beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I think Xavier might lose to a 16 seed..

Never happened before obviously....In my limited following of college ball just seems that they would have the biggest chance to do it. First ever #1 for them if they do get it. Think they would maybe feel tight a bit with that responsibility due to they seem to always be a 3-8 seed in past tourneys. They dropped the ball in the Big East tourney so maybe they are already feeling it...Just a hunch

Might be worth a dabble and of course you could live bet hedge late in the game ...but of course it may depend on which one of the 16 seeds they get..or not..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Don't think losing to a 16. They have too much firepower imo, that said I think round of 32 vs some of the projected 8-9 seeds I've seen would be very dangerous!

Don't get too caught up on a team like them bouncing out early of conf tourney, lot of times teams drain themselves winning those things and on same note often time gives teams like them chance to regroup and spend more time working on things and they come out much more prepared for the dance. I agree they a incredibly weak 1 tho. They can be scored on pretty easily. When you can't make stops you always susceptible to a night shots not falling. I certainly won't have them going real far that for sure.

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Don't think losing to a 16. They have too much firepower imo, that said I think round of 32 vs some of the projected 8-9 seeds I've seen would be very dangerous!

Don't get too caught up on a team like them bouncing out early of conf tourney, lot of times teams drain themselves winning those things and on same note often time gives teams like them chance to regroup and spend more time working on things and they come out much more prepared for the dance. I agree they a incredibly weak 1 tho. They can be scored on pretty easily. When you can't make stops you always susceptible to a night shots not falling. I certainly won't have them going real far that for sure.
    Good to see you 2daBank

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

uh uh

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes24 View Post
    Good to see you 2daBank
    I worry for your canes in round 1 bro.

2daBank

Mizzou could most definitely clip X in round 2. takes a leap of faith to advance them that far not really knowing if they will be able to integrate porter jr into this team but I lean to adding a lottery pick can't be a bad thing! Gonzo a solid coach who has done a excellent job this year, think they will figure it out. plus porter has such a good handle and passing ability (with more great size) he can really help tigers biggest weakness which ball handling/turnovers.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

It's actually a fluke that it hasn't happened yet a16 beating a 1. It happened in women's and that has a much bigger gap at the top then men's does.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    It's actually a fluke that it hasn't happened yet a16 beating a 1. It happened in women's and that has a much bigger gap at the top then men's does.
    It happened literally one time. You think the hundreds of #1 seed victories are the fluke, and not the one loss?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    It happened literally one time. You think the hundreds of #1 seed victories are the fluke, and not the one loss?
    Yes, 132-0 is a fluke. Really looks like by my math it should closer to 130-2 than 131-1 actually. The 2 seeds are 124-8 FWIW. But of course in any one game the 16 seed winning is a fluke.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Yes, 132-0 is a fluke. Really looks like by my math it should closer to 130-2 than 131-1 actually. The 2 seeds are 124-8 FWIW. But of course in any one game the 16 seed winning is a fluke.
    Lol ok, so your argument is that it's a fluke because just one of these 132 #16 seeds should have won by now, as opposed to zero? Is that really that much of a statistical anomaly to you?

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

I have them losing in most of my brackets in round 1

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Xavier is highly over rated, losing to NC Central or Texas Southern outright is a bit of a stretch though, but I do get your point.

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Ya honestly I'm more worried about Loyola than a potential matchup with Tennessee

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Lol ok, so your argument is that it's a fluke because just one of these 132 #16 seeds should have won by now, as opposed to zero? Is that really that much of a statistical anomaly to you?
    No, not at all. I was just pointing out it's closer to overdue than impossible.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Come on Southern!!!!

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026