RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7150

No team in NCAA history has had an easier path to the championship game than Michigan. They should have lost to Houston. They just are not as good as some here seem to think. Playing mostly weak offensive teams in a lousy B1G 10 this year made their defensive ratings seem high.
    Point guard Simpson was lousy against Loyola- Brunson will dominate the point.
    I know taking 7 points is tempting but Villanova is just alot better. I expect a double digit win.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic;27691478[B
    ]No team in NCAA history has had an easier path to the championship game than Michigan. [/B]They should have lost to Houston. They just are not as good as some here seem to think. Playing mostly weak offensive teams in a lousy B1G 10 this year made their defensive ratings seem high.
    I know taking 7 points is tempting but Villanova is just alot better. I expect a double digit win.
    what was novas path

bestr team they placed was wv

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    -200 is a 33% better price than -310. . So yes -200 was a significantly better price. And that's just given the quick example you used.
    You're crazy dude. When did you start gambling? Last week?

You have a lot to learn.

TheMoneyShot

And I'll bet you any amount you'd like if Michigan is up 7 with 4 minutes left to play nova would be more than double the prices you're saying. Books would get hammered if they left that pricing with 4 minutes left. Michigan would be minimum -750 using your example
    Michigan would not be -750 up 7 with 4 minutes to go.

You're a fool.

TheMoneyShot

Westgate just moved Villanova ML to -350

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You're crazy dude. When did you start gambling? Last week?

You have a lot to learn.
    Where is that wrong? -200 not a better price than -310?
    Last edited by ans61201; 04-01-18 at 03:19 PM.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Michigan would not be -750 up 7 with 4 minutes to go.

You're a fool.
    I'll wager you any amount you want.

Let's take the next 7 point favorite who's down 7 with 4 mins left to go. This isn't perfect science as each game is differnent but like I said I'll wager you anything you'd like the price I gave will be much closer to offered live price then +140 nova. Holy hell you really don't have a clue how live betting works

ans61201

If you really think any team that starts the game 7 point favorites, down 7 with 4 left is only +140 you're insane. Anyone who live bets on a semi regular basis knows how asinine that is

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Where is that wrong? -200 not a better price than -310?...
    Define better?

There is not enough information here to determine which is the better price. For comparing different games, a -310 price could offer a much better value or even advantage over the market. For example, getting -310 for an estimated -500 game is much better than getting -200 for an estimated -150 game.

If you're not estimating a vig free line, then prices really do become meaningless.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Define better?

There is not enough information here to determine which is the better price. For comparing different games, a -310 price could offer a much better value or even advantage over the market. For example, getting -310 for an estimated -500 game is much better than getting -200 for an estimated -150 game.

If you're not estimating a vig free line, then prices really do become meaningless.
    No this one is pretty simple.

The same game. A game that starts -310 and that same team becomes -200. Even more important when talking about hedging purposes to find the better price.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

No this one is pretty simple.

The same game. A game that starts -310 and that same team becomes -200. Even more important when talking about hedging purposes to find the better price.
    If the line moved so much the initial conditions may have changed. There may have been value at -310 that doesn't exist at -200.

Whether the new -200 line is pre game or live, there must be a recalculation of your estimation.

Conditions have changed, causing the move, and just because it is priced lower doesn't necessarily make it a "better" bet from a calculation or value standpoint.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

For example, I may want to buy a new Ferrari for a shit ton of money.

They are offering a discount if they remove the tires and engine.

I may have gotten a better price with the discount, but was really a better value? Initially, a car I own that won't run is just as useful as a car I don't have.

We can extend the example by bringing in the cost of tires and engine, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

ans61201

If the line moved so much the initial conditions may have changed. There may have been value at -310 that doesn't exist at -200.

Whether the new -200 line is pre game or live, there must be a recalculation of your estimation.

Conditions have changed, causing the move, and just because it is priced lower doesn't necessarily make it a "better" bet from a calculation or value standpoint.
    Totally understand what you're saying. In this case he's worried about Michigan not winning and simply wants to hedge. If at some point you know you're going to put a few thousand on nova no matter what at that point it becomes finding best value. I don't think -300 +'is best value. We will all find out in 30 hours
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave ans61201 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ans61201

This would be more applied in a situation where one simply wanted to bet nova. In a situation where it's just a hedge the math becomes more important imo.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave ans61201 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

ans61201

Good luck on bets on the championship game. I think nova wins. But so does the entire world. The last few football and basketball championships tell me that somehow this game is going to find a way to get played close.

The law of averages will probably take nova shooting % down mixed with better d from
    Michigan.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Line probably very sharp and decided by FTs at the end
    If that's the case, Michigan is fukked. One of the worst FT shooting teams vs. one of the best. I have a +4000 future on Michigan and am taking my free $ and running. Nova by double digits easy.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I was able to find -300 Nova, so I decided to hedge. I'll take a nice payout either way.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Good luck on bets on the championship game. I think nova wins. But so does the entire world. The last few football and basketball championships tell me that somehow this game is going to find a way to get played close.

The law of averages will probably take nova shooting % down mixed with better d from
    Michigan
    Actually Nova shot 45% from 3 vs. Kansas, and their season long average is 40%

Nova proved to me they can win games without the 3 - shot only 17% against Texas Tech for example - Nova the best offensive team I’ve seen in years. Jalen Brunson one of the best point guards in college in years.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

When is this game? Next month? Do they need a week off to rest?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    what was novas path

bestr team they placed was wv
    Kansas had played well up until they met Villanova,just because the Wildcats tore them apart,speaks to how much better Villanova is then everyone else.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-01-18 at 05:20 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Kansas had played well up until they met Villanova,just because the Wildcats tore them apart,speaks to how much better Villanova is then everyone else.
    Ya, not sure what this guy is smoking packerd but Nova faced the toughest path they could. I mean there was basically zero upsets on their side of the bracket. They faced the lowest seeds you are going to face as a #1 seed. Having faced the top 3 teams from one of the top 2 conferences in America.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, not sure what this guy is smoking packerd but Nova faced the toughest path they could. I mean there was basically zero upsets on their side of the bracket. They faced the lowest seeds you are going to face as a #1 seed. Having faced the top 3 teams from one of the top 2 conferences in America.
    Yeah the guys talking out of his ass, Villanova had no easy matchup.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-01-18 at 06:14 PM.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Nova has players that will take the game to Wagner inside. He carried them over a garbage Loyola team. Get him in foul trouble and its over. Also, who do you trust to win a 3pt battle after watching that second game? Let's be honest Nova can just cycle out someone who isn't shooting well.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You're the best.
    Rekt

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

NOVA or no play. Michigan fan boys are delusional.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hot Jerry

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    No team in NCAA history has had an easier path to the championship game than Michigan. They should have lost to Houston. They just are not as good as some here seem to think. Playing mostly weak offensive teams in a lousy B1G 10 this year made their defensive ratings seem high.
    Ugh...Penn State won the NIT

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Line is too sharp

I mean the line is spot on too fukking sharp

-7 makes it a no play , either way

but it’s the championship game so ppl will bet it regardless

retiring at 9 wins , 3 losses and a push this tournament

And going to sit and enjoy the final game

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Line is too sharp

I mean the line is spot on too fukking sharp

-7 makes it a no play , either way

but it’s the championship game so ppl will bet it regardless

retiring at 9 wins , 3 losses and a push this tournament

And going to sit and enjoy the final game
    Agree on sitting the spread out. But will try and get reduced ML live on Nova if the opportunity is there. Would be very surprised if Villanova did not win straight up

ans61201

Let me preface this by saying I'm on nova in this game. (Well will be if I can find a better price in game)

But with these threads this is really feeling a lot like the super bowl, with all of the "it's a lock talk" the same everyone was with the patriots. I think nova is the superior team. But college championships have been really close recently with huge ratings spikes. And defensive teams find a way to ugly it up/keep it close

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

All I know that NOVA WILL WIN - that's all !! ML here is the way to go !!

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Michigan is going win- goodluck losing money idiots

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Michigan is going win- goodluck losing money idiots
    Ikid2groove makes numerous analytical points in this post fellas
    after reading his angle on the game
    and whatever insider he grabbed that info from
    Michigan just essentially just went from a underdog to “LOCK CITY”

id grab Michigan @ +7 now before you wake up tomorrow

and it’s Michigan -13

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Ikid2groove makes numerous analytical points in this post fellas
    after reading his angle on the game
    and whatever insider he grabbed that info from
    Michigan just essentially just went from a underdog to “LOCK CITY "

id grab Michigan @ +7 now before you wake up tomorrow

and it’s Michigan -13
    Team [ Michigan ] that lost to Nebraska by 20 during a season should NEVER MAKE IT THIS FAR !! NOVA will play Lakers tomorrow night after they KILL Michigan !!

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Actually Nova shot 45% from 3 vs. Kansas, and their season long average is 40%

Nova proved to me they can win games without the 3 - shot only 17% against Texas Tech for example - Nova the best offensive team I’ve seen in years. Jalen Brunson one of the best point guards in college in years.
    Best team since the 09 unc team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hot Jerry

First 12345 Last