krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Brackets so lopsided this year

The Xavier bracket is so weak. Yet Kansas has to deal with duke and Michigan ST.

LOL

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

ya likely Kansas will have Duke/MSU

how MSU is a 3 seed is ridiculous

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11099

Xavier will be the first #1 to lose...

This is basketball. You have to play who is in front of you. Stop going by the name on the front of the jersey with some of these blue bloods who won't make it out of the 1st weekend. Any team can get hot and bounce anybody. You have to win 6 games in a row. Win and advance or go home. No such thing as lopsided. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

We'll soon see a #1 lose to a #16. Too much parity plus one and done's.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kansas in a class of their own in that bracket

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

X losing in round 2. Ain't zags and Michigan in their bracket as 3 and 4 seed? Those are both top 10 teams imo. X as the one might make the region weak but the 3 and 4 are strong, the 8 seed adding a lottery pick to their lineup! Not weak at all. Zags and big blue the teams that be playing to go to final 4, long as Michigan doesn't have a game they miss 20 fts and lose by 4! Lol

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Virginia got fukked
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: big joe 1212

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Virginia got fukked
    Cause they gotta play uk/zona winner? They got a 2 who can't score and will prob be long gone in their bracket, they got a 3 I like but let's face it they coached by Rick Barnes which doesn't bode well for a deep run ever! Yea they get a really tough sweet 16 game but if they get by that they walk into final 4. At least they didnt get done like shockers that one year they made U.K. The freaking 8 seed si they had to see them in round 2!! That was brutal, great game tho.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20322

The easiest region is the East bracket with Nova. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't make it to the final four. Both Purdue and Texas Tech are trending in the wrong direction, and neither have championship pedigree to go far.

The West region is the next weakest, with Xavier as the #1 seed. I think whoever can win the potential sweet 16 matchup between Michigan and UNC can make it to the final four. Zags more than capable of beating X, but who knows really how good Zags are. They didn't look great in the non conference and haven't exactly played anyone since.

Best regions are the South and Midwest. The KU bracket looks really tough, particularly the bottom where Duke and Michigan St will have to meet in the sweet 16. At one point in the season, KU, Duke, Sparty and Auburn were all teams contending for a 1 seed.

The South region where UVA is #1 is the weird region. The top part is so tough, UVA, Kentucky and Arizona all up there. Although the bottom part looks like trash with Cinci and Vols. Those teams are solid, but they aren't serious threats to make a final four run IMO. Zona should have been a #3, and thought Kentucky deserved better than a #5 with how they finished.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    The easiest region is the East bracket with Nova. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't make it to the final four. Both Purdue and Texas Tech are trending in the wrong direction, and neither have championship pedigree to go far.

The West region is the next weakest, with Xavier as the #1 seed. I think whoever can win the potential sweet 16 matchup between Michigan and UNC can make it to the final four. Zags more than capable of beating X, but who knows really how good Zags are. They didn't look great in the non conference and haven't exactly played anyone since.

Best regions are the South and Midwest. The KU bracket looks really tough, particularly the bottom where Duke and Michigan St will have to meet in the sweet 16. At one point in the season, KU, Duke, Sparty and Auburn were all teams contending for a 1 seed.

The South region where UVA is #1 is the weird region. The top part is so tough, UVA, Kentucky and Arizona all up there. Although the bottom part looks like trash with Cinci and Vols. Those teams are solid, but they aren't serious threats to make a final four run IMO. Zona should have been a #3, and thought Kentucky deserved better than a #5 with how they finished.
    East looks like chalk chalk chalk to me, although that requires trusting Purdue which ain't easy. Would we be shocked if butler or Arkansas beat them? Not really but I do think I'm gonna trust them. dont see anything stopping a 4-5 matchup facing nova then nova beating them. Only place I don't see seed holding in this bracket is ttech, they could go 1st round, def before end of weekend, although it was nice of committee to keep them in Texas where these frauds have played like 80% of their freaking games!! Should be gators/Purdue think gators too small there. So Purdue/nova who in their right mind taking Matt painter over jay wright? Nova should be in about 90% of final 4s so if you can find a place for them to lose sooner and you right you wound be in a great spot! I don't see it tho.

silver39
    silver39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1354

Cincy could be a team that matches up very well with UVA because of their defense. Understand they struggle shooting but so can UVA. West Virginia took down UVA early in the year in a similar type match up

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by silver39 View Post
    Cincy could be a team that matches up very well with UVA because of their defense. Understand they struggle shooting but so can UVA. West Virginia took down UVA early in the year in a similar type match up
    Uva more efficient offensively than cincy. If you keep cincy off the offensive glass they really struggle for long stretches to get buckets. I honestly don't see cronins squad making it that far. They don't play smart ball if they do make it id pound uva vs them.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

what's that uva cincy total like 110

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    what's that uva cincy total like 110
    Prob very close and still might be too high! Lol

KRIT

Yeah I'd take UVA to beat Cindy easily. UVA will run into trouble when they meet an offensive team that can score efficiently and can offensive rebound. I think a team like Sparty could give them trouble.

2daBank

Yeah I'd take UVA to beat Cindy easily. UVA will run into trouble when they meet an offensive team that can score efficiently and can offensive rebound. I think a team like Sparty could give them trouble.
    Arizona will be a problem, that kid they paid the 100k was well worth it! He a beast! They gonna have to send doubles at him, if other guys can hit open shots it be a real game. I think sweet 16 uva kinda got tough break but they get that game they will cruise to final 4.

bonusguy

NCAA will sabotage zone you watch. they are not going deep

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bonusguy View Post
    NCAA will sabotage zone you watch. they are not going deep
    Why put them in in 1st place then? They gonna have to put that beast in foul trouble cause he looks like best player in tourney by a long shot! U.K. Playing way they are can give them a hell of a game but I'm kinda feeling zona right now, since that shit came out he been playing like a man possessed! I'm generally more a fan of guards in the tourney but this dude ayton something special, he should have got more than 100k, they got him cheap!!

bonusguy

Zona to win region +400

and thats the first book that came out today. might be able to get them at +500 somewhere. would that have value?

KRIT

I don't think it's a given Zona gets by Kentucky. It's really hard to tell how good Zona is because they struggled in the non conference and the Pac-12 was so weak. They pass the eye test, but they haven't really been tested.

I think both Zona or UK could give UVA problems.

Mac4Lyfe

I really do not understand all this talk about weak regions. You have to play who is in front of you. Villanova is a damn good team. I have them as my overall #1 favorite so automatically, how can you call that region weak? Can they lose to a Purdue, Texas Tech Wichita State or a #6 in Florida? Damn, right they could but I think they are the best built team for this tourney. Now, I think Xavier is the most vulnerable #1 seed but that doesn't make the West weak. North Carolina, Michigan and Gonzaga could all make it to the Final 4. I think Xavier has the toughest road of all the #1's because I think they are the weakest #1 not because their region is weak.

Like I said before. You have to beat 6 very good teams to cut the nets. There's no easy path, outside the 1st game against automatic bid teams that really shouldn't be in the tourney to begin with. There's about 10 - 12 trash teams in the tourney but after that, it is a fukkking grind. You have to grind out 6 wins period. This tourney is not easy for any team and there is no such thing as easy road when you're talking about college athletes.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I really do not understand all this talk about weak regions. You have to play who is in front of you. Villanova is a damn good team. I have them as my overall #1 favorite so automatically, how can you call that region weak? Can they lose to a Purdue, Texas Tech Wichita State or a #6 in Florida? Damn, right they could but I think they are the best built team for this tourney. Now, I think Xavier is the most vulnerable #1 seed but that doesn't make the West weak. North Carolina, Michigan and Gonzaga could all make it to the Final 4. I think Xavier has the toughest road of all the #1's because I think they are the weakest #1 not because their region is weak.

Like I said before. You have to beat 6 very good teams to cut the nets. There's no easy path, outside the 1st game against automatic bid teams that really shouldn't be in the tourney to begin with. There's about 10 - 12 trash teams in the tourney but after that, it is a fukkking grind. You have to grind out 6 wins period. This tourney is not easy for any team and there is no such thing as easy road when you're talking about college athletes.
    Nova imo is the best team in the field, i agree with you there. They got the easiest path of any of the #1 seeds. I just think that region is weak outside of Nova.

Mac4Lyfe

and if a region is so EASY. Why the hell can NO ONE predict a round? Let alone multiple rounds in a region? This tournament is more of a coin flip every year because there's so much parity. You can have a star player or 2 but the 5 fouls, which I think is stupid can take a star out of the game. Then you add teams playing in local venues which is a huge advantage and the committee and the refs will always lean towards the blue bloods because it means more money to the NCAA and that is the bottom line. Do you really think the NCAA wants a Cinci over a Duke, Kentucky or Kansas?

Mac4Lyfe

Nova imo is the best team in the field, i agree with you there. They got the easiest path of any of the #1 seeds. I just think that region is weak outside of Nova.
    It is all opinions anyway. You think they have an easy path, I think they have the toughest path. Have you seen Alabama or Virginia Tech? I think it's a good chance, Nova will lose this weekend. No one wants to play Alabama with the best guard in the nation. Hell no. When Bama is on, they can beat anyone. Same for Va Tech. They've beaten Duke, North Carolina, UVA. Both of these teams have the goods to beat anyone. Both teams are bad match ups for Nova. How about WVU? They beat the OU's, Texas, Texas Tech's. Do you really think they are an easy out? Heck no. Then you have teams like Purdue that dominated teams OOC. They beat the shit out of the Arizona team everyone is loving on right now. Texas Tech has beaten the Kansas', OU's, etc., as well. Florida made it to the Elite 8 last year with a better team this year. If they didn't lose their big man, they just might have been the odds on favorite to win it all. You even have a very good Arkansas team in that bracket. Arkansas could make a run to the Final Four as well. There's 9 teams in that bracket that can make a legitimate Final 4 run. There's not one other bracket that has more than 5 teams that can make a Final Four run IMO.

Easy path is a fallacy. You have to play who is in front of you. Outside of Nova's first game, the rest will be a fukking grind. Hell, I think Penn could upset Kansas in game 1. This shit ain't easy.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It is all opinions anyway. You think they have an easy path, I think they have the toughest path. Have you seen Alabama or Virginia Tech? I think it's a good chance, Nova will lose this weekend. No one wants to play Alabama with the best guard in the nation. Hell no. When Bama is on, they can beat anyone. Same for Va Tech. They've beaten Duke, North Carolina, UVA. Both of these teams have the goods to beat anyone. Both teams are bad match ups for Nova. How about WVU? They beat the OU's, Texas, Texas Tech's. Do you really think they are an easy out? Heck no. Then you have teams like Purdue that dominated teams OOC. They beat the shit out of the Arizona team everyone is loving on right now. Texas Tech has beaten the Kansas', OU's, etc., as well. Florida made it to the Elite 8 last year with a better team this year. If they didn't lose their big man, they just might have been the odds on favorite to win it all. You even have a very good Arkansas team in that bracket. Arkansas could make a run to the Final Four as well. There's 9 teams in that bracket that can make a legitimate Final 4 run. There's not one other bracket that has more than 5 teams that can make a Final Four run IMO.

Easy path is a fallacy. You have to play who is in front of you. Outside of Nova's first game, the rest will be a fukking grind. Hell, I think Penn could upset Kansas in game 1. This shit ain't easy.
    Yes I've seen all those teams play. All you did was name a bunch of teams and list their good wins. Guess what, every team in this tournament has good wins. For every Auburn that Bama beat they lost to a team like Ole Miss. If it weren't for getting hot in the conference tourney, Bama wasn't even going to make it, they nearly folded like a chair down the stretch of the season.

I'm not going to respond to every team you listed. They all have their pros and cons. With your reasoning, every team could make a final four run. Might as well say Butler can make a final four run because they beat Nova.

But like you said, it's all opinions, which it is.

Money23
    Money23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5654

So Krit and MAC, who are you final 4 teams and eventual champ? It would be interesting to see and compare both of yours! Good stuff gents!

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

I'm not expecting Xavier to get that far.

I just think they are a weak 1 seed and while UNC and Michigan are solid they dont have near the talent that a duke or msu has.

Frankly I think gonzaga has been underrated all year and will make the final 4.

Money23

Besides the Zags...who’s the other 3 and eventual Champ? 🏆

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

when's the last time a 4 seed had better odds to win a region than a 1 seed

NCAA Men's Basketball West Region winner
    Thu 3/15 1:30PM
    North Carolina +258
    Gonzaga +375
    Xavier +455
    Michigan +560
    Ohio State +1325
    Houston U +1450
    Texas A&M +1550
    Missouri +1650
    Florida State +2950
    Providence +4350
    San Diego State +5950
    South Dakota State +8000
    NC Greensboro +13500
    Montana +16000
    Lipscomb +16000
    Texas Southern +26000
    NC Central +31000

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Money23 View Post
    So Krit and MAC, who are you final 4 teams and eventual champ? It would be interesting to see and compare both of yours! Good stuff gents!
    My Elite eight is...

UVA and UT
    Nova and Fla
    Zags and Michigan
    MSU and Clemson

I can also see Auburn, Texas Tech, Duke, UK and UNC make runs.

My Final four is UT, Nova, Michigan and Clemson

I really like Auburn and Clemson winner and I like the Texas Tech Florida winner.

Styles make matches. Some teams just match up better versus other teams. I'm looking at 3 #1's that have very difficult 2nd games.

Nova vs VaTech or Bama
    Kansas vs Seton Hall or Nc State (I think Kansas doesn't make it out of the weekend)
    Xavier vs Mizzou or Fla State (I think Xavier goes down too)

I have 2 number 1's out in the first weekend.
    Points Awarded:

Money23 gave Mac4Lyfe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

I've heard some Kansas talk, but this is the year for a #16 to beat a #1-- Penn beats Kansas in first round.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Texas Tech, Auburn, West Virginia and maybe Michigan State all losing first round

Money23

who’s your championship game and 2018 ncaa winner?

UVA and UT
    Nova and Fla
    Zags and Michigan
    MSU and Clemson

I can also see Auburn, Texas Tech, Duke, UK and UNC make runs.

My Final four is UT, Nova, Michigan and Clemson

I really like Auburn and Clemson winner and I like the Texas Tech Florida winner.

Styles make matches. Some teams just match up better versus other teams. I'm looking at 3 #1's that have very difficult 2nd games.

Nova vs VaTech or Bama
    Kansas vs Seton Hall or Nc State (I think Kansas doesn't make it out of the weekend)
    Xavier vs Mizzou or Fla State (I think Xavier goes down too)

I have 2 number 1's out in the first weekend.[/QUOTE]