pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We will find out 30 years from now what happened when one of the FSU players is broke and he agrees to do an interview for money.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Reporter Grilling him. I feel bad for him. He’s a class act and a motivator of men. He’s not a late-game situation type of coach. That’s not his forte. All coaches can’t be everything
    He looks totally clueless in this interview. He didn't know the time or the situation. Totally confused.. I like him as a person but he's not a great X's and O's. Hell, most of these coaches are not good schematically, especially Calipari.

Dana Jacobsen did a great job skewering him here...

Take me through the final seconds. Why didn't you foul...
    What are you talking about?
    Down the stretch of the game, the end of the game 11 seconds on the clock.
    Do you think that the game came down to the final seconds of the game?
    I'm asking you wy that decision in the final seconds of the game
    The game was over
    You didn't think you guys could get back in it , put them on the line and if they miss those shots
    you mean with 15 seconds on the clock, well what were we down
    put them on the line, they miss a few shots
    ...Hamilton was about to walk away
    a 4 point ballgame it's a question the guys ask at the end of the game. It didn't come down to that in your mind.
    I thought they did a great job, they had a great game plan. They forced us into turnovers. You need to give them credit. I want to give them credit.

Hamilton was totally out of his element at the end of the game. But, he's just like every other coach, who chokes down the stretch. That's why Saban and Belicheck is so far ahead of everyone else. They hire people to track all the clock management, personnel stats, who to foul, who to go after 1 on 1. They are playing chess while all these other coaches are playing tiddly winks.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the mantra for degenerates? Good coaches win Great coaches cover right? Leonard did his job.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Ra77er 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

He was probably bracing - and expecting her to ask why you fouled so early and often, but then she asked “why DIDNT you foul?” Threw him off.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Most likely he wanted to foul and they just didn't and he was not going to trash his players.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

He is a bad coach. When you are down by 4 with 20 sevonds left you don't shoot a 3 with 15 seconds left and then don't foul. Unless your children are taken hostages and are threatened to be killed unless the game lands on 4.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He is a bad coach. When you are down by 4 with 20 sevonds left you don't shoot a 3 with 15 seconds left and then don't foul. Unless your children are taken hostages and are threatened to be killed unless the game lands on 4.
    That black coach did the opposite of everything...

He was down by 3 with 50 seconds to go.... and fouled... (should of just played defense)

And he was down by 4 with 11 seconds to go... (and doesn't foul)

You can't make this sh#$ up

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Most likely he wanted to foul and they just didn't and he was not going to trash his players.
    Was my first thought after I found out it wasnt 6 seconds like I read someone post since I didnt get to see the end. Game over, no need to cry over spilled milk, not gonna throw kid's under the bus on national tv.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    But Hamilton didn't want to foul! The final play was 2 feet in front of him by his bench. He just stood there. He could easily have gotten his players attention if he wanted them to foul. It's the freakin Final Four on the line - Len, you might want to go down swinging... Pathetic

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

FSU would have hit 3 pointer after free throws anyhow so everybody gets ficked.... Trust me on this NO way out

bonz

Hopefully you got 4 if not it's our fault.

bonz

Move on lost 2800. Half at 4.5 small at 3.5 pushed 1000

bonz

What about the foul on the 3 pointer. There's lots. The free throws. Come on it stupid. Bad run.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Yes, I don't get this stuff. I had FSU +4.5, so I'm glad but this general way of doing things in college games is so crazy to me. Purdue yesterday and Kansas State today both fouling with less than a minute left when down double digits while FSU doesn't foul down 4? Very fishy stuff. And given what the spread was, well certainly brings up possibilities...

bonz

Get over it guys. Tough loss I know. Keep calm and grind 53

bonz

Stay calm. Haha these games set gamblers on warpath. Think weeks not days. Just bet the same amount don't worry about bad beats it works out

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

[IMG] [/IMG]

bonz

Not bad el Nino that's why they call it the blues

bonz

Those old grasshoppers in 86'. Fukkin remote controls.

bonz

Back when Sting was doing something

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yes, I don't get this stuff. I had FSU +4.5, so I'm glad but this general way of doing things in college games is so crazy to me. Purdue yesterday and Kansas State today both fouling with less than a minute left when down double digits while FSU doesn't foul down 4? Very fishy stuff. And given what the spread was, well certainly brings up possibilities...
    Your mistake is you think everybody acts rationally, much less than 18-22 year old kids. I saw in the nba, Schroeder going for a layup with seconds left with his team trailing by three. Sure, in your mind, there’s still a miracle chance of winning if you foul and you make two shots but, come on, that doesn’t happen 99% of time.
    If they try to fix the game, do you really think that it will be so on the nose that that ended right at the spread? That coach is making millions of dollars every year decides to throw it away to cover one game? You’re stupid if you think that.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

The coach and those kids made a mistake. It was a Chris Webber moment, plain and simple. Blame it on the coach for poor preparation in late game situations. That late 3-pointer was the same way. They didn't practice that play enough to get a clean shot off and those kids panicked. Mediocre coaching at it's worst.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

I watched the highlights and you can clearly see Hamilton complaining to the ref about the no-call on the three pointer. When he screamed to foul, it was too late and Robinson was running away from the defender. By then, it was too late.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

U see Robinson when he realized there would be no foul? Looked like kid on Xmas morning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only people complaining are losing bettors which is probably 1% of the target audience

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    That black coach did the opposite of everything...

He was down by 3 with 50 seconds to go.... and fouled... (should of just played defense)

And he was down by 4 with 11 seconds to go... (and doesn't foul)

You can't make this sh#$ up
    You are right about the foul at 50 seconds and I will tell you why he did it.

If they play defense and get the rebound there is a chance they tie the game with a 3 and game goes to overtime where there is a chance to not cover the spread. So he wanted the spread to go up by 4 then tells them to shoot a contested 3 with 12 seconds left and yells them to not foul.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

I took M down to 4 so i pushed, however, when the reporter asked the coach why didn't you foul and he said, "What are you talking about, the game was over." I thought WTF kind of coach is this.......This is a surrender coach...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You are right about the foul at 50 seconds and I will tell you why he did it.

If they play defense and get the rebound there is a chance they tie the game with a 3 and game goes to overtime where there is a chance to not cover the spread. So he wanted the spread to go up by 4 then tells them to shoot a contested 3 with 12 seconds left and yells them to not foul.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why is no one talking about the line move?
    What line move was that? From -4.5 to -4? A half point line move now is a scandal.

Guys, it was nothing more than terrible coaching. The guy is an unabashed moron.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    [IMG]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Florida State head coach Leonard Hamilton on the decision not to foul with 11 seconds remaining.<a rel="nofollow" href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarchMadness?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc% 5Etfw">#MarchMadness</a> <a rel="nofollow" href="https://t.co/IxlWNnuPRa">pic.twitter.com/IxlWNnuPRa</a></p>&mdash; March Madness TV (@MarchMadnessTV) <a rel="nofollow" href="https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessTV/status/977749425702359040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"> March 25, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]
    WOW. Cringeworthy

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Unexplainable. Tell me Leonard Hamilton didn’t have FSU +4.5. Go ahead, tell me he didn’t.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

why the hell are you people arguing or debating this? we all know what's up here and there when it comes to spreads... college, NBA, NFL

why do you think some guys around here are ML players... lol for games like that where all it takes is one more foul 10 sec left and a miss or 2 by losing team and spread is a winner. instead, they just stand around like they are down 7+

what a hilarious thread

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don’t think they did it on purpose...just dumb and poorly coached in late game situations

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Unexplainable. Tell me Leonard Hamilton didn’t have FSU +4.5. Go ahead, tell me he didn’t.
    Pitino did something similar in Final Four game years ago. Wanted Louisville alums to cash +8.5 ticket, so he hollered "no fouls."

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Pitino did something similar in Final Four game years ago. Wanted Louisville alums to cash +8.5 ticket, so he hollered "no fouls."
    Yes I remember this game. There was close to 30 seconds left in the clock. All sporys are shady. You just have to be lucky and have the right side... whatever that means.

First 12