awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm never doing parlays again!!!

I've been broke since losing on the Colts in the Superbowl and I've been messing around (for fun not real money) with between 8 or 9 point teasers in basketball since then doing about 7 games on average and I have been hitting these like crazy.It's takes an act of god to consistently hit parlays,usually 3 teams.Parlays suck and just shrink my bankroll.Well me a my brother today played one for fun today a 15 team 8.5 point teaser and wouldn't you know it we would of hit it.It would of payed $1750 if you wagered $100 on it.I also hit 3 7 team 8.5 point teasers also.I've lost so much money on parlays and I'm sick of playing them.Teasers are the way to go,period.I book with 5Dimes which is the only book that offers a wide variety of teasers.I'm man enough to say I suck at parlays,but I can win on teasers and I know these teams well enough so 8-9 points helps a lot.Winning money is why I do this and I need all the help I can get and I feel like I have a better shot at winning 7 games teased 8-9 points then a 2 or 3 team parlay any day.The goal is to win money not flush it down the toilet on parlays.That's my story on why parlays suck and teasers don't.
    Points Awarded:

Quagmire27 gave awholelottalumps 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Glitch gave awholelottalumps 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Well, parlays do suck, but not necessarily in relation to teasers, they suck all by themselves. I went 6-1 today/tonight. 20 years ago, that would've likely been a heartbreaker 7 team parlay, horrible experience, tilt to the blackjack tables... Now days, it's a great night. Sure, 8 points would've saved me on the 1 loss, but I still don't find value in teasers, especially in b-ball. Not a race, straight bets for me, if teasers work for you, do it to it, GL

PS: c'mon now, no sides in that superbowl were wise, under was a walk in the cake, use your head.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

if you got a good one let me know..

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

parlays can be tough

Quagmire27

Quote Originally Posted by babyanni View Post
    parlays can be tough

ya think

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

this is good stuff here- ill add that parlays are fun but they should not be the primary bet type one does. maybe a few dollars as a little side action.

anyone who can pick well knows what its feels like to consistently miss a 4,5,6,7,8-teamer by 1 or 2 picks. its frustrating but if we continue to "invest" like this- then we cant really blame anyone but ourselves after we've seen how it goes.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

teasers can be tricky too, but if you have lost your confidence to pick single games good luck.

chickenwang
    chickenwang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

I've been hitting parlays every night. Here's one for yah, Michigan St. ML, Nova ML, Marquette ML. Take it to the house and pay back momma!

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I have only ever done parlays just for fun and very rarely at that

good luck with the teasers

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlays frustrate me way too much. I can't stand hitting four outta five. Would much rather miss all five

Quagmire27

Quote Originally Posted by chickenwang View Post
    I've been hitting parlays every night. Here's one for yah, Michigan St. ML, Nova ML, Marquette ML. Take it to the house and pay back momma!

Not sure what's more retarded, your statement, or your picks

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chickenwang View Post

aaand if cincy wins (currently up) you go 0-3

how many nights is every night?

mdk02
    mdk02's Avatar Become A Pro!

i went 2 for 2 yesterday on teaser parlays.. but before then i lost 5 straight

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

2-teamers are a very good idea i think sometimes if you do your propper due-dilligence and research and have legitimate picks. like that guy above who almost lost all 3 of his parlay picks proves- if he bet 50 dollars once that all those 3 would hit- he only lost 50 dollars....if he bet 50 3 times on straight bets and they all woulda lost, then he woulda lost 150 dollars.

(squeaked this one out in overtime because cincy shot 50 percent from the freethrow line- thats not gonna get it done ever against a team like that)

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This was my teaser today for fun as I'm not playing for real money at the moment,but then again I'm still hitting my plays:
    (7.5 pt teaser ties reduce)
    W Ohio State +11.5
    T Villanova +5
    W Duquesne +12
    W Marquette +9
    W Wisconsin -5
    W St Louis +9 (GAME ISN'T OVER,BUT THEIR UP BY 11 WITH 5 MINUTES LEFT)
    Duke -5.5
    *Now if I would of used the lines today instead of last night I would of hit Villanova +5.5,but I did this last night and got +5.*
    *Also I usually play 8 pt teasers and I would of hit them all if I did so with Duke pending,but I'll start posting my teasers as I'm really confident I can hit them on a consistent basis.I'll be doing these for real next week,but that wouldn't change my opinion one way or the other.Damn I wish I was doing this a long time ago as it would of saved me lots of money,but now I realize this is the only true shot I have to win money period.Well good luck everyone.

gonnakillit
    gonnakillit's Avatar Become A Pro!

missed a 12 teamer yesterday by 1 game...****ing s. florida