kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Big Ten better than the media told us they were?

ACC taking a beating. only two left out of 8 are Duke and Carolina, who both play later. Big Ten has 6 teams this year with over 24 wins, having played competitively against each other. But the media told us they were weak all season because of inconsistent lapses each team had. When it happens to UVA, Duke, FSU, ND etc. they justify it by saying how strong the ACC is. I personally believed the Big Ten better than the Big 12 all year and Kansas and Baylor are overrated because of who they are beating. And Kansas was granted a great bracket. Other than that i wouldn't have expected either team to go far. Kansas being seeded with a top 4 including Louiville, Oregon, and Purdue with a Kansas City destination was a gift.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

Acc has soft players

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

I have 9 teams in acc

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I have 9 teams in acc
    True. forgot they pushed wake forest in there. and wanted syracuse too lol.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

BigTen plays a physical game.

It's showing.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Is ACC supposed to send all their teams to the sweet 16 every season to justify them being called the best conference? I am pretty sure 2015 when they tied for the most teams and then 2016 when they broke the record for most teams in a sweet 16 by a conference posting a 12-1 record speaks for itself and probably why they got respect, don't you think? I guess that is supposed to be the norm. ACC will most likely have its top 2 still in which won't be much different from any other conference by the end of the day.

If any conference has earned the right to bitch it probably would be the Pac 12 not the Big 10. Pac 12 got zero love like usual and has a chance to put 4 into the sweet 16.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

The point is the media, particularly espn, can skew opinions favorably one way or another. Especially when you have Jay Bilas and Williams as well as the former Virginia Tech coach Greenberg on ESPN every week telling the world how great the ACC is. You of all people can agree there is a bias toward a conference your favorite team is in. I agree it is the strongest conference, but the lower teams are granted favor because of the strength of Duke and UNC. And the committee isn't watching all the games, so where do you think there info comes from? They sure aren't reading newspapers anymore.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

As far as the Big 12, it's been a joke to see Kansas and Baylor alternating no. 1 earlier in the year. there are only ten teams in the conference and Oklahoma and Texas are the worst they've been in my lifetime. So Oklahoma St., Kansas St., and Iowa St. are the biggest competition they have with TCU, T.Tech, OU and Texas providing plenty of wins from the bottom.
    Pac 12 bottom weaker than usual with Washington and Stanford putting out worst teams in recent history and Oregon St. worse than their norm.
    The Big 10 showed a much improved Nwestern and Minnesota with Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Maryland maintaining their standard. Michigan St. had a drop off, but even Illinois, Iowa, Ohio St. and Indiana remained competitive. Their depth was very underrated.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

What does the committee have to do with this? Where they supposed to leave some ACC schools out or something? Big 10 probably had more games televised on ESPN than any other conference and has Dan on every night talking about how every Big 10 team is a final four contender and that every other player is one of the best players in the country. I am pretty sure Big 10 got plenty of time on ESPN this season.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Miami beat by 20. FSU by 26. UVA by 25. only teams not beaten by double digits are Wake and L'ville.
    Duke, Carolina and Louisville pretty strong teams. The rest were a bit overrated. It's possible for a conference to be overrated. And underrated as well. Nothing personal against the ACC at all. FSU was a 3 seed and UVA a 5. Not sure a 3 and a 5 from a major has been beaten that bad in the second round before.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

The B1G is usually better than the media gives it credit for every single year.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    The B1G is usually better than the media gives it credit for every single year.
    yeah. surprised every show on espn today admitted they overrated the ACC and underestimated other conferences.