bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Indiana High School Basketball and Indiana University

How come this state produces so many great high school basketball players, but most of them snub the Hoosiers?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

word I got from some inside inside shit was Tom Crean was actually a very stand up dude

extremely righteous in a non holier than thou way

he wasn't about working the back channels with the coaches, AAU, families ect to funnel the alum $ to land the recruits

the west side of Indiana and bigger cities are all about that.

problem is. Archie is also a believer that you can still sit in a living room with a stud, his mom, his dad, his little sister his grampa whatever and look a kid and his family in his eyes and get them to follow you.

I don't have that kind of faith in humanity anymore. maybe in the cornfields but too far and too few between.

Archie might have been able to do that with 2 and 3 stars to dayton but its a different story getting 5 stars to IU.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    word I got from some inside inside shit was Tom Crean was actually a very stand up dude

extremely righteous in a non holier than thou way

he wasn't about working the back channels with the coaches, AAU, families ect to funnel the alum $ to land the recruits

the west side of Indiana and bigger cities are all about that.

problem is. Archie is also a believer that you can still sit in a living room with a stud, his mom, his dad, his little sister his grampa whatever and look a kid and his family in his eyes and get them to follow you.

I don't have that kind of faith in humanity anymore. maybe in the cornfields but too far and too few between.

Archie might have been able to do that with 2 and 3 stars to dayton but its a different story getting 5 stars to IU.
    Ok thanks, because I see all these ** Donalds All Americans from the state like Jackson at MSU and none of them are going to IU.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

its a shady ass business

I mean i'm ok with the players and their fams getting paid, with all the $ they bring the universities and the people that benefit from that don't look much like most of the players....

but when the feds and ncaa start to ruin coaching careers due to it. you are gonna have some young up and comers stud coaches getting promoted to big programs with families... they are gonna be scared off from getting their hands dirty for the time being