t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Princeton can knock off Notre Dame

The Irish are coming off another great ACC tourney run but this is a dangerous game. Princeton has won 19 games in a row and can certainly compete with a team like ND that won't overwhelm you with athleticism.

This looks like one of those games that comes down to the wire. Take the points and a shot on the moneyline with Princeton.

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

you're retarded ND rolls em

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wizzle not even a big upset

Neutral courts
    ND not a powerhouse

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

friday is st.patricks day irish roll here

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by dirtycash66 View Post
    you're retarded ND rolls em
    Retarded because an opinion differs from yours?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Wizzle not even a big upset

Neutral courts
    ND not a powerhouse
    7 point line. It would be a fairly significant upset.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Looks like I stuck a nerve

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Only way Princeton can win this game is if they shoot atleast 45% from the 3

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

As soon as that matchup was announced, I wanted to see the line. It opened at 7 and I've seen it go up to 8 and down to 6.5. Notre Dame is extremely overrated, and Princeton rolled through the Ivy League with ease. Sure, Harvard was really young, but they still had Siyani Chambers in his 10th season, and one of Princeton's best players is a freshman, so Harvard's youth is no excuse.

With the way Amaker brings in 3 and 4 star players to Harvard, the entire Ivy League has needed to get better athletes, and Princeton dominated in the toughest age of Ivy hoops in recent history, and I obviously don't follow Ivy hoops, but it's obvious that the competition got way better.

People saying ND rolls are thinking Bonzi Colson or whatever his name is will just establish himself like Shaq against Princeton, but if he was that good why wasn't he doing that all season?

Princeton plays its game, knocks down shots, and I think pulls it out in the end, or maybe even steamrolls this overrated ND team. I'm picking it in all my bracks because I know WV is getting to the Sweet 16 either way.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I saw Princeton early this year they didnt look good, havent really seen them since, have no idea how they managed to win so many games, cant imagine those guys I saw could have developed into scorers, only the pg was worth a thing. Coaching must be off the charts. ND has alot of guys that can score, ND pg vs. Princeton pg will be an entertaining matchup to watch.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Pass.

Irish go deep.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

Of the 5/12s, I like Princeton the least, despite really liking how they play. Kinda think they got screwed with this draw honestly, Notre Dame is the best 5 and always plays better in the tournament than they actually are

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    As soon as that matchup was announced, I wanted to see the line. It opened at 7 and I've seen it go up to 8 and down to 6.5. Notre Dame is extremely overrated, and Princeton rolled through the Ivy League with ease. Sure, Harvard was really young, but they still had Siyani Chambers in his 10th season, and one of Princeton's best players is a freshman, so Harvard's youth is no excuse.

With the way Amaker brings in 3 and 4 star players to Harvard, the entire Ivy League has needed to get better athletes, and Princeton dominated in the toughest age of Ivy hoops in recent history, and I obviously don't follow Ivy hoops, but it's obvious that the competition got way better.

People saying ND rolls are thinking Bonzi Colson or whatever his name is will just establish himself like Shaq against Princeton, but if he was that good why wasn't he doing that all season?

Princeton plays its game, knocks down shots, and I think pulls it out in the end, or maybe even steamrolls this overrated ND team. I'm picking it in all my bracks because I know WV is getting to the Sweet 16 either way.
    Pretty sure Bonzie Colson was the ONLY player in the ACC to average a double double this season.

17.5 points, 10.2 rebounds, 1.6 apg, 1.1 apg, 1.4 bpg, 1.3 tpg. All that on efficient 52% FG and 79% FT shooting. (He even shot 42% from 3 with 22 made 3s.)

RobbieStacks

Bonzi is 6'5" lol and that might be generous since it's from ND's athletic site. Talk about undersized. I've seen him and know he has an excellent motor, but a 6'5" PF is going to be easy for an undersized Ivy League team to gameplan for. Princeton should be able to keep him in check if they listen to coach.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    Bonzi is 6'5" lol and that might be generous since it's from ND's athletic site. Talk about undersized. I've seen him and know he has an excellent motor, but a 6'5" PF is going to be easy for an undersized Ivy League team to gameplan for. Princeton should be able to keep him in check if they listen to coach.
    6'5" with a 7'2" wingspan. Colson along with Iowa State's Burton (6'5" w/ 7' wingspan) present major matchup nightmares as they have huge verts & reach so they rebound well but can shoot jumpers like a guard.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Princeton has no chance, unless they shoot 80% from tre semme

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    6'5" with a 7'2" wingspan. Colson along with Iowa State's Burton (6'5" w/ 7' wingspan) present major matchup nightmares as they have huge verts & reach so they rebound well but can shoot jumpers like a guard.
    Except Burton doesnt really rebound, he spends too much time outside the box.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Princeton has no chance, unless they shoot 80% from tre semme

This is Princeton, not South Dakota State.

I like the "upset". Notre Dame is the trendy pick because of the Elite Eight appearances. They simply are not that good.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Pretty sure Bonzie Colson was the ONLY player in the ACC to average a double double this season.

17.5 points, 10.2 rebounds, 1.6 apg, 1.1 apg, 1.4 bpg, 1.3 tpg. All that on efficient 52% FG and 79% FT shooting. (He even shot 42% from 3 with 22 made 3s.)
    Ya, I don't know what Robbie is smoking but I think Colston should have been player of the year in the ACC. Guy will destroy Princeton. He was heavily under sized against ACC teams and still went out and averaged a double double against some of the best front lines in the country. This couldn't be a better draw for the Irish. Princeton is facing a team that shoots the 3 better than they do, doesn't turn the ball over, and is the best free throw shooting team in the country. Good luck with that Princeton bet, I think they get routed here.

There is a reason this team has made 2 straight Elite 8s because they don't beat themselves and have multiple shooters that can go off. They will be the ones that knock off Zags. Book it

jjgold

Nd 69-60

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Absolutely. This is gonna be a close game. Princeton is no joke. ND is good, but not great. Colson needs to dominate, and they need to make their threes. ND never does a thing in the Tournament. I think they pull it off, but it's a two position game, or less.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

If ND wins I like them to go deep

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Absolutely. This is gonna be a close game. Princeton is no joke. ND is good, but not great. Colson needs to dominate, and they need to make their threes. ND never does a thing in the Tournament. I think they pull it off, but it's a two position game, or less.
    I don't think ND is the team that has to play or do anything special. They are a better version of Princeton with better shooters and post players. By the way cuse, ND has been to two straight Elite 8s almost knocked off that UK team that was supposed to be the greatest team ever so I wouldn't say they haven't done anything in the tournament, if anything they have over achieved lately compared to what people thought.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I don't think ND is the team that has to play or do anything special. They are a better version of Princeton with better shooters and post players. By the way cuse, ND has been to two straight Elite 8s almost knocked off that UK team that was supposed to be the greatest team ever so I wouldn't say they haven't done anything in the tournament, if anything they have over achieved lately compared to what people thought.
    I know, but who remembers Elite 8s? I guess a few of you. They were knocked out early so many times. Nova finally broke through, maybe they will too. I doubt it, but we'll see. They really aren't that good. They sat on the weak side of the ACCT bracket to get to Duke. They probably beat Princeton, but Sweet 16 tops, IMO. People pick them to make it to the FF yearly.

Cuse0323

I do hope they win, and WVU wins. WVU is a terrible matchup for them. Wish I built up some money. That game is free money. Huggy Bear will run circles around Brey if it happens.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I would again say its a good matchup for ND. WV terrible in the halfcourt with half ass shooters, hence why they never advance or win anything important, against a team that can play uptempo or run offense. WV lives off of turning people over and fouls way too much doing it vs a team that doesn't turn it over and is the top free throw shooting team in the country.

I don't think many people pick them to do much any of the years because they don't have all these one and done type players. Everyone just pushes them to the waste side because they aren't flashy but continue to complete and finish high in the best league and play well against all types of teams. They play smart, can shoot at all positions, and again best at the foul line. They don't beat themselves.

Cuse0323

We shall see. Best of luck in the Tourney, man.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    We shall see. Best of luck in the Tourney, man.
    you too cuser

t-wizzle

Down to the wire.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I jusy about lost $340 on Notre Dame's choking asses. Glad that last 3 was off.

jjgold

just take dogs

I take ND like a dick boy

RobbieStacks

Notre Dame is easily gone very soon. Even if they upset WVU, my title pick Zaga is going to smash these frauds. Bonzi Colson sucks. He's just an undersized PF with a basic, fundamental game and a strong motor.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    just take dogs

I take ND like a dick boy
    Jj I tried to tell you pal.