KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

FBI And College Hoops Investigation

A lot of names are surfacing for taking money. A lot of ex players and some active ones from big programs like Bridges from Michigan State, Wendell Carter from Duke, Metu and Boatwright from USC, and Sexton from Bama. Not sure how much trouble the schools will get in since it sounds like this is an agent giving money to players and families.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ken-ncaa-rules

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

I want Roy Williams in jail

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I want Roy Williams in jail
    You probably want Bellicheck, Tom Brady, Steph Curry and LeBron thrown in there with him huh?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This isn’t directed towards you, but rather this whole “story”......

WHO FUKKING CARES??????

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    You probably want Bellicheck, Tom Brady, Steph Curry and LeBron thrown in there with him huh?
    Lol put curry in the same cell as James

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

WHO FUKKING CARES??????
    Likely will have zero impact as the schools won't be punished. Prior seasons could get vacated though. But what about the active players named, chance they will be ruled ineligible? Overall though, will have little impact on the future and recruiting for these programs that were named since it was players taking money from an agent.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

WHO FUKKING CARES??????
    pretty much this...it happens at probably 95% of all the top schools, they know it, fans know it, everyone who follows sports knows it....christ just give these kids 40-60k a season on top of a free ride so they can send money back home if need be, pay for meals, and not have to accept money under the table, god they bring in 10000x that too those schools. I would f*cking take that envelope EVERY SINGLE chance I got if I was in the same position as these athletes making millions for these schools and eating sh*tty cafeteria food every day, psssh

KRIT

At least these guys got some nice book keeping and accounting. Not really sure why they'd put this in paper, like they wanted to get caught.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Duke looks like they are in trouble
    I think we see some severe penalties coming and then k will retire

slickwatts
    slickwatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

WHO FUKKING CARES??????

I agree man but damn they took away a Final Four and banner from Louisville for impermissible in the form of lap dances. Stupid as shit IMO. Especially since you can't technically place a value on a lap dance from those low quality hoes they had in the dorm lol IMO the NCAA can't come down like that on them and then say nothing to see here on this shit.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You should try to get a loan from this guy, tell him you can pay him back easy after a few easy plays.

slickwatts

Coach K is untouchable. The world loves them some Coach K

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    pretty much this...it happens at probably 95% of all the top schools, they know it, fans know it, everyone who follows sports knows it....christ just give these kids 40-60k a season on top of a free ride so they can send money back home if need be, pay for meals, and not have to accept money under the table, god they bring in 10000x that too those schools. I would f*cking take that envelope EVERY SINGLE chance I got if I was in the same position as these athletes making millions for these schools and eating sh*tty cafeteria food every day, psssh
    I have been saying this for many years. Pay the damn athletes and most of the scandals go away. Fact is that top athletes have value, and if they don't get it on the table, they will get it under the table.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by slickwatts View Post
    I agree man but damn they took away a Final Four and banner from Louisville for impermissible in the form of lap dances. Stupid as shit IMO. Especially since you can't technically place a value on a lap dance from those low quality hoes they had in the dorm lol IMO the NCAA can't come down like that on them and then say nothing to see here on this shit.
    NCAA is the most corrupt of all the pieces involved

slickwatts

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    NCAA is the most corrupt of all the pieces involved
    True that. They (NCAA and schools) make tons of money off these players and then get all uppity if they so much as get a cup of Starbucks coffee from someone.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

and in other news jalen rose still claiming he never got paid while at michigan

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I’m so fukking sick and tired of the high and mighty NCAA. Bunch of hypocritical frauds.

Read the deadspin post on it. The one that’s titled who gives a shit. It’s not long. Sums up my feelings perfectly.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

This is big stuff.....Duke,N.C.,KY,Mich St.....whatever happens,don't care much about it. These Blue Bloods of hoops are tarnished...end of story. But these kids,should not get payed!! Man a free education and media exposure to the NBA !! The kids should bow down the the schools!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Duke going down finally!!!

magaman
    Update your status

Duke going down finally!!!
    Duke - MSU - Kentucky all are not going down. Big money programs for the corrupt NCAA.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Duke - MSU - Kentucky all are not going down. Big money programs for the corrupt NCAA.
    How are they going down? So far the programs have nothing to do with this. So far it is just players and families taking money. Unless coaches and programs had knowledge of this, nothing will happen to them. I think we just see some more vacated seasons, doubt we'll see schools get hit with probation or loss of recruits.