KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Arizona's Allonzo Trier Declared Ineligible

Just tested positive for a banned substance, back to being banned. Unless he gets reinstated, I don't see Arizona making it to the second weekend in the tourney.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

I was wondering why the line moved on that Arizona Oregon St game. Well his college career is offically over.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Wow that’s huge ��

Zona is done without Trier. First round upset coming.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Wow that’s huge ��

Zona is done without Trier. First round upset coming.
    That's what I'm thinking. Without him they have almost no productive perimeter guys.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Awesome I will take zona first round

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Awesome I will take zona first round
    Wouldn’t doubt it the way you bet cbb

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Wouldn’t doubt it the way you bet cbb
    Not sure how to take that comment but I bet all sports the same. Buy low sell high

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big loss

No west coast team will make final 16

KRIT

LOL we are already picking games before they even come out.

It's a big blow to Arizona, they go as far as Trier takes them. Still a chance he can win his appeal and will he be allowed to play.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Relax. Guy was in a car accident and was given a substance by a family member to recover faster. Stuff stays in your system for a long time. It's reported to be a miniscule amount in his system, good chance he wins the appeal. Cats could make Elite 8 with Ayton alone, guy is going to be a top 3 lottery pick. Ristic is a beast and PJC steps up just fine.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

That being said, they face a good zone D and the Wildcats struggle.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I’ve watched a lot of Arizona’s games the last two years. He’s a good player who can score and create his own shot but this injury may actually work in their favor. Trier doesn’t operate in the flow of their offense. When he has the ball, it’s typically to get his own look and it’s usually a tough shot. Now he is talented so often times he makes these shots but I really don’t think this will end up hurting the Wildcats all that much. There’s a reason they’ve never really hit their stride all season long.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

It hurts because they don't have a lot of depth which just puts more pressure on their starters to put up higher numbers. Yeah Trier is the type of player who will force up bad shots at times but he can also go on a tear. He gets to the line a lot, shoots over 50% from the field, and is also 2nd in assists. Id much rather play Arizona with one less scorer on the floor.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Lol @ theyre better without him

KRIT

They got very little depth, but they just don't have a lot of playmakers on the perimeter. JPC is solid for what he is, but he isn't a final four caliber PG. Alkins has disappointed this season, I just don't think he's all that healthy. Probably Sean Millers worst defensive team in a long time. PAC-12 might not even have a second weekend team. Ayton gonna eat for sure now that Trier is gone.
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave KRIT 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24321

2nd time he has been caught cheating in the last 2 years..not only does az pay their players, they give them steroids too

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    They got very little depth, but they just don't have a lot of playmakers on the perimeter. JPC is solid for what he is, but he isn't a final four caliber PG. Alkins has disappointed this season, I just don't think he's all that healthy. Probably Sean Millers worst defensive team in a long time. PAC-12 might not even have a second weekend team. Ayton gonna eat for sure now that Trier is gone.
    Arizona has 4 and 5 star recruits on the bench but Sean Miller is one of those coaches who is the ultimate control freak and doesn’t have the patience to let them grow.

Zona23
    Zona23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

New to the forum but i go to school up here at Zona.Very close with the guys but everyone believes he will be back and like Wizzle said they could be better without him in the line up even if its for a few games. Akot and Randolph are 4 and 5 star recruits,Rawle will get more shots and Ayton is good enough to carry a Arizona team out of the first and second round. Miller is the issue more than Trier being out

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Zona23 View Post
    New to the forum but i go to school up here at Zona.Very close with the guys but everyone believes he will be back and like Wizzle said they could be better without him in the line up even if its for a few games. Akot and Randolph are 4 and 5 star recruits,Rawle will get more shots and Ayton is good enough to carry a Arizona team out of the first and second round. Miller is the issue more than Trier being out
    Your cats are certainly NOT better without Trier, period.

Alkins has been disappointing this year, and PJC is not a top 25 point guard. Yes Ayton is a total beast, but as you saw last night going to OT with a below average Beavers squad, they’re defense is not good enough to afford to lose a big chunk of their offense. Trier has the talent to go on a scoring run if/when his team gets cold. Big men don’t go deep in the tourney on their own, unlike guards who can (Shabazz, Kemba, Sindarius to name a few)
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave DOM_Toretto 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

t-wizzle

Your cats are certainly NOT better without Trier, period.

Alkins has been disappointing this year, and PJC is not a top 25 point guard. Yes Ayton is a total beast, but as you saw last night going to OT with a below average Beavers squad, they’re defense is not good enough to afford to lose a big chunk of their offense. Trier has the talent to go on a scoring run if/when his team gets cold. Big men don’t go deep in the tourney on their own, unlike guards who can (Shabazz, Kemba, Sindarius to name a few)
    Dom honest question do you actually watch the games or do you just go by numbers?

KRIT

I heard there is a decent chance he wins his appeal and gets to play.

Zona23

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Dom honest question do you actually watch the games or do you just go by numbers?
    Ralwe has been hurt all year and has a hard time finding a rhytm with Trier and Ayton taking a majority of shots. He gets to find his groove and play himself back into first round draft talks that were there before his imjury. PJC is as good as a point guard Miller needs to run his type of offense. They found out a matter of 2 hours before the game that Trier wasnt playing. Hard to get up on road after finding out that kind of news. Wouldnt look as last nights game too much. Trier or not this Zona team is still very talented and much more capable of escaping the second round. No need to look at a single number or stat

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Zona23 View Post
    Ralwe has been hurt all year and has a hard time finding a rhytm with Trier and Ayton taking a majority of shots. He gets to find his groove and play himself back into first round draft talks that were there before his imjury. PJC is as good as a point guard Miller needs to run his type of offense. They found out a matter of 2 hours before the game that Trier wasnt playing. Hard to get up on road after finding out that kind of news. Wouldnt look as last nights game too much. Trier or not this Zona team is still very talented and much more capable of escaping the second round. No need to look at a single number or stat
    I was asking Dom because it seems like he is looking at things from purely a numbers standpoint. I think they have guys who can step up and make up for the loss of Trier’s production.

Again, he’s a good player because he can get to his spot on the floor and make tough shots but that’s also the problem. He takes a lot of difficult shots. Maybe this will help their offense find better quality shots.

Zona23

agreed. It will be interesting season for the guys. Hope trier comes back

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I watch way too many games man. I watch probably 10-15 full games a week on TV, and many others flipping channels. I go to Horizon League tournament in person because it happens to be in my city. My wife could name more than half the starting lineup of Wichita State back in 2013 when they made a ‘surprise’ final four run because she wanted watch the MVC finals game since it was a rematch of the previously entertaining Creighton-WSU game she watched with me a week earlier! It surprised the hell out of my friends when she did, ha!
    Last edited by DOM_Toretto; 02-23-18 at 03:06 PM.

t-wizzle

I watch way too many games man. I watch probably 10-15 full games a week on TV, and many others flipping channels. I go to Horizon League tournament in person because it happens to be in my city. My wife could name more than half the starting lineup of Wichita State back in 2013 when they made a ‘surprise’ final four run because she wanted watch the MVC finals game since it was a rematch of the previously entertaining Creighton-WSU game she watched with me a week earlier! It surprised the hell out of my friends when she did, ha!
    Cleanthony Early, Fred VanVleet, Carl Hall, Tekele Cotton, Ron Baker, Malcolm Armstead... that’s all I got haha. I wanted that team to win it all so bad.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Okay I change my tune, looks like Coach Miller may have been recorded talking about giving Ayton $100k to ensure he commits to Arizona?! Wow. If true, means Ayton won’t play in the tourney, Miller will be out, and Zona could face much more serious penalties. Anyone with Zona futures can rip them up now...

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Okay I change my tune, looks like Coach Miller may have been recorded talking about giving Ayton $100k to ensure he commits to Arizona?! Wow. If true, means Ayton won’t play in the tourney, Miller will be out, and Zona could face much more serious penalties. Anyone with Zona futures can rip them up now...
    I will be surprised if Miller survives the weekend.

KRIT

He won his appeal and will play tonight.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Everyone now back - Business as usual in AZ's eyes... We shall see