2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

NCAA hoops discussion thread

What up everyone!! My second favorite time of year behind conf tourneys! I have done no research this year nor made a play till yesterday, not a big deal cause most my capping is number based. Hoping we can have great discussions all week and find some winners. Feel free to join in with plays you like, comments, etc etc. I'll start off.

1st game I looked at was in Maui, was initially looking into over but I came up with 159 but Maui rims notoriously soft and no way for me to really account for that so curious what everyone thinks?

I do feel there some value in marq+10, I made shockers -7 so obviously don't agree w early steam moving line

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

My only concern with betting against the Shockers is that they did not play well in the 1st half yesterday and played really well in the 2nd half. I can see Marq hanging in this game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    My only concern with betting against the Shockers is that they did not play well in the 1st half yesterday and played really well in the 2nd half. I can see Marq hanging in this game.
    Marq shot really well from behind the arc (Maui has rep for being friendly to shooters) and shockers 3 pt defense one of their weaknesses imo.

OlDirtyBaztid
    OlDirtyBaztid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5187

banker, how you feeling about iowa? they're clearly the more dominant team on paper and i really like them coming off an L. also, if you don't mind, i'm curious where you do some of your research from for ncaam?

Husker36

I really like Iowa today. They had a horrific 1st half yesterday and couldn't recover. Only scored 17 points in the 1st half. Came out and scored 54 in the 2nd half but could never get out of the 20 point hole they were in. Now they play South Dakota State who lost by 12 to Wyoming. Nothing crazy in that game. Wyoming was just the better team. I think Iowa wins big here.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

There is a ton of line movement,this morning....my head is spinning. Still a lot of work to do. For me,I think -10 with WIT ST, is a lot to lay....but you never know........all the best bro.

OlDirtyBaztid
    OlDirtyBaztid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5187

I really like Iowa today. They had a horrific 1st half yesterday and couldn't recover. Only scored 17 points in the 1st half. Came out and scored 54 in the 2nd half but could never get out of the 20 point hole they were in. Now they play South Dakota State who lost by 12 to Wyoming. Nothing crazy in that game. Wyoming was just the better team. I think Iowa wins big here.
    glad we are on the same page

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Im trying to find a reason that this game stays under, but I just don't see it happening. After that poor 1h performance vs Cal yesterday, I gotta think that Marshall will have his guys ready to roll here. Even if they score in the low 70s first half, which I believe is very possible, have to think that mid to upper 80s in the second is even more feasible.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

I posted Arlington +10.5 in my thread already. UTA starts 5 seniors, and they won on the road at St Mary's last season (by 14) when St Mary's was ranked #12. Bama has some personnel issues and is starting 4 freshmen right now. UTA doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and Bama is terrible from the line so far this season. This is a step up in competition for the Tide as well, and I think 10 points is a tough ask for them in this spot.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid View Post
    banker, how you feeling about iowa? they're clearly the more dominant team on paper and i really like them coming off an L. also, if you don't mind, i'm curious where you do some of your research from for ncaam?
    I use team rankings.com for lot of ncaa and NFL. Of course kenpom my favorite, don't care much about his projections but his format how he has all the important stats to me all in same spots invaluable to me as it shaves so much time off my capping. Only hadicapping tool I'm always willing to shell out the 20 a year. Best money you will ever spend if you serious bout capping this sport imo..

Actually waiting for email cause having a terrible time logging in (changed emails since last year and forget wtf mind was, lol) that why I'm slow this morning! Everyone bear with me and I'll be able to start having responses soon as I get this figured out and I can run through card!!

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    What up everyone!! My second favorite time of year behind conf tourneys! I have done no research this year nor made a play till yesterday, not a big deal cause most my capping is number based. Hoping we can have great discussions all week and find some winners. Feel free to join in with plays you like, comments, etc etc. I'll start off.

1st game I looked at was in Maui, was initially looking into over but I came up with 159 but Maui rims notoriously soft and no way for me to really account for that so curious what everyone thinks?

I do feel there some value in marq+10, I made shockers -7 so obviously don't agree w early steam moving line
    shit, i just sent over shockers/marquette over 160.5 before i read this.....fkkk hahaha

oh well, good luck guys. will be checking it daily

2daBank

My concern with Iowa is they havnt played anyone inside top 100 till yesterday and they crappy ft shooters. Hate laying s number that might depend on bad ft shooters making fts at the end to mantain the cover.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    shit, i just sent over shockers/marquette over 160.5 before i read this.....fkkk hahaha

oh well, good luck guys. will be checking it daily
    I actually like over as well. Like I said that 159 I got doesn't account for playing in Maui where rims notoriously friendly. I'm gonna play as well.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

disagree

marshall is gonna give wojo a big boy lesson

2daBank

Iowa 1st half maybe? After a terrible start yesterday then kinda figuring their shot out in 2nd half I could see a carry over with better start. Plus avoids having to sweat out a foul fest at the end with a bad ft shooting team which I'm not a fan of!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

yeah I'm on iowa 1h

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    disagree

Still going up, pretty sure I'm gonna have to bet marq. Feel like the move creating too much value to pass. We shall see. Decided like the over as well. Waiting for Marq+12 then playing it.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

disagree

2daBank

yeah I'm on iowa 1h
    Yep, looks like best play to me. Just grabbed it.

2daBank

Step back down in class for wiscy today against a screwed up ucla squad? Lol. Like them to stop 2 game slide.

2daBank

Card so far.

Marq+11.5
    Ov 160
    Iowa 1st half -4
    Cal/vcu ov 159..

2daBank

Man books are def shading these Maui totals to the over. I came up right under cal/vcu as well but again i really don't know how to calculate favorable scoring conditions so my thought is if I'm within 2 points of total which I was on both then I'm gonna assume venue is certainly worth more than that so in theory value on over despite my number being right at posted total.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

love the thread ty

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Step back down in class for wiscy today against a screwed up ucla squad? Lol. Like them to stop 2 game slide.
    No way Badgers lose 3 in a row, I'm a diehard fan semi homer but I know everything about that team and they are way to good to lose to UCLA.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid View Post
    glad we are on the same page
    I like how it started...... Iowa scored the first 6

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    No way Badgers lose 3 in a row, I'm a diehard fan semi homer but I know everything about that team and they are way to good to lose to UCLA.
    I agree, no fan but far too much respect for that program to think they don't bounce back here. Their 2 losses were against better teams than ucla.

2daBank

Not to mention badgers really turned it on final 10 min last night. Hard to say if that them figuring things out or Baylor letting up with sizable lead but I like takin tourney teams next day after slow start and strong finish previous day!

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

They just matched up really bad against Baylor at the 4 spot and Xavier is legit. They beat Missouri in a closed scrimmage earlier in the year and some pro teams on their summer trip this year, the Badgers are legit they will win and more than likely easily.

2daBank

My tigers look like they have some serious potential!

2daBank

Forgot to post parlay I did but essentially it was a few fav MLs to make wisky pay almost 2 to 1. Iowa ml/shockers ml/wiscy-3. If the fav ml hit it simply gives me regular play on badgers for half the price!

Husker36

Come on Iowa...... need to be up by 5 at the half. Tied 21-21 with 8 mins left....

Husker36

Come on Iowa...... need to be up by 5 at the half. Tied 21-21 with 8 mins left....
    Ugh I put way too much on this game

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    I posted Arlington +10.5 in my thread already. UTA starts 5 seniors, and they won on the road at St Mary's last season (by 14) when St Mary's was ranked #12. Bama has some personnel issues and is starting 4 freshmen right now. UTA doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and Bama is terrible from the line so far this season. This is a step up in competition for the Tide as well, and I think 10 points is a tough ask for them in this spot.
    UTA will win this outright

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Forgot to post parlay I did but essentially it was a few fav MLs to make wisky pay almost 2 to 1. Iowa ml/shockers ml/wiscy-3. If the fav ml hit it simply gives me regular play on badgers for half the price!
    I fear they won't share the ball

When porter back?

2daBank

Mfer. Tried to get cute creating a play on Iowa even tho didn't like them for game. Couldn't help it I been dying to jump this off!

123 Last