Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Villanova vs Michigan Basketball Today

These relative warm-up games at the beginning of the season don’t tell us much about a team’s potential, but it’s clear Michigan has a pretty deep roster of scorers and can spread the ball around pretty well.
    As for Villanova, this is their first game against a ranked opponent; they won’t get another shot until Kansas in mid-December as things stand right now. We’re going to see plenty of fireworks in this game and it’ll be a must-watch matchup. I was going to give a slight advantage to an at-home and well-rounded Villanova, but this one could go either way and I’m staying back. With that thick line, I think Michigan can get in there.
    Bookies not giving much respect to Michigan. I think Wolverines can cover +7.5 spread. What ya think?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

I dont know what to think. Both these teams lost a ton of talent from last season and shouldn't be ranked as high as they are. Michigan is only capable of playing seven guys right now and have only two returning starters from last season. Their two most active guys are terrible free throw shooters who aren't killers from three either. They do look to have another good defensive team. I'm only worried about the freshman who plays the 4 for Michigan. I'm not sure how good he will be from that end of the floor. Its been only two games so far, but I see Michigan right now as barely making the tournament and almost a rebuilding year based on their roster and comparing them to past Michigan teams who have done well.

Think you might want to take a look at the under in this game because Nova lost a lot of guys as well and unlike last year where there were times when they had 5 guys on the floor who could all hit it from three, they don't have that this year. They do have a few shooters but nothing like last season. Don't think they have the guys who can really break you off the bounce either or post and score like Brunson did so well last year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all over Michigan

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    all over Michigan
    Nova it is! Thanks JJ

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

+7.5 here locked in

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Michigan will cover. Possibly win.

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

B1G. Wolverines +7.5

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Villanova -7 -108 vs Michigan

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

This is the game where it's best to bet during live play. First 10 minutes will say a lot.

JayandCaitti
    JayandCaitti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Villanova by 13-20 points .

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    This is the game where it's best to bet during live play. First 10 minutes will say a lot.

I understand your theory regarding live play. But first half and second half of matches can be drastically different. The first 10 minutes could be completely meaningless to how a game could pan out.

Take for example my play the other evening. Middle Tenn st was an 8.5 underdog which were leading at the half by 8( 54-46)

Then the second half came along and they were out scored 41 to 18 by Belmont. That’s an incredible swing, and it happens often.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

John Beilein previews Villanova. Not sure if coach is a little sick, but he doesn't sound confident.

https://umhoops.com/2018/11/13/video...anova-rematch/