RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

You guys have to help me with this Miami-Michigan State pick

I need all the insight that I can get because I just know this dumb game is gonna screw everything up. I want a perfect bracket, and I find myself having to hedge with this. My gut right away said that Michigan State would definitely win based on being the tougher, harder team, but with Miami at -140, and the public on MSU slightly, and Miami having been terrible against the spread (11-19), I feel that they'll win and cover, and I'll be mad at myself for picking Michigan State. But if I pick Miami, MSU will win, and then I'll be even more mad for going against my knowledge of the teams.

Who is going to win this game? Make a convincing case, so that I don't have to hedge on my brackets and I can go on and be creative and make multiple "St. Mary's in the Elite 8, SMU/UVA in the Final Four" type variations and not have to waste so many brackets hedging MSU/Miami.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

You are trying way too hard.
    Just pick a team and move on; doesnt matter how much work you put into it.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Do you really believe that all this research and preparation is gonna result in a perfect bracket? Don't go crazy trying to get every game right. I know you have a passion for or it and add good knowledge and insight to the cbb forum but it gonna you're better off going with your gut and what you know and then moving on to the next pick. The way I see it, no one would've wasted more than ten seconds capping that middle Tennessee state and mich st game last year and just penciled in the Spartans to advance without hesitation. They were wrong and all those brackets were instantly imperfect, regardless if your research and capping got you the right side in all the 5-12 6-11, 7-10, 8-9 games. There's always one that no one can logically predict. I wish you good luck either way. For the record I think Miami wins this game but what do I know.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

I don't have any convincing closing arguments, but I think Miami wins this game

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    The way I see it, no one would've wasted more than ten seconds capping that middle Tennessee state and mich st game last year and just penciled in the Spartans to advance without hesitation.
    Good point there, I'm just really just hoping this one of those years when the 1-3 seeds advance and, at worst, you have to worry about a 13 seed like ETSU pulling an upset, because Michigan State losing last year as a 2 seed and 15+ point fav was just a historical outlier, and you have to say to yourself, "All right, that's only gonna happen once every 8 years so, and I would still always pick the 2 over the 15 in future years, so I can take getting my bracket busted over such a statistical anomaly".

That's the way I saw last year and 2012 with Norfolk pulling off the equivalent of a 16 over 1 as 21 point dogs to Missouri. The conditions need to be just right, and I'm being optimistic that they are this year.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5405

Miami is the better team and has played the tougher opponents. Easy pick.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Miami is the better team and has played the tougher opponents. Easy pick.
    Posts like this really worry me because Michigan State is much tougher physically and mentally. My guts tells me that even if it goes down to the wire, Michigan State wins somehow someway, but the odds and BPI favor Miami. I'll have to hedge sadly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guess

lean on Miami

No skill to this game chief

ZERO

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Mich St definitely not the tougher team. Mich St has better shooters most likely but Miami very good defensively and have shot blockers to protect the paint. This is a toss up game, you have Mich St who likes to get up and down the court and Miami who will run on occasion but is more of a grind it out team. A young team vs a team will upper classmen. It all depends on who can impose their will on the other. I will say that if Mich St launches up quick shots frequently they will be in for a long day with this Hurricane team

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

All depends on Miles Bridges. He makes this team Jeckyl&Hyde. If he hits his 3s, MSU wins. The perimeter threat combo with Ward down low is unstoppable. Miami doesn't have a great center down low so matchup wise it's good for MSU. Which team (which Bridges) will show up...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everyone beat Mich St this year

Overrated team

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not gonna write out anything, but Miami sucks. They aren't winning. And I don't think MSU is even any good.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Not gonna write out anything, but Miami sucks. They aren't winning. And I don't think MSU is even any good.
    That's what I'm thinking too. This is the worst game to pick out of all them. Xavier-MD and Minny-MTSU are close though.

steelheaddan
    steelheaddan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Mich. St. young and inexperienced. Miami by 7

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Michigan State for me. They got upset last year, so I'd expect them to be focused Game 1. Izzo is the better coach and the the bottom-level ACC teams are not that good.