omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

That Feeling When...

You have the Under on a historically under team, they score 50 points in the first half, and then score 90 fukking points in the second half, including 9 points in 40 seconds!!!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Do you have Kenpom? Rider is averaging 73 possessions this year, 24th in the nation, thats about 8 more than normal in Baggett's tenure there, theyve picked up the pace this year.

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

It wasn't the Rider game

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Do you have Kenpom? Rider is averaging 73 possessions this year, 24th in the nation, thats about 8 more than normal in Baggett's tenure there, theyve picked up the pace this year.
    Just FYI, "Adj. Tempo" on Kenpom is not an average number of possessions. Instead, it is "An estimate of the tempo (possessions per 40 minutes) a team would have against the team that wants to play at an average D-I tempo." Teamrankings.com is better for raw averages. Rider averages 75.5 possessions per game this season.

Your larger point about Rider being more uptempo is correct, but I just wanted to point out that the Kenpom number isn't an average.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Just FYI, "Adj. Tempo" on Kenpom is not an average number of possessions. Instead, it is "An estimate of the tempo (possessions per 40 minutes) a team would have against the team that wants to play at an average D-I tempo." Teamrankings.com is better for raw averages. Rider averages 75.5 possessions per game this season.

Your larger point about Rider being more uptempo is correct, but I just wanted to point out that the Kenpom number isn't an average.
    Cool, thanks, I didnt take the time to read all of his explanations, maybe I should have.