flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Colorado @ USC - 11.5

Did anyone else think that ending was fishy? Colorado rebounds down 12 with 7 seconds to go and no one in front of them for an easy layup. The guy just stopped and let time run which gave USC the cover, winning by 12 and the hook.

I wasnt on it, but thought that was a bummer for anyone on Colorado.

tlk23
    tlk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6860

It also didn't make sense that USC called a timeout with 20 second left up 12, and then puts up a shot when they could have ran the clock out.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

I believe the closing line, at last on bookmaker was exactly 12. Was going to take CU myself at that number, but missed the cutoff as the game had started. So some people would have pushed all around.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

I didn’t understand the time out. Someone explain that to me..

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I had +12 on it myself.......woke up to see the push.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by tlk23 View Post
    It also didn't make sense that USC called a timeout with 20 second left up 12, and then puts up a shot when they could have ran the clock out.
    Wow, completely forgot that. You're right, they didn't even have to shoot. Was definitely an odd ending.

My book was 11.5. almost took Colorado. Would have been livid.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

It's an odd ending because some retard on U$C probably had his cousin Pookie placing bets for him.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Honestly, it’s those sorts of things near the end of games that are meaningless to the outcome that puzzle me the most. It’s hard not to question what the purpose of those certain instances mean other than to influence the spread.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Honestly, it’s those sorts of things near the end of games that are meaningless to the outcome that puzzle me the most. It’s hard not to question what the purpose of those certain instances mean other than to influence the spread.
    Could not agree more. It happens so often and has no influence except on the Vegas books.

three3bomber
    three3bomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

That was shady, not being naive just asking...are these games thrown and WHO is getting to these players or coaches, is it enough to lose your scholly/job ??

three3bomber

These brother know the SPREAD when they are out here playing ? Some of these dudes arent bright

three3bomber

In these scenarios, who is on the take...players or coaches ?? And what they got to the SC players and not Colorado, just wondering ??

A4K

Players. Think about it...

You are an average college basketball player with ZERO chance of playing professionally and someone offers you $5k to shave off a few points. Wouldn't you do it? I guarantee these guys are on the take and it is happening all over the country in NCAA BB.

three3bomber

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Players. Think about it...

You are an average college basketball player with ZERO chance of playing professionally and someone offers you $5k to shave off a few points. Wouldn't you do it? I guarantee these guys are on the take and it is happening all over the country in NCAA BB.
    So are there "guys" just stationed all over the country that can get to college kids in different Conferences at all times ? That is a lot of amazing logistics...just seems like quite a "network" if that's how its going down..I don't doubt you, just don't know how it's necessarily pulled off

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Quote Originally Posted by three3bomber View Post
    So are there "guys" just stationed all over the country that can get to college kids in different Conferences at all times ? That is a lot of amazing logistics...just seems like quite a "network" if that's how its going down..I don't doubt you, just don't know how it's necessarily pulled off
    well small investment in a billion dollar industry who knows for sure. I don't think they can do it on the big games in my opinion to risky to get caught.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Prob a reason if you look deep enough it probably wasnt fishy at all.

three3bomber

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Prob a reason if you look deep enough it probably wasnt fishy at all.
    Enfield's wife's Slot maybe

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by three3bomber View Post
    GO READ....

The Fix Is In: The Showbiz Manipulations of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and NASCAR

A lot of players have been caught point shaving over the years. Not saying last night's game was rigged but it would not surprise me.

johnnygooble
    johnnygooble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

This is the third game USC has had with fishy endings as pointed out by I believe Conqueror. Banker wanted to argue with him on this. Believe it was santa barbara and New Mex St. Beware on your usc bets. Thanks for the good observations.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygooble View Post
    This is the third game USC has had with fishy endings as pointed out by I believe Conqueror. Banker wanted to argue with him on this. Believe it was santa barbara and New Mex St. Beware on your usc bets. Thanks for the good observations.
    And these kids live in LA of all places.... Late night games ending past midnight EDT. Perfect storm with little attention. Of all sports, CBB and the small games are the best targets to shave points no doubt. Players can personally dictate making bad plays, no defense, missing FTs, etc.

I'm going to follow USC more closely, interesting this isn't the first game a member called out.

A4K

Ok, I read USC called that late time-out to rub Colorado's coach the wrong way after the Colorado coach made disparaging remarks about the USC coach.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Ok, I read USC called that late time-out to rub Colorado's coach the wrong way after the Colorado coach made disparaging remarks about the USC coach.
    Its usually something or another like that before its something fishy.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

he did. the commentators said he didnt know what the beef was about.. it was clearly disrespectful lol

joshturnage4
    joshturnage4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

GO READ....

The Fix Is In: The Showbiz Manipulations of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and NASCAR

A lot of players have been caught point shaving over the years. Not saying last night's game was rigged but it would not surprise me.
    This the sole reason why hate betting favorites cause when you bet underdogs you don't care if someone shaves points or not if you just get lucky to be on a game where someone shaves points its all good. I like for all the games to be fair and honest but this is real life. Please don't miss understand me I'm not encouraging point shaving nor have I paid someone to fix a game. Alot of kids would not even have to get paid to do it some could just do it online and no one would know. Except maybe the tax man if you pay your taxes. If a person is concerned about point shaving maybe they should not be gambling.
    Last edited by joshturnage4; 01-11-18 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Miss spell

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

USC got screwed in prior game up 1 with like 3 sec left and stanford fella launched a shot just behind half court and nailed it for the win...

so USC was allowed to win and magically cover most lines for game. 2nd half line and anything prior to tip that wasn't 12

i circled USC as ML lock to win that game when i seen what happend to them plus the fact COL had just won 2 upsets in a row vs ranked teams

joshturnage4
    joshturnage4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I had Colorado at +12 bought some points and still pushed.