Evolution
    Evolution's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appalachian State tonight

Lots of posts about Elon at home, so I want to visit the other side. Appalachian State has played some good ball in the Southern conference this year. They have won 5 of there last 6. They lost 2 games ago to Charleston on the road who leads the division.

Elon has played some close games and is on a 2 game winning streak. They have lost closely to some good teams in there conference (Charleston by 3). But, they have also been blown out by some teams as well (App State and Wofford).

On paper, a lot of people might consider the home team and the points. Here is why I say no. App. State can still win the North. They lead Western Carolina by a game and a half. If they lose here and W. Carolina wins there next game, we essentially have a tie. The race in the north is by no means over. They want seeding for there conference tournament and a chance to go to the big dance. Elon is pretty much done for the year.

Additionally, App State beat Elon 89-65 at home earlier in the year. I understand this was a month ago at App State, but that is solid win. I see the spread at 4.5 points and I am taking App. State and am thinking an 8 point win in a close game up until the last 5-7 minutes. For those that think a team becomes "due" for a lose (still not sure if I agree or disagree with this theory), App State lost 2 games ago to Charleston, so that is out of the way.

Additional Trend Stats (for those that like this)

Key stats I take away are how good App State has played against the spread lately and in the division. Elon has faired well, but in the underdog category, they have not faired well.

Appalachian St.
    • Mountaineers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite.
    • Mountaineers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.
    • Mountaineers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
    • Mountaineers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
    • Mountaineers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
    • Mountaineers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. Southern.
    • Mountaineers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.

Elon University
    • Phoenix are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
    • Phoenix are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
    • Phoenix are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    • Phoenix are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Southern.
    • Phoenix are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
    • Phoenix are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
    • Phoenix are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog of 0.5-6.5.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not sure how Elon season is any more done than App st? they both in the same boat as every year, gotta win conf tourney to make the dance.....honestly you lose me with every thread you start when you start shooting out those meaningless trends....small play on Elon for me....gl tonight

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I wouldn't play this game with your money, let alone mine.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Watch out Mr. Lang is on App.

jimmyg2727
    jimmyg2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can go get AppST at 3.5 now. haha goodluck I'll stick with my Elon +5..for 1 unit

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg2727 View Post
    You can go get AppST at 3.5 now. haha goodluck I'll stick with my Elon +5..for 1 unit
    Elon ML is a good play!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Elon ML is a good play!
    Elon's 8-19 and App State ran them over by 24 the first time around.

They might cover and I suppose could even win, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "good play."

Anyway, BOL.

Evolution

Money in da bank. I don't rip on your threads. I give you my rationale, then I include the trends. A lot of people like them. I don't necessarily use them myself, I just include them. I'm not ripping on your thoughts. I'd appreciate it if you didn't hop around and rip on mine.

Just like you see an easy ELON cover, I see App state getting a good win to keep the lead in the North. That was all. Good luck tonight.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Elon's 8-19 and App State ran them over by 24 the first time around.

They might cover and I suppose could even win, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "good play."

Anyway, BOL.

its always a good play when you get a team that was ran over the 1st meeting and now every1 is on the teams jock that did the running over the 1st time

Evolution

Oh, and of course no one is right all the time. So, take what I post for what it is worth.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    its always a good play when you get a team that was ran over the 1st meeting and now every1 is on the teams jock that did the running over the 1st time
    I'd say there are plenty of peeps on Elon, judging by the comments here and the line movement.

I know there's a revenge factor and all, but Elon is simply not very good. I'd feel like an idiot if I played them and lost. Again, BOL, Bank.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Money in da bank. I don't rip on your threads. I give you my rationale, then I include the trends. A lot of people like them. I don't necessarily use them myself, I just include them. I'm not ripping on your thoughts. I'd appreciate it if you didn't hop around and rip on mine.

Just like you see an easy ELON cover, I see App state getting a good win to keep the lead in the North. That was all. Good luck tonight.
    1st off i never see anything as "easy" and i wasnt ripping on your thread...im just saying that you seem to like to throw out trends that mean little to nothing to support your argument...those are not thoughts, not once did i rip anything you said so dont start nothing wont be nothing......gl

ojs69
    ojs69's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Tonight Evolution

Evolution

Cool. No problem then. My arguement was winning the north title for a better seed in the conference tournament and that App State is the better team at this time. Again, I put the trends in because some people seem to want to see how they faired against the trends. Its not for everyone.

2daBank

sure they are absolutely the better team but elon has played a lot of teams in this conf tough and wouldnt surprise me if the same happened tonight ...glad i got it earlier as it still falling...gl tonight

jimmyg2727

Elon played another close game like we said... good call guys. hopefully we all got in at the right number and won. I had Elon +5 but I know alot got App St at -3.5 and won too.

2daBank

Elon played another close game like we said... good call guys. hopefully we all got in at the right number and won. I had Elon +5 but I know alot got App St at -3.5 and won too.
    what was the final? cbs is stuck with 17 seconds left.....i got +4.5 am i good?

jimmyg2727

58-54 App st

2daBank

58-54 app st

nice

sportsfan2009
    Braves Runline -1.5 (+127)
    sportsfan2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Wow....glad I got the -3.5

Evolution

Yup. I waited and ended up at - 3.5 as well. Worked great for everyone. Wish I would not have gotten talked out of UConn by a friend. I stayed away from the game. They looked good.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

mr brandon lang was on chicago and ap state...................

Ace333
    Cashin tickets!
    Ace333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4717

I took App -4. Push. Wont complain. It was last minute take, and at least was not a loss. Hit my Uconn bet though!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Yup. I waited and ended up at - 3.5 as well. Worked great for everyone. Wish I would not have gotten talked out of UConn by a friend. I stayed away from the game. They looked good.

glad it worked out for everybody...you know books hate games like that