2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

11/27 NCAA hoops plays and discussion thread!!

Sadly the wonderful week of amazing tourneys is over, and what a amazing week of hoops! Man I love college basketball!! Finished up with nice day yesterday to cap a profitable week (even tho gators loss was a real kick in the nuts, freaking duke! Can't kill that team who was down double digits in each of last 2 contest yet found a way to pull it out! That freshman big they have is a baller).

Fortunately while the tourneys over we do have the acc/big 10 challenge this week so we should be in for some more good basketball!!! Appreciate everyone's contributions to the threads as I'm just the trigger man, everyone participating is what makes these threads amazing!! I'm just sitting down to look at card now so wanted to get thread started while I cap the games so everyone can chime in!!

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

card looks like shit today

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Sadly the wonderful week of amazing tourneys is over, and what a amazing week of hoops! Man I love college basketball!! Finished up with nice day yesterday to cap a profitable week (even tho gators loss was a real kick in the nuts, freaking duke! Can't kill that team who was down double digits in each of last 2 contest yet found a way to pull it out! That freshman big they have is a baller).
    Fortunately while the tourneys over we do have the acc/big 10 challenge this week so we should be in for some more good basketball!!! Appreciate everyone's contributions to the threads as I'm just the trigger man, everyone participating is what makes these threads amazing!! I'm just sitting down to look at card now so wanted to get thread started while I cap the games so everyone can chime in!!
    Marvin Bagley is the real deal! Dude is virtually un-guardable at the moment.

Small sample size today. Can't wait for the ACC/BIG 10 challenge but in the meantime...

Duquense -4.5
    Thinking about UVA -7.5
    Yale -1.5

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    card looks like shit today
    Yea, don't foresee many more days having 10-20 plays till we get into conf play on Saturday's! Lol

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Might Add Maryland +3 especially if leading scorer for Syracuse (Tyus Battle) is out. Game-time decision with back injury and is averaging 20 PPG

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Glad ya doing well banker! Not much on today's card, did make a small play on MD. but not sure what the story is with Cuse top player Battle? The books did shade the 1st half total on Wisy / UVA game,looking for over $....With a game total of 122.5,the 1st half should be priced at 57.5.....but books set it at 56,so the Under 1st half may be a play.Other wise don't see much....maybe Del. over Yale ??

2daBank

Agree with you guys on terps. I'm big into fading teams that sat at home playing cupcakes while others were testing themselves on nuetral courts vs better competition. Not that terps have played the best but they at least been facing teams in the top 100!

2daBank

Maryland +3.. I like terps chances of doing work on the offensive boards vs cuse zone which notoriously bad when it comes to cleaning up the defensive boards. Don't let the early success in that regard fool ya as this the 1st team cuse has faced that can match their size and athleticism. The last 2 seasons Boaheim teams have ranked way down towards the bottom in defensive rebounding percentage. Expect more of the same here as terps are 2nd in the country collecting 42% of their misses!!

Kodytena22
    Kodytena22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Cincinnati first half looks like a solid play also

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kodytena22 View Post
    Cincinnati first half looks like a solid play also
    Shit man they freaking 41 point favs!! Lol. Don't think I've ever gotten involved in a spread anywhere near that size!! Not saying you wrong, s. Alabama might not score 15! Lol., I just don't know how to begin to figure out a spread of that size!!

2daBank

Delaware +2.. Yale has played the tougher schedule without question but the blue hens have the best victory of the 2, outside that Richmond win neither team has beaten anyone inside the top 250! Matchup wise good game for Delaware as they get their points inside and at the line, Yale is 318th in 2 point fg percentage defense and foul quite a bit.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Loving Syracuse today even if this battle doesn't play. Love the zone and team ball they play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Loving Syracuse today even if this battle doesn't play. Love the zone and team ball they play.
    That zone very vulnerable to offensive rebounding for which terps 2nd in the country.

2daBank

Wiscy/uva un 123... should be a real grind it out affair here with two of the most deliberate teams in the country. Vcu at home is the only team to even crack 55 on this uva defense! Vandy and unc greenboro the only 2 teams that are even close to playing at the slow tempo of wiscy and those are the 2 games uva scored less than 70. Wisconsin plays slower than both those teams so expecting uva to be held to low/mid 60s which should be more than enough for them to get the W in a game I think we see around 115-120 for the total.

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

Wiscy/uva un 123... should be a real grind it out affair here with two of the most deliberate teams in the country. Vcu at home is the only team to even crack 55 on this uva defense! Vandy and unc greenboro the only 2 teams that are even close to playing at the slow tempo of wiscy and those are the 2 games uva scored less than 70. Wisconsin plays slower than both those teams so expecting uva to be held to low/mid 60s which should be more than enough for them to get the W in a game I think we see around 115-120 for the total.
    I like this a lot, I’ll ride with you here.. to me the total is definitely the play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime19 View Post
    I like this a lot, I’ll ride with you here.. to me the total is definitely the play.
    Seems like they would have to shoot way over their heads to get over here. Hoping and expecting it to be close enough we don't have to deal with desperation foul game at the end!!

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

We have the same thought process ( more or less) in capping the games.................................GL

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    We have the same thought process ( more or less) in capping the games.................................GL
    Great minds think alike buddy!! Lol.

2daBank

Cornell +6/+3.5 1st half.. . not lot to choose from so maybe I'm forcing a little but this spread feels a touch high. Dukes off a long layoff and have only played 3 games thus far, I see a team that shoots far too many treys despite shooting a horrific percentage from behind the arc. They also a team that been dependent on free throws for points and the big red does not put teams on the line ranking 45th in the country in that regard. Splitting between half and game here as I would expect some early rust from the dukes after a long layoff.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Banker what’s your go-to for your stats? Kenpom?

ie: 45th at putting opponents at the line...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Banker what’s your go-to for your stats? Kenpom?

ie: 45th at putting opponents at the line...
    Yea do most my work off kp numbers., 45th is in relation to percentage of fts allowed compared to shots taken..

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Last year's wisco team yeah, not this one. They suck at the 4 and 5 defending and are awful on the boards. This things going way over.

curtrambus

They don't even slow the game down anymore they'll play whatever pace. It's basically general perception that they'll play slow but they aren't waiting till the end of the shotclock to shoot anymore. I'm huge on 1st half and game over and I don't go huge too often but the total should be 130.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    They don't even slow the game down anymore they'll play whatever pace. It's basically general perception that they'll play slow but they aren't waiting till the end of the shotclock to shoot anymore. I'm huge on 1st half and game over and I don't go huge too often but the total should be 130.
    Their adjusted tempo rates 332nd in hoops!! They average 19.2 seconds per possession. That isn't perception that is fact... it could go over im wrong all the time but it won't be bacause wiscy plays up tempo. Gl

curtrambus

Not uptempo per say but they will pop it early unlike years past.

2daBank

Sure against a team like ucla but against a team like uva I don't expect them to have many good looks early in the clock. They are still averaging 19 seconds per possession so if they are taking more shots early in the clock that suggest to me they also running a lot of possessions all way down to the end.

Kiddpokerr
    Kiddpokerr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1042

Im seeing a lot of Maryland love for some reason, lean heavily on Cuse here. Although Maryland strives as underdogs...should be a good game.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15169

Cinci -43

Lmao

Kiddpokerr

Like Cornell 1half, tailing.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddpokerr View Post
    Im seeing a lot of Maryland love for some reason, lean heavily on Cuse here. Although Maryland strives as underdogs...should be a good game.
    Pretty simple for me really. Terps been excellent on the offensive glass and imo cuse zone very vulnerable to offensive rebounds. Plus cuse been sitting at home playing cupcakes all season and I'm big on fading teams that do such when they get their 1st taste of a solid team, good chance I'll be against them 1st time they step out on the road as well.. . gl if you play them tho

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Cinci -43

Lmao
    One of biggest spreads I can recall, lol. I'm sure there been others I just don't pay much attention. How the hell to determine if a team gonna have any interest winning by that much? Im sure bearcats can win by 50 if they so desire but will they?? Beats me.

2daBank

Something I found pretty interesting is on this site there seems to be lot of Terps love but over at another site I visit a lot of guys I respect on cuse.. certainly not saying I prefer being against anyone but I do feel better when I know not everyone on same side as me! Lol. Guess moral of story is per usual the books already won! Lol

Kiddpokerr

I like Oak -9 a lot

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Terps get it done tonight. Wisconsin-UVA under will hit, too.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddpokerr View Post
    I like Oak -9 a lot
    I looked at it, there was something that kept me off them, think it was just combination of missing good number and it being their 4th straight on the road I believe. Think that was jisf of why I passed. Gl

1234 Last