Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

Thanks Unde. I am going to call Tony at 5 dimes and make him put limits on my bets (actually I called twice and they said he is out of the country) and only he can do it. Of course I proceeded to lose after that. I most likely will be at SBR for as long as I live or SBR lives.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    No, it's not. In fact, it's not even close. I've mentioned to him for 6 months not to take massive ML favorites. Putting way too much on the line for minimal gain. I'm 99% sure he doesn't even cap things, he just takes the largest ML favorites because he figures they have the least chance of losing.

The guy is a textbook case of someone with a massive gambling issue. Bets just to bet, only takes huge ML favorites, and loses way more than he makes.

jayc88 is 100% correct.

Can't feel sorry for a guy that does it to himself, even when better people warn him against it time and time again. Some people just like to set themselves up to fail.
    lol. Astro you summed it up. I am a compulsive gambler with no control. Currently working on that.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Thanks Unde. I am going to call Tony at 5 dimes and make him put limits on my bets (actually I called twice and they said he is out of the country) and only he can do it. Of course I proceeded to lose after that. I most likely will be at SBR for as long as I live or SBR lives.
    If you just look at what you have lost on these, I mean actually sit down and add up losses from these types of plays I think you won't need Tony to do anything. The numbers will just jump off the page and slap you in the face. The amount of plays you could make with the money you risk on just one of these plays to win basically nothing is what you have to realize. You could have won that amount of money taking a small dog betting $25 instead of $226. Even if that play loses then you would be looking at $200 balance instead of the $0.00

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Is this an sbr intervention? If only jj gold never gave otters his kiss of death

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Have you ever cashed out from 5 dimes? What's the most you've ever been up or have had in your account there?

If you are losing $50-$100 each week and never cashing out, that stuff can add up quick.

Longwood20
    Longwood20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Otters no need to get a sex change operation...its not worth the effort....ask Twizzle

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    awful beat, that 3 by Kuzma buried me in college fantasy too. Utes still lost
    Which DFS site does college hoops?

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Have you ever cashed out from 5 dimes? What's the most you've ever been up or have had in your account there?

If you are losing $50-$100 each week and never cashing out, that stuff can add up quick.
    used to cash out now and then. ive prolly lost about 5k there in the last 3 years.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

$5k ain't terrible. Look at it like a hobby that you pay $2k a year to participate in if you can't stop. No big deal.

I actually had a terrible day this weekend....so having had a lot to drink, I wagered $4500 (on two different sites) on a -367 fave to try to recoup some of the loss. What a bozo move. I will never do that again.

I ended up winning, but I was behind most of the game and got lucky. Betting favourites sucks!!

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    $5k ain't terrible.
    It's relative. Otters is constantly making it seem like he's all in on these massive MLs. If you don't have much extra cash then 5k is a lot. It's a lost cause, just have to live and learn. Usually people learn, but not always.

I've stopped feeling bad for him. One of the first things I learned is taking massive ML favs is a bad idea, as well as including the same game in every parlay.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It's relative. Otters is constantly making it seem like he's all in on these massive MLs. If you don't have much extra cash then 5k is a lot. It's a lost cause, just have to live and learn. Usually people learn, but not always.

I've stopped feeling bad for him. One of the first things I learned is taking massive ML favs is a bad idea, as well as including the same game in every parlay.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

otter I am glad you lose

otter that is bc you have no real job

otter quit fukkin gamblin

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    otter I am glad you lose

otter that is bc you have no real job

otter quit fukkin gamblin
    sbr should send you $1000 and banned from all books and their forum to compensate you

I think you have a lawsuit against them but too broke to move forward with it

Otters27

Appreciate the honesty. I don't want people to feel bad for me. I love gambling and don't mind losing the money. The issue was that I promised someone I wouldn't make the bet. I felt like it was ment to lose so that I could have an open and honest conversation with that person. Long story short thing have been resolved and thing are good now.

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Sounds like some good came out of this situation. Gl otters

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Otto have you considered gamblers anonymous?

They can help you man

I know a few people who's lives were saved

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Rock bottom

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Appreciate the honesty. I don't want people to feel bad for me. I love gambling and don't mind losing the money. The issue was that I promised someone I wouldn't make the bet. I felt like it was ment to lose so that I could have an open and honest conversation with that person. Long story short thing have been resolved and thing are good now.
    Who did you promise? Besides me, that is. I need to know how the story ends, Otter.

Otters27

Lol. A very close friend that was trying to help me

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Lol. A very close friend that was trying to help me
    I knew Brock Landers was involved somehow...that guy is poison

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Which DFS site does college hoops?
    Was a season long league on Fantrax. If you like DFS fanpicks does college hoops and football, haven't played there though.

Keep your head up Otters, make the adjustments in your betting and you will be fine.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

I think you should only bet tiny amounts on huge underdogs from here on

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    I think you should only bet tiny amounts on huge underdogs from here on
    Ya. I should be good at picking them since I have lost on so many huge favs

First 12