TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    Dude, quit acting like a tough guy, the ref would have kicked your ass!
    Says the dude who picks winners after the game is over.

Do me a favor pal. Post your 30% winning percentage plays before the game starts I need some good fade material

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nothing worse than losing either a bet or your team because of shitty refs

Rather get beat by bad luck or just a beat down

Bad Refs are the absolute worst

Ruined Northwesterns chance...they had them on the ropes and then a 4 point swing and momentum gone

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

There's a couple D1 officials who are members at my club....you'd be amazed at the money they get paid per game and the amount of games they do each year. I talk to one a lot though obviously not about wagering. I have a fairly good understanding of what officials should call what and the lead official is not going to ever call a goal tending. It's a call an outside official has to get

I cant comment on officials ages as I've rarely seen one who couldn't keep up with the flow of the game. Human error is always going to be a factor in a game...

I'm pretty certain the 3 on that game (Jeff Clark - Chris Rastatter - Brian Hampton) will not be on another game in the tourney

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what amazes me is some of these bastards look like great grandfathers huffin' and puffin' to keep out there.....

some have 20-30 years on me easily, and as some astute posters here have noted, I'm old as fuk

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I get missing the call, but the T was beyond ridiculous.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

ok, saw the video.....

and all world sbr member Opie88 came to mind......

he's the only one at sbr who can pull that block off!!!!

here he is slammin' it home on a regulation sized goal:

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Those who turn a blind eye to the effect of the officials and all the rule changes
    over the last two years are just willfully ignoring the truth, which is that the
    committee favors referee heavy-handedness and scoring at the expense of game flow.

They made rule changes in 2015-16 and more in 2016-17. They are experimenting with
    more changes in the NIT tournament including reset of team fouls at 10 minute mark
    and a break into 10 minute quarters instead of halves and another new list of additional
    foul adjustments.

I complained about this before the year even started. Now it has ruined a number of games
    already this tournament and is absolutely certain to ruin more. They are killing the athletic
    competitiveness and natural movement of the players. Nobody knows what to expect.
    The officials are required to memorize a rulebook the size of Obamacare.
    They also have the blessing of the NCAA committee to err on the side of the strictest interpretation of the rulebook rather than err on the side of "letting things go",
    so unless there is a clear, 4+ possessions leader in the game, the refs have about a 50% contribution in
    determining who actually wins the game. They are in the heads of the players and coaches.
    This is not whining, this is fact. If you're ok with this kind of outside influence picking winners in close games
    (most of them ARE close), then fine, proceed with wagering, otherwise, there are other gambling options.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...roved-2017-nit
    http://www.ncaa.org/championships/pl...all-rules-game
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-19-17 at 08:51 AM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

the rule changes were put in place to INCREASE scoring...the thought process being if you called touch fouls early, players would adjust.....it's debatable if that has happened....I do agree the calling of 14 fouls in 12 minutes does really slow the game down......at some point the men's game will follow the women's and switch to quarters merely for the resetting of team fouls

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    That kid had me cracking up. He was cheering for them as if Northwestern was destined for a championship. That kid really thought Northwestern was gonna beat everybody and win it all!!
    With the way EVERYONE has a cell phone these days, this kid is going to see that GIF in his face a thousand times in school this week. I see therapy in his very near future.

First 12