any of the actions but I will still try and write a conclusion of my thoughts regarding the games

Wisco-I like taking the 1H of these big game spreads. Especially against these terrible defenses.

Samford- Saw they trailed most the game and when I checked back they were up 8 in OT. last second 3 by Morehead State crushed em, but good for Sam for even getting in that position.

New Orleans-Nice 2H for this New Orleans squad. Ayo is on FIRE. and KDF with a nice bounce back with a sweep of 4 games Wednesday and a nice day Thursday.

Boston- Only checked twice but they never lead. Also, have no statistical data on how they fared v Dartmouth.

Artichokes13

Green Bay +18

I got this game late last night and I see the spread is already down to +15. This is a Green Bay team that averages 38 boards a game compared to Creightons 32. Also, Green Bay has a DRtg of 106 compared to Creighton at 320. Now I know Creighton can score and are extremely efficient when it comes to AdjO/ORtg/3P%/, but Green Bay has a top scorer in their own right (Sandy Cohen) who was a former ESPN top recruit. I dont expect Green Bay to play stellar defense for 40 minutes, but if they can make things a little difficult for McDermotts squad I expect Green Bay to fight and not get blown out here.

Artichokes13

Florida Atlantic +1.5 and ML

Defense Defense Defense. Now FAU may be without one of their better players, the Mississippi State transfer Xavian Sampson, but I still expect Arkansas State to win this game off of defense and veteran leadership

Artichokes13

11-8-1 YTD

HAVENT WON A FRIDAY GAME IN A MINUTE

FAU- 5 point lead in OT. Terrible clock management and awful foul to send it into 2OT. Shot 28% for the game so I dont think they ever deserved to win

Green Bay- 28-11 run to end the game. Three 3-point shots on last possession and they all missed. If one of em goes in we have a push. Oh well, it happens

Artichokes13

UC Santa Barbara -5.5

Artichokes13

Arizona -6.5

Artichokes13

Old Dominion +10