2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

NCAA hoops 2/9-2/10 discussion thread!

THANK YOU to all who continue to participate helping to make these one of most informative and worthwhile reads around imo!! Trust me I have no interest in taking all the credit, without ya'll asking questions and/or binging your knowledge to the party these would grow stale fast!!

I also want to thank the folks who have been REAL MEN and stayed away from posting any trolling garbage in these threads! I have gained a ton of respect for each One of you and I will go out of my ways to show the same respect in threads that you start moving forward!

Lastly we did still have one lowlife who seems very lonely (won't mention his name cause he not worthy of being talked about) to the point he craves our attentionI I'm incredibly proud of everyone for not responding to him 1 time!! If he again comes to prove what a loser he is let's just continue starving him till he dies!!

I decided No sense having a whole thread dedicated to this this puny Friday card.. I havnt even looked yet so not sure if there any value to be had or not?

Sorry wasn't able to get thread up sooner, I'm still not prepared so once again relying on you guys to carry it till I get some capping done! I'll start chiming in and answering any questions as I cap them, and remember we doing Saturday here as well so feel free to start discussing those games as well!

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Princeton getting 2.5 intrigues me today Banker... Have won 6 of 9 and Harvard struggling against the spread at home.. Offensively they have been up and down at home and have an even point differential.. Princeton shooting 50% from field last 5 and avg 80 a game over than span.. Think the better team getting points this afternoon.. Bol Bank

2daBank

1st thing I thought when looking at this card was "Hoosiers really laying 7?!?". Then I see if their 6 conf wins 3 have been by more than that. Then I look at gophers and during this 1-9 stretch 6 have been losses by more than 7 but their last 2 against superior squads (3 point ot loss at michigan and a 6 point home loss to Nebraska). Guess that all saying the 7 point line isn't that out of whack as I kinda thought at 1st glance. Lol

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Colombia +4

Similar situation to USC last night where I feel road team can hang and potentially steal one on the road.
    Winners of 3 of 4 really picking up their offensive game as of late, actually watched them beat Penn and was really impresssed. Obviously team had a horrible start to the season battling injuries but could really see how good this team could be. Yale coming off 2 road losses makes me worry a bit but I think they will be looking past the lions tonight..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Princeton getting 2.5 intrigues me today Banker... Have won 6 of 9 and Harvard struggling against the spread at home.. Offensively they have been up and down at home and have an even point differential.. Princeton shooting 50% from field last 5 and avg 80 a game over than span.. Think the better team getting points this afternoon.. Bol Bank
    If you recall last weekend we started playing Columbia money line with the thought Harvard was gonna be favs Friday and Saturday so was kinda a mini chase even tho fully expected to win with Columbia (and we did!! ).

Those last 2 Harvard games they have allowed teams to hit well above their season averages from behind the arc, Princeton 37th in country taking almost 45% of their shots from 3. My biggest concern is I usually prefer my road team to be better defensively and that certainly not the case here as we be counting on Princeton's best offense in the ivy. What I do like is Harvard defensive numbers are enhanced by creating turnovers 20% of possessions and I doubt that happens here as tigers tops in ivy at valuing the rock. They home this weekend but I think very similar situation as last week where pretty likely Harvard be small favs both games and chances of either Princeton or penn clipping them is pretty decent!!

You know me, all about forgoing the points and taking the +125 as I think you spotted a good 1 here and tigers odds of winning higher than the implied 44.5%!!!! I also think there touch of value in the over 130.5, it should be raining 3s against a couple below average perimeter defenses!!
    Points Awarded:

bballs84 gave 2daBank 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Colombia +4

Similar situation to USC last night where I feel road team can hang and potentially steal one on the road.
    Winners of 3 of 4 really picking up their offensive game as of late, actually watched them beat Penn and was really impresssed. Obviously team had a horrible start to the season battling injuries but could really see how good this team could be. Yale coming off 2 road losses makes me worry a bit but I think they will be looking past the lions tonight..
    I'll get to this one in one minute but man how bad did it suck USC failed to score a point in final 2 minutes to kill my over!! Glad you guys cashed but Trojans tried sticking it to everyone with that pathetic effort at the end!!

2daBank

KDF my 1st thought is I worry for Columbia's 3 point reliance against a Yale team playing some of best 3 point d in the conf. Bulldogs last 3 home games they have held their opponents well below their average 3 point percentage in conf play! Columbia only has 1 road victory on season and that came very early vs 339th kp ranked longwood!! I'm pretty firm on belief to play a dog of 6 or less i need to believe they can win and I'm not real sure on this one..

You make some solid points but these impressive performances have all came at home and now we asking a 3 point reliant jump shooting team to carry that success on the road vs a Yale team playing some of best defense in the ivy.

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I'll get to this one in one minute but man how bad did it suck USC failed to score a point in final 2 minutes to kill my over!! Glad you guys cashed but Trojans tried sticking it to everyone with that pathetic effort at the end!!
    Thought it was in the bag. I just hate when teams play the stall game too soon. Run your offense and don't just milk the clock.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Princeton has hit a wall since exactly 1 week ago today struggling to get a comeback close win at home then losing a close one to rowan and then getting destroyed by penn

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Princeton has hit a wall since exactly 1 week ago today struggling to get a comeback close win at home then losing a close one to rowan and then getting destroyed by penn
    Much worse pen teams have been known to play the tigers tough. Took them to ot in 1st ivy conf tourney last year, year before 1 ot game and a 1 point loss in last game of '16.. might be good for tigers to get out on the road after that long home stretch and as you said hitting a bit of a wall the last 2 games.

Defense has really been a weakness which why I think this over has a lot of appeal. Pace gonna be a issue so we will need good shooting but don't think that be a issue, Harvard has been lighting it up from deep and tigers don't defend 3 well. On other end tigers offense been just fine outside the pen game which came on heels of b2b OT games for them.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

To your point Bank I agree with your analogy regarding their reliance on the 3 ball. Plus Yale will want to make things right after two tough road losses. Sticking with my play tonight. Wish me luck

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    Thought it was in the bag. I just hate when teams play the stall game too soon. Run your offense and don't just milk the clock.
    All I can remember now is a USC kid driving the lane and blowing a dunk that would have given them 80 and all but guaranteed the over! Lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    To your point Bank I agree with your analogy regarding their reliance on the 3 ball. Plus Yale will want to make things right after two tough road losses. Sticking with my play tonight. Wish me luck
    Absolutely brother, I'm passing but hope I'm making a mistake and you cash!! Gl

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Hey bro, a great looking card for 2marrow...still got a lot of work to do...but these games caught my early attention : Marq. , Miss St.,Mia. and Neb. You think Mizzu can do it vs Miss St. ?

2daBank

I went with the over 131 in Princeton/Harvard. 100% agree with bballs thoughts and play on Princeton, as I said I prefer the +125 to the +2. Most of you prob already know this about me but I hate playing side and total in same game (hard enough to get 1 right let alone both! Lol).. still torn on whether I put money on the side, I did take Princeton in the contests.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Hey bro, a great looking card for 2marrow...still got a lot of work to do...but these games caught my early attention : Marq. , Miss St.,Mia. and Neb. You think Mizzu can do it vs Miss St. ?
    I'm almost done with wrapping up Friday's games then I'll start with 2marro.

Far as mizzou goes I don't know the spread but I absolutely believe they will avenge the earlier loss to sip st. They lead all 1st half in that game then crumbled in Starkville. Redic amount of turnovers and tigers shot uncharacteristicly poor from behind the arc, don't expect t either of those things to repeat themselves in Columbia!!

Make sure you return and gives us some thoughts on the games you choose to play! Always enjoy hearing your take as we tend to look at things a lot differently, lots of ways to skin a cat!!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Ive watched Princeton some this year as well as every year and liked them, but have to admit I didnt like what I saw against Yale last Friday at home. They won in OT but just could not take control of the game, Yale seemed to score every time down in 2nd half. This is Princeton's first road game after 6 straight home games, pretty rare in college ball, may feel a little weird to them, lost last two and will be going up against a Harvard squad who like Penn gives up less than a point a possession. Princeton just lost to Penn at home by 17.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Garbage card, Friday's are the worst for college hoops.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Ive watched Princeton some this year as well as every year and liked them, but have to admit I didnt like what I saw against Yale last Friday at home. They won in OT but just could not take control of the game, Yale seemed to score every time down in 2nd half. This is Princeton's first road game after 6 straight home games, pretty rare in college ball, may feel a little weird to them, lost last two and will be going up against a Harvard squad who like Penn gives up less than a point a possession. Princeton just lost to Penn at home by 17.
    The penn game came on the heels of b2b ot games and as I mentioned penn tends to play tigers tough. Those are all certainly fair points tho and the reason I like the over more than side. Harvard defense has been vulnerable lately and Princeton offense very good, I don't think they will be holding them under point per possession. Totally agree tigers defense has looked shoddy tho and that not something I like when trusting a road team. I've really come to like this over the more we discuss this game!!

Excellent points by everyone by the way!! Good stuff!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Garbage card, Friday's are the worst for college hoops.
    I dunno. I been crushing Friday's of late. Sometimes I find it easier with less options!! lol

2daBank

Someone I have great deal of respect for when it comes to the MAC has a very good write up on the Toledo game at another site. Digging into it little more myself but he makes a very good case to lay the -3 w the rockets.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I got nothing for tonight, but Super Saturday card is loaded as always. Spreads aren’t out yet but I’ve looked over the schedule and see some prime home upset alerts already.

Georgia over Auburn
    Bama over Tennessee
    Texas A&M over Kentucky

and I like Zags to get revenge at SMC

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

My bet of the night is Columbia +4.5.
    Bulldogs are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games.
    The public agrees with me.
    Watched Yale twice now and they look like a Canadian High school team.
    Bulldogs are also 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up loss.
    This is more of a bet against Yale than it is a bet on Columbia.

Good Luck.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I got nothing for tonight, but Super Saturday card is loaded as always. Spreads aren’t out yet but I’ve looked over the schedule and see some prime home upset alerts already.

Georgia over Auburn
    Bama over Tennessee
    Texas A&M over Kentucky

and I like Zags to get revenge at SMC
    Not sure that aggies be dogs. Let's hope so. I been back on the Aggie train for a minute now (actually started a little too soon but that ok, paying off now). Still think this potentially one of best teams in country.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    The public agrees with me.
    Watched Yale twice now and they look like a Canadian High school team.
    Bulldogs are also 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up loss.
    This is more of a bet against Yale than it is a bet on Columbia.

Good Luck.
    I just don't trust Columbia on the road and more importantly against a Yale team that playing very good perimeter defense. I hope I'm wrong and you guys cash with them, it just not for me.

hit_me90
    hit_me90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4389

Bank, so right now do you have any posted plays for tonight?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Great thread

wrote on Rhody already my only move

Here’s what I’m looking @ for tomorrow 56 Davidson 13-9 (8-3) @ 32 Rhode Island 19-3 (11-0)Outline since on mobile - since introduction into A10 (2015), these 2, have played 60-59, 65-54, 70-59, 73-70, all during which Coach McKillop’s crew played @ a much faster pace. - Both General’s still remain @ the helm- Rhody week prep, Davidson 3rd game in 6 days - Wildcats zero bench , and combining that w/ last bullet, CBM w/ obv have to grind. - Rhody 3 Games up - Rams give up a huge chuck (#1) in conference sending opponents to Line, as they get after you on D , trying to force Turnovers and get out in transition. Very similar to Shaka’ rams (albeit VCU)

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hit_me90 View Post
    Bank, so right now do you have any posted plays for tonight?
    Princeton/Harvard over 131 is only thing I've put money on so far. (I did play Princeton in some contest but not betting them).. pretty close to playing Toledo, will post my card after I do.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Mobile copy job ^ clearer in my thread

I got 144.5 1x 68 2x

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

The Dartmouth Big Green are 3-3 at home this season, 0-6 against conference opponents, and 4-9 against non-conference opponents.

Quakers are 5-2 while on the road this season, 6-0 against conference opponents, and 10-6 against non-conference opponents.

Dart has won the last 3 though

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I just don't trust Columbia on the road and more importantly against a Yale team that playing very good perimeter defense. I hope I'm wrong and you guys cash with them, it just not for me.
    They do actually play that 2-3 zone well but, offensively they are hard to watch.
    Offensive rebounding, nothing there.
    Maybe the under is a better bet.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Great thread

wrote on Rhody already my only move

Here’s what I’m looking @ for tomorrow 56 Davidson 13-9 (8-3) @ 32 Rhode Island 19-3 (11-0)Outline since on mobile - since introduction into A10 (2015), these 2, have played 60-59, 65-54, 70-59, 73-70, all during which Coach McKillop’s crew played @ a much faster pace. - Both General’s still remain @ the helm- Rhody week prep, Davidson 3rd game in 6 days - Wildcats zero bench , and combining that w/ last bullet, CBM w/ obv have to grind. - Rhody 3 Games up - Rams give up a huge chuck (#1) in conference sending opponents to Line, as they get after you on D , trying to force Turnovers and get out in transition. Very similar to Shaka’ rams (albeit VCU)
    Thanks for stopping by bro. Your thoughts always appreciated!! I can't tell who you on tho!! Lol.

I gotta say I did really well fading Davidson out of conf but they have gotten me several times in a-10 play as clearly they been playing better than I'm giving them credit for! Their defense been light years better than it was early on. I have been equally as good with Rhody as I been bad with Davidson tho! (Really like this RI team!)

I Been looking at this one a little and can't decide if I'm willing to lay the number? Biggest thing for me is RI been playing incredible perimeter d, not only allowing teams to shoot barely over 30% in a-10 play but also running them off the line with teams only attempting 29% of their shots from 3. That lines up perfectly with what rams did to Davidson last season in 3 meetings (destroying them twice) only allowing them to shoot 24% from behind the arc!! Davidson lives and dies from distance as they 5th in country having 49.8% of their shots from 3!! I think rams continue taking them off their game. Just hesitant as I mentioned i think my ranking for Davidson is off. Thinking of finding suitable ml parlay partner.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

My computer is back up and I'm going to try to contribute a bit here, good thread Banker.

Of course my contribution is a going to be a little more numbers in relation to the markets. I'll try to offer a little market perspective that is really best used when you combine it with your own handicapping.

My first contribution is a question for Jay...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    The public agrees with me...
    Curious why you say the public agrees with you here.

The sharpest forecast I make, the one that stacks percentages to try and maintain a low line error and keep us better than 50-50 and even performing with an edge has the upset with Columbia winning with 72 points to Yale's 70 points.

I want to add that the stacking percentage forecast, the sharpest one long term I make, is down about 11 units vs. the closing line over the last 100 plays. That's with as little as a 1/2 point discrepancy against the market. It's still solid by other metrics, and it may start come around. No reason to abandon the methodology yet...lol.

Against the moneyline, that forecast is up about 3 units against every game on the board over the last 100 plays, closing lines.

It's down about 3 units against the Totals over the last 100 plays, again with 1/2 point discrepancy and against closer.

The public gauge which is basically an amalgam of public perception using some common numbers and ratings combined with recent performance, which is what a team is showing the public basically.

That gauge is non-predictive but shows how the market is made up a bit. It has Yale winning 77-71.

Yale is favored here and I think the public is by and large looking for Yale to bounce here. It's might be the sharper money that's keeping the line where it is.

The moneyline from information I have, seems well priced and split. But that spread seems to be public heavy, from what I'm hearing, while the sharps are causing what everyone calls RLM, for what that's worth.

I hope you don't mind some of this style of discussion. It can help put me things into perspective and definitely, again, is best used alongside the rest of the type of capping going on in this thread.

And Jay you know I'm not arguing, just wondering what you saw to say the public agreed. Maybe some consensus numbers or something, that's ok because even if they are not reliable, it's not the info, it's how you use it.

It's good for discussion.

I'm still not prepared to hit every game for tonight, but I'll chime in when I can today and with Bankers future daily threads if you guys welcome the info.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    The Dartmouth Big Green are 3-3 at home this season, 0-6 against conference opponents, and 4-9 against non-conference opponents.

Quakers are 5-2 while on the road this season, 6-0 against conference opponents, and 10-6 against non-conference opponents.

Dart has won the last 3 though

Dartmouth on major slide it seems but they have also had brutal schedule. If I'm seeing that right they have only played 3 home games since beginning of December?? Wow!

Honestly I know very little about the bottom of the ivy (the Dartmouth, Browns, Cornell's of the world), I try to keep up with the top half but there only so much time in a day! Interesting that they have beaten penn so much and this their 1st home game in weeks. What your thoughts on how it plays out?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    My computer is back up and I'm going to try to contribute a bit here, good thread Banker.

Of course my contribution is a going to be a little more numbers in relation to the markets. I'll try to offer a little market perspective that is really best used when you combine it with your own handicapping.

My first contribution is a question for Jay...

Curious why you say the public agrees with you here.

The sharpest forecast I make, the one that stacks percentages to try and maintain a low line error and keep us better than 50-50 and even performing with an edge has the upset with Columbia winning with 72 points to Yale's 70 points.

I want to add that the stacking percentage forecast, the sharpest one long term I make, is down about 11 units vs. the closing line over the last 100 plays. That's with as little as a 1/2 point discrepancy against the market. It's still solid by other metrics, and it may start come around. No reason to abandon the methodology yet...lol.

Against the moneyline, that forecast is up about 3 units against every game on the board over the last 100 plays, closing lines.

It's down about 3 units against the Totals over the last 100 plays, again with 1/2 point discrepancy and against closer.

The public gauge which is basically an amalgam of public perception using some common numbers and ratings combined with recent performance, which is what a team is showing the public basically.

That gauge is non-predictive but shows how the market is made up a bit. It has Yale winning 77-71.

Yale is favored here and I think the public is by and large looking for Yale to bounce here. It's might be the sharper money that's keeping the line where it is.

The moneyline from information I have, seems well priced and split. But that spread seems to be public heavy, from what I'm hearing, while the sharps are causing what everyone calls RLM, for what that's worth.

I hope you don't mind some of this style of discussion. It can help put me things into perspective and definitely, again, is best used alongside the rest of the type of capping going on in this thread.

And Jay you know I'm not arguing, just wondering what you saw to say the public agreed. Maybe some consensus numbers or something, that's ok because even if they are not reliable, it's not the info, it's how you use it.

It's good for discussion.

I'm still not prepared to hit every game for tonight, but I'll chime in when I can today and with Bankers future daily threads if you guys welcome the info.

It's great to have you aboard brother and of course your knowledge on this subject is welcome..

I'll let you in on a little secret, I find your takes on this stuff so interesting that even tho I've never watched or bet a CFL game I always took the time to read your thread on it!!!

This stuff way out of my league/comfort zone but this the reason I do these threads cause I'm always interested in learning how others go about this thing we do and certainly think there a place for other ways of going about it. More knowledge can never be a bad thing and I suspect using your info be a very helpful way to narrow down/eliminate potentially bad plays (Washington huskies last night comes to mind!)..

1234 ... Last