thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Villanova

I like Villanova at -7. Michigan is replacing 3 key players from their team last year and their point guard struggles to shoot. Villanova has several key returning players who are seniors and they had a top recruiting class. Villanova has struggled in slower tempo games against teams like Butler, but Michigan plays fast andMichigan hasn't been the same team on the road the last couple years, and I think that will continue this year.

thomorino

1-0 to start the college basketball season after hitting with Wisconsin.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1999

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    1-0 to start the college basketball season after hitting with Wisconsin.
    You know when to be on or off the Big10. Bol morino- you do your homework.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Villanova lost their 4 best players. They’re still a solid team but they lost more key players than Michigan did.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Villanova lost their 4 best players. They’re still a solid team but they lost more key players than Michigan did.
    Villanova is a system, Michigan is not, Villanova will start 3 seniors, Michigan is the much younger and less talented team.

t-wizzle

Villanova is a system, Michigan is not, Villanova will start 3 seniors, Michigan is the much younger and less talented team.
    You’ll need to explain this one. What makes Villanova a system but Michigan not? By all accounts, Beilein has been able to plug guys in every year and exceed expectations pretty much every time.

thomorino

You’ll need to explain this one. What makes Villanova a system but Michigan not? By all accounts, Beilein has been able to plug guys in every year and exceed expectations pretty much every time.
    How many national titles does Belein have - zero - Jay Wright has won more with less talent. Look at the Villanova players who have gone pro, none of them are as talented as the best players Michigan has had with Belien, Lavert, Hardaway. Villanova's players are system players, the best player on the national championship team a couple years ago, Archidianacano, averages less than 5 points a game in hte NBA. Belien recruits better and is a good defensive coach but their offense isn't anywhere near as good as Villanova's, Wright is a better coach than Belien.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’ll take the points here, Marino does do the research though but I don’t know if it equates to winning and losing

thomorino

Michigan was also horrible on the road last year.

t-wizzle

How many national titles does Belein have - zero - Jay Wright has won more with less talent. Look at the Villanova players who have gone pro, none of them are as talented as the best players Michigan has had with Belien, Lavert, Hardaway. Villanova's players are system players, the best player on the national championship team a couple years ago, Archidianacano, averages less than 5 points a game in hte NBA. Belien recruits better and is a good defensive coach but their offense isn't anywhere near as good as Villanova's, Wright is a better coach than Belien.
    This is so misguided. Wow.

National titles are not the only measure of success. Michigan has reached the final twice in the last 5 years. Apparently that isn’t worth anything to you.

Michigan does not recruit better than Villanova. Nova consistently recruits good classes year in and year out. I agree they have a great system but to paint Michigan as this powerhouse recruiting program and Villanova as some mid major is pretty outlandish.

thomorino

This is so misguided. Wow.

National titles are not the only measure of success. Michigan has reached the final twice in the last 5 years. Apparently that isn’t worth anything to you.

Michigan does not recruit better than Villanova. Nova consistently recruits good classes year in and year out. I agree they have a great system but to paint Michigan as this powerhouse recruiting program and Villanova as some mid major is pretty outlandish.
    Is English you second language, I said Villanova recruits well - that's a big part of the reason I'm betting them, but Wright is a much better coach than Belien. Belein's offense are stale isolation sets with minimal ball movement, Villanova is a class above Michigan and they've been that way most of the last 5 years.

Look at the players Villanova has sent to the NBA - Hart, Brunson, Archidiacano, Spellman, Bridges Divenceco.

Look at the player Michigan has sent to the NBA - Lavert, Hardaway, Trey Burke

Michigan gets the better players, Villanova is better almost every year.

thomorino

There is no possible way you can watch Villanova's offense and watch Michigan's offense and think Belien is as good of a coach as Wright, Villanova's offense is far more impressive, better sets, better ball movement, why Wright has 2 national titles, Belien zero - evne Belien has coached nearly twice as long.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Wow
    A meeting of the minds
    Two of the biggest SBR mushes in a debate
    Twizzles and morono

Must see tv

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Wow
    A meeting of the minds
    Twizzles and morono

Must see tv
    Fuk off

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28974

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Wow
    A meeting of the minds
    Twizzles and morono

Must see tv

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Fuk off

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Michigan was also horrible on the road last year.
    6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games?

t-wizzle

Is English you second language, I said Villanova recruits well - that's a big part of the reason I'm betting them, but Wright is a much better coach than Belien. Belein's offense are stale isolation sets with minimal ball movement, Villanova is a class above Michigan and they've been that way most of the last 5 years.

Look at the players Villanova has sent to the NBA - Hart, Brunson, Archidiacano, Spellman, Bridges Divenceco.

Look at the player Michigan has sent to the NBA - Lavert, Hardaway, Trey Burke

Michigan gets the better players, Villanova is better almost every year.
    So in one breath, you say Michigan outrecruits Nova and proceed to criticize Nova’s talent. Then you say Nova’s talent is a big reason why you’re betting them.

Incredible. Good luck on the play man.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games?
    They weren't good on the road most of the year.

thomorino

So in one breath, you say Michigan outrecruits Nova and proceed to criticize Nova’s talent. Then you say Nova’s talent is a big reason why you’re betting them.

Incredible. Good luck on the play man.
    I never criticized Nova's talent, I said they don't get top level NBA talent, they recruit system players. I think you need to take some English classes. Michigan has sent far better players to the NBA - not even close.

jjgold

The bottom line is it’s a coin flip as far as the pointspread it’s a 50% chance of winning even betting blind

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

No real analysis in here.
    All your preaching about is recruiting and systems. Not actual players who will be playing.
    This two teams have had recruiting classes separated by 5 ranking spots either way in the last 4 years.
    No real big gap between classes.

They both have a REALLY good senior leader. Charles Matthews and Phil Booth.
    Paschall a much better second option than Michigan's second option.
    Villanova has more quality depth at this point in the season in my opinion.

I'd take the points if I was playing this because these teams are very similar at this point in the season. Home court worth 3-4 points. And I'd say Nova depth worth 2-3 points. So line is just about right.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

They weren't good on the road most of the year.
    LOL.
    Losses at UNC, Ohio State, Purdue, nebraska and northwestern. Wow. How dare they lose road conference games in a notoriously difficult conference. And then to North Carolina on the road..

thomorino

No real analysis in here.
    All your preaching about is recruiting and systems. Not actual players who will be playing.
    This two teams have had recruiting classes separated by 5 ranking spots either way in the last 4 years.
    No real big gap between classes.

They both have a REALLY good senior leader. Charles Matthews and Phil Booth.
    Paschall a much better second option than Michigan's second option.
    Villanova has more quality depth at this point in the season in my opinion.

I'd take the points if I was playing this because these teams are very similar at this point in the season. Home court worth 3-4 points. And I'd say Nova depth worth 2-3 points. So line is just about right.
    I guess you missed the national championship game where Villanova destroyed Michigan. Villanova has the far superior system and is much better coached. Villanova wants to play fast, they will get they style they want here because Michigan likes to run as well. Mathews is not the leader, Walton is, and Walton can't shoot at all, which is the problem, Villanova has much better shooting, they recruit very well for their system.

thomorino

LOL.
    Losses at UNC, Ohio State, Purdue, nebraska and northwestern. Wow. How dare they lose road conference games in a notoriously difficult conference. And then to North Carolina on the road..
    Michigan was a bad road team in the regular season, they lost by double digits and were blownout in multiple games. They got destroyed by UNC and lost by nearly double digits to a bad Northwestern team. They lost by nearly double digits to Ohio State as well. Their road wins were against overrated teams like Michigan State.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I guess you missed the national championship game where Villanova destroyed Michigan. Villanova has the far superior system and is much better coached. Villanova wants to play fast, they will get they style they want here because Michigan likes to run as well. Mathews is not the leader, Walton is, and Walton can't shoot at all, which is the problem, Villanova has much better shooting, they recruit very well for their system.
    Who..................

t-wizzle

Villanova had better players last year in the national title game. Bottom line. This isn’t about “system” or anything like that.

Nova lost their 4 best players. Booth and Paschall are solid but this is a transition year for the Wildcats. They have two good freshmen in Bey and Quinerly. Look for those two to eventually play an important role on this team. For now, I see a slight edge to Nova in terms of talent combined with home court advantage. The line seems about right.

thomorino

Who..................
    I meant Sampson, don't care

thomorino

Villanova had better players last year in the national title game. Bottom line. This isn’t about “system” or anything like that.

Nova lost their 4 best players. Booth and Paschall are solid but this is a transition year for the Wildcats. They have two good freshmen in Bey and Quinerly. Look for those two to eventually play an important role on this team. For now, I see a slight edge to Nova in terms of talent combined with home court advantage. The line seems about right.
    Villanova did not have far better players. Villanova's best player Brunson, was a 2nd round pick. Villanova was the much better team, they had the better system.

t-wizzle

Walton hasn’t been on the team in 2 years.

Whatever credibility you had (probably not much) is now gone.

t-wizzle

Villanova did not have far better players. Villanova's best player Brunson, was a 2nd round pick. Villanova was the much better team, they had the better system.
    Bridges was a lottery pick.

Brunson, Divincenzo and Spellman all went in the first round.

Dude you really need to throw up the white flag here. This is pathetic.

jjgold

Wizzle sharper than Morino
    Tougher too

thomorino

Walton hasn’t been on the team in 2 years.

Whatever credibility you had (probably not much) is now gone.
    LMAO, I watch all the games, I got the name confused, get lost. Your take that Villanova has far better players than Michigan is horrendous, Villanova didn't have a single pick in the top 20 other than Bridges, who is a system player.

thomorino

Bridges was a lottery pick.

Brunson, Divincenzo and Spellman all went in the first round.

Dude you really need to throw up the white flag here. This is pathetic.
    Brunson was their best player and he barely made an NBA roster, don't care. Michigan had enough talent to be competitive with Villanova, they got destroyed.

t-wizzle

LMAO, I watch all the games, I got the name confused, get lost. Your take that Villanova has far better players than Michigan is horrendous, Villanova didn't have a single pick in the top 20 other than Bridges, who is a system player.
    Wrong again. Brunson went 17th.

Keep digging yourself deeper into that hole.

1234 Last