robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Are Virginia the greatest chokers of all time?

It's not just this loss to a #16 seed, but Virginia always has a #1 seed or is considered one of the top teams in the country all year in the regular season - and then they get trashed in the NCAA tournament. It has been the same thing like clock work every year under Tony Bennett.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

IDK, the Falcons having a 28-3 lead and blowing it in the Super Bowl is still a good contender.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

is that a choke they got outplayed out coached out worked

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

This isn’t consider choking- they just got beat- choking is coughing up a big lead

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Virginia = weakest #1 of all time.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Virginia losing like an 18 point lead with 8 minutes to go with a Final 4 on the line against Syracuse a few years ago was a worse choke than this one.

This game, they simply just got beat badly.

College basketball, is really a guards game. And if one team gets hot from 3, they can beat anybody. Look how Buffalo took apart Arizona. If anything, this game, (and even Buffalo-Arizona) should prove there's no value in betting big ML favorites before the game. You just don't know whats going to happen. I basically just bet in play live. You never know who is going to show up or how a game is going to go until they start playing.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Beauty about March madness 1 game elimination - better team doesn’t always win- but in the NBA you gotta win 4x so the better team always comes out on top !!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Styles make fights I spose. Since they dont go after it on offense running into teams who have absolutely nothing to lose can be hard if you happen to get down say double digits. When they came back and beat FSU down by like 10 with much time left though I think, that is probably equivalent to being down by 20 for a team that doesnt milk the clock, still didnt expect them to come back that game.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Virginia losing like an 18 point lead with 8 minutes to go with a Final 4 on the line against Syracuse a few years ago was a worse choke than this one.

This game, they simply just got beat badly.

College basketball, is really a guards game. And if one team gets hot from 3, they can beat anybody. Look how Buffalo took apart Arizona. If anything, this game, (and even Buffalo-Arizona) should prove there's no value in betting big ML favorites before the game. You just don't know whats going to happen. I basically just bet in play live. You never know who is going to show up or how a game is going to go until they start playing.
    Agreed, also the pressure on UVA being a number 1, I wonder if they really felt like one, I know they won a lot of games but maybe its just me that team isnt what normal number 1 teams look like. Being a number 1 seed teams know they are expected to make final 4's and elite 8's, lotta pressure, they were probably not even thinking about UMBC but who theyre playing in the next round and beyond, when it came game time, mentally prob not where they needed to be and I dont think you can just catch up to speed against a team who has nothing to lose and arnt as bad as one might expect.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Suicide hotline is ringing off the hook tonight.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Virginia never has the stud players, massive upset but VA was never winning anything

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

this record will hold for a good while

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it will not be remembered because it was not even a close game from the tip

Cannot choke when you got blown out