fsu2010
    fsu2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday Picks (New to forum)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but have been betting college basketball for awhile now. A little background, I'm a 21 year old college student who goes to Florida State. I would say I put about 15-25 hours/week into researching stats etc. and have been winning consistently recently. Anyways, I chose today because there are a ton of really good lines on this beautiful (or not so beautiful) Saturday afternoon. I'd like to post my thoughts on each game but I'd like to get this posted before the game starts, so if you have any questions about my picks go ahead and ask.

-Yale +3 1/2 2.2/2units
    -Yale ML +145 2units/2.9 - obviously Penn is super overrated because they beat a ranked Cornell earlier in the season. I actually have Yale winning by 2, so this is one of the best bets of the day.
    -Wake Forest -1 2.2units/2 I was waiting for this line to move in Wake's favor since the line came out. I have Wake winning by 3+ in this one. Wake seems to play really well in close games this season and NCSU is the worst team in the ACC. They have dropped 3 straight and I can't see them pulling out a win against arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ACC. Wake is the much bigger team and will be able to shut down any outside game NCSU would try to get started.
    -USC +1 2.2 units/2 I was really surprised when this line came out because I had USC winning by 3. I love getting any points in this situation. USC's defense and efficiency will just be too much for Wash St to handle. USC is definitely 60%+ to win this one, so I don't hate the ML either.
    -Baylor +2 1.1units/1 This is a big game for Baylor to take down. With a win they will be 3rd in the big 12 and put OK st in a bad spot. With a loss, Baylor drops to 6th in the big 12 and tied with not only OKSt but a slew of other teams as well. Baylor has played pretty well on the road this year, beating a couple of top 50 teams including ASU, Texas, and Xavier (semi-away)
    -Miss St -6 1.1units/1 - I love fading LSU. They really are terrible. I have Miss St winning this one by 10+. LSU is not even in the top 200 teams anymore. This is a must win for Miss St. as they are one game out of the SEC west lead.
    -UTEP +1 1.1units/1 UTEP has been playing excellent on the road this season and are leading the CUSA. They have won 9 conference games in a row including 2 on the road to top 55 teams.
    -Kansas State -5 1/2 1.1/1
    -Elon -1 1.1/1
    -St Peters PK 1.1/1

fsu2010

Adding:
    Portland -4 1.1/1
    Fairfield +4 1/2 1.1/1

OverUnder
    Feels great to be back.
    OverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Good insight. Will track these today. Welcome to the site

OverUnder
    Feels great to be back.
    OverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

What do you think about the Kentucky - Vandy game?

fsu2010

Quote Originally Posted by OverUnder View Post
    What do you think about the Kentucky - Vandy game?
    I've been thinking about that game since last night. Right now I'm laying off, but with my back against the wall I'd have to go with Kentucky. It's late in the season and I think UK is going to come out 100%. I know Vandy has a reputation this season for being unstoppable at home and beating a slew of good teams there, but I'm just not convinced they're good enough to beat UK. Like I said though, I'm probably not going to bet this game, and there are plenty of other sick lines today. I would suggest laying off this one, it's probably the toughest line of the day.

Wayne
    Wayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fsu2010 View Post
    I'm a 21 year old college student who goes to Florida State. I would say I put about 15-25 hours/week into researching stats etc.
    I didn't know Fla. St. offered a degree in sports capping JK Welcome. Great write-up.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

is it true tallahassee has an insanely conservative underground?

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

Kent/Vandy game? take Vandy..they are great at home! Plus..the #1 pick today is Kentucky. Always fade the public..Thats why I like NC State too. Wake Forest is the #2 pick!

fsu2010

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    is it true tallahassee has an insanely conservative underground?
    Maybe. I should probably know that, since it's my major. I'm really starting to hate politics though...

fsu2010

Quote Originally Posted by angelodebo View Post
    Kent/Vandy game? take Vandy..they are great at home! Plus..the #1 pick today is Kentucky. Always fade the public..Thats why I like NC State too. Wake Forest is the #2 pick!
    Thanks for that extremely insightful post. I love your use of analysis when you make picks.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by fsu2010 View Post
    Maybe. I should probably know that, since it's my major. I'm really starting to hate politics though...
    whueva

fsu2010

Sorry for last minute add.
    Morgan St +12 1/2 1.1/1
    Morgan St ML +625 1/6.25

Edit: Was sitting on this game until the last minute trying to get the best ML possible. Murray state has not beaten any top 100 teams this year, and Morgan St has (and it was an away game!). 12 1/2 is just too much here. Conference pride at stake, both teams are definitely going to bring their A game.

fsu2010

Well Morgan St was up 3 at halftime, all I could ask for I suppose. It doesn't look like they've showed up for the second half though.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome and good luck today, I love the Wake play.