2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Not sure a team can go anywhere with Painter.
    I don't buy that, I think unfairly we in a world where if a guy doesn't win championships it means he garbage and I just don't believe that the case.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I don't buy that, I think unfairly we in a world where if a guy doesn't win championships it means he garbage and I just don't believe that the case.
    I wouldn't say garbage....

2daBank

I wouldn't say garbage....
    Tell ya what, if this team doesn't get to at least elite 8 I'll change my tune and call him garbage. Lol

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Tell ya what, if this team doesn't get to at least elite 8 I'll change my tune and call him garbage. Lol
    I think only the elite 8 for this talent would be another disappointment.

2daBank

I think only the elite 8 for this talent would be another disappointment.
    Maybe but who knows, by that point there will be 7 other good teams playing good ball, at that point I can't kill a guy for losing, someone has to.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    LMAO - unless the game has changed profoundly... I still think that you win if you score more points than the opponent. That is something that Purdue has done to the overall record of 21-2 while going 4-1 vs the top 25 and also 10-0 in the Big Ten.

But you are probably right... their stats are not good enough, it's all a mirage.
    Not really a sense-maker to me? You say, don't worry about anything while they are winning and winning big? Well, lowly IU gave them about all they could handle.
    I was looking for insight info because I want to see some other reason's to believe they are Champ material.

For instance: Do they have a 6-11 center who swats/rebounds with authority?
    Do they have height at forward who rebound with the same gusto as above?

I guess I'll Google and see the answer for myself. When my money goes down I want to see if I have a horse who can beat the best when the best come forward in late March, not in January. Hello.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Not really a sense-maker to me? You say, don't worry about anything while they are winning and winning big? Well, lowly IU gave them about all they could handle.
    I was looking for insight info because I want to see some other reason's to believe they are Champ material.

For instance: Do they have a 6-11 center who swats/rebounds with authority?
    Do they have height at forward who rebound with the same gusto as above?

I guess I'll Google and see the answer for myself. When my money goes down I want to see if I have a horse who can beat the best when the best come forward in late March, not in January. Hello.
    Yep, I see what I was looking for and the reason I do not see Purdue as major threat to take the big cake in college basketball.
    The 7-2, 290 giant averages "only" 5 rbs a game. The next best rebounder is 6-8 V. Edwards at 7.7. Not bad but not good enough rebounding as a team[to me] to consider betting on them as a champ of anything.
    The other reason: We are midway to the Final Four, right, and Purdue has 5 major-sized victories over the bottom-feeders in the Big, as of now.

The other three wins were close. IU, give me a break and solid team Michigan by 1 and 4 points. I will wait and see if they can win the Big-Ten, even though as of today they are favored to do so.
    Well, they do have 2 more league victories than I thought, at 10/0, but I am basing my opinion on this January, 2018.

I am guessing they will not get a #1 seed, also.
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 01-30-18 at 10:49 AM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Been said a few times here but worth repeating.

Matt Painter is NOT a good tourney coach

He’s made it out of the 1st weekend only 3 times since 2004 with Purdue.

First 12